GDT: Canucks 3 @ Broons 6 | 19th Oct

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Lol, who cares if he's a disaster as a person?

Patrick Kane is an awful person, I'd still take him on this team in a heartbeat.

I'd take a team of *****ebags with talent over a bunch of nice guys that contribute more to the community than on the ice.
The post I was replying to said "He's not a disaster" So I replied, "He's not a disaster of a person" i.e. Johnny Manziel, Greg Hardy, Pacman Jones etc etc Would you take any of them on your football team in a heartbeat?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I hate that Gudbranson penalty. It's a penalty, yeah....but not a 5 min major +. He got him in the numbers, and you can't do that...but because he goes in there behind the opposing net digging around in his own feet for a puck and intentionally turns his back to a defender. I hate what it says about where hockey is going.

Fire up the Don Cherry rant as far as i'm concerned. We're talking about Pro hockey players at the highest level here, not Atom players with a Stop Sign on the back of their jerseys just learning how contact hockey works.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I wonder if that line of thinking was used to pass on Tkachuk

Sickening to think about really.

What we need is more bad boys in management. Like the GM or President... or even the assistant to the travelling secretary.

seinfeld-george-trying-to-look-cool.jpg

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I hate that Gudbranson penalty. It's a penalty, yeah....but not a 5 min major +. He got him in the numbers, and you can't do that...but because he goes in there behind the opposing net digging around in his own feet for a puck and intentionally turns his back to a defender. I hate what it says about where hockey is going.

Fire up the Don Cherry rant as far as i'm concerned. We're talking about Pro hockey players at the highest level here, not Atom players with a Stop Sign on the back of their jerseys just learning how contact hockey works.

Couldn't agree more.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Lol, who cares if he's a disaster as a person?

Patrick Kane is an awful person, I'd still take him on this team in a heartbeat.

I'd take a team of *****ebags with talent over a bunch of nice guys that contribute more to the community than on the ice.
I didn't even bother to read your whole post when I replied to it the first time. Your team of 'bags' would never win. Period. Sure you can sprinkle in one or two of those guys at most on a team with a ton of character/leadership and great coaching. But to say you'd take a team full of them and seriously expect to win anything in the post season seems absurd. I'd take a group of guys with heart that show their heart in the playoff then an entire team made up of people as I put it. Miracle on ice type thing - good guys always win.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
The post I was replying to said "He's not a disaster" So I replied, "He's not a disaster of a person" i.e. Johnny Manziel, Greg Hardy, Pacman Jones etc etc Would you take any of them on your football team in a heartbeat?

I would never cheer for or support a team that listed Patrick or Evander Kane or, as you put it, a collection of douchebags.

What you lend your support and attention to in this life grows and expands because of it.

What you do matters, maybe just a little but it matters.

I value some modicum of decency in this life, and I do my best to act with integrity as dictated by those values.

The world will either be better or worse for your having been in it, again maybe just a little but you will leave your mark one way or another

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017

Me too,

The "everyone's a victim" philosophy is growing by the day,

And so grows the concept of "no consequence Hockey"

Reactions: biturbo19

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I would never cheer for or support a team that listed Patrick or Evander Kane or, as you put it, a collection of *****ebags.

What you lend your support and attention to in this life grows and expands because of it.

What you do matters, maybe just a little but it matters.

I value some modicum of decency in this life, and I do my best to act with integrity as dictated by those values.

The world will either be better or worse for your having been in it, again maybe just a little but you will leave your mark one way or another
No NFL team (that has a lot more money riding on their season than any NHL team) would even consider having those three I listed as 3/53. Imagine if somehow you had 53 players like that on a team. I bet they actually wouldn't even finish the season.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
LOL! You actually did a pretty good job imitating Hirsch. He's pretty bad. I don't know how he got hired. I disliked Tomlinson but he was miles better. I do really like Brendan Batchelor, the new PBP guy, though.

That's the guy who was doing it, not Hirsch

God I miss shorty and Larchied, sometime I would skip watching games just to listen, having heard other team's radio guys I learned we didn't know how luck we were, that was the best hockey broadcast team I've EVER heard, so entertaining, Shorty made you feel you were there, Larchied made you feel like you were watching the game with a buddy,

Larchied was really the Jesse "the body" Ventura of Hockey color guys, they actually had real similarities in style, not the least of which was calling things like they saw them regardless of company line, and TRUE passion for the product they were calling, balanced by the idea that what they were calling at the end of the day, was entertainment

God, I miss those two, can we get Jesse Ventura in to call the Canucks? He's a Minnesota guy and a BIG hockey fan, he could walk onto a broadcast today and not miss a beat I know he already knows all about Boesser and is keeping an eye on him. I honestly think he would blow any color man in history away

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I'd like to see a actual serious shake up of the first power play unit.

Granlund being held off the PP seems so strange to me, especially since he hasn't actually played that badly as of late.

I don't like the vet first unit, all prospects/young players 2nd unit. Why can't we have a mix of 2?

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd like to see a actual serious shake up of the first power play unit.

Granlund being held off the PP seems so strange to me, especially since he hasn't actually played that badly as of late.

I don't like the vet first unit, all prospects/young players 2nd unit. Why can't we have a mix of 2?
Green/Brown need to watch how Gagner was used in Columbus. He played at the half wall and was their "Henrik" on the PP. It's a waste to have him on the Sedin unit at the point. That unit needs another scorer and the 2nd unit needs someone who can QB from the half wall.

Granlund deserves PP time, fully agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3