Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Reminder: don't go to the main boards making threads looking for sympathy on reffing affecting the Canucks— that's weak **** and no one cares about the 1st place team in the NHL having a run of bad reffing.

Like, yes, reffing and officiating is awful right now, put it in a thread about a broader trend and stop with the "the league is out to get me and my team specifically" crap.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
re post
10-7 LOL well cant say the fans didnt have a good time

Refs with the assist on this one and hate offering excuses for shoddy PKing and goaltending but the opportunities provided were quite frankly disgusting

Wild had almost as many ES shots as goals today. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Special teams needs to get back to the drawing board and Hughes Hronek are having some issues defensively lately

Hard to do when you do an eastern 5 game trip, come home, and go back on the road without a single multiday break. 3 morning games and multiple back to backs. It can't be ignored how rough this section of scheduling is.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Avalanche get a ton of calls and I can't imagine zero Canucks will talk about this in post-game. I'm already scared to see the reffing tomorrow, lol.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Me watching the game when it starts:

146245.jpg

Me waking up in the 3rd:

better-say-something-or-theyll-think-youre-stupid-great-v0-lfnwx1oxompb1.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Reminder: don't go to the main boards making threads looking for sympathy on reffing affecting the Canucks— that's weak **** and no one cares about the 1st place team in the NHL having a run of bad reffing.

Like, yes, reffing and officiating is awful right now, put it in a thread about a broader trend and stop with the "the league is out to get me and my team specifically" crap.

I’ve avoided the main boards since 2011 for this reason. Highly recommend you all do the same.

No sympathy for the Devil (Canucks).

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
DeSmith has been struggling lately, and a blowout like this could potentially kill his confidence for the rest of the season, and that's mostly on Tocchet. If he can't recover and prove himself over the next couple of weeks, Allvin may want to pick up another backup at the TDL as insurance. If Demko goes down, we don't have a hope in hell of winning a playoff series.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Outside of about five minutes of play in the first period after their first 5 on 3, and about two minutes of player after their last 5 on 3 in the third, we dominated them at evens.
Yeah and being better at 5 on 3 is not a thing. Killing it off is almost purely luck driven or due to incompetence from the other side.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Yeah I have no idea how people even come up with these takes. I get being "classy" and all that, but there's being classy, and then there's being delusional. The Wild earned nothing of this game.
They earned 10 goals and the win bud

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I hope Canucks don't call out the refs. They sent the msg loud and clear! "just take it or we'll screw you even harder"

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Yeah I have no idea how people even come up with these takes. I get being "classy" and all that, but there's being classy, and then there's being delusional. The Wild earned nothing of this game.
Well they did earn 2pts.

Presidents Day in the States.

Gotta make sure the “good guys” win.

Reactions: AD16

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I hope Canucks don't call out the refs. They sent the msg loud and clear! "just take it or we'll screw you even harder"
If we were in the bottom of the standings I'd call them out every game just to show how corrupt they are

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
"We will make your stars get repeatedly punched in the face after whistles without any reprecussions."

Again. The 2011 Stanley Cup finals were a joke but the 2013 series against the Sharks was just as bush league.

Toronto had to deal with unfair BS against the Lightning as well. Habs in multiple series against Boston.

Reactions: AD16

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Have to imagine Tocc is pretty ticked off at this one.

Poor discipline cost them 100% but wild earned their breaks to get the win.

What the heck were the refs doing on the 5-5 goal? Felt like the puck was under DeSmith then under Cole before finally getting jarred loose for the goal

What game did you watch my guy? We completely dominated them through two periods after a slow start, which not so coincidentally was after the beginning of the 5 on 3 phantom parade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad