GDT: Canucks 3 @ Broons 6 | 19th Oct

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
So, I'm listening to the radio broadcast, it's Corey Hirsch and some play by play guy, I guess there was just a broo-ha-ha with Dorcett....

...and the guy wasn't describing what happened at all, he was like: "Dorcett....I...I..dodon't know what happened.........there was a whistle...Dorsett involved with....he plays that role....uhhh, we might have penalties....well have to wait and see...uhh... Dorcette....uhh....involved.....the refs.....uhh"

Has no one told this Ham n' Egger that his job is to DESCRIBE WHAT'S HAPPENING?
Hirsch is so bad.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
This is incorrect on so many levels. He’s been ok but acting like he’s been a difference maker is just flat out incorrect and seeing what you want to see.

I didn't say he's been a "difference maker". He just looks the most dangerous with the puck because of his skill level. It's more than you can say about all the other plugs on this roster.

Horvat creates his chances through plain old hard work, but other than that he's not creating offense with pure skill.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Well this is too depressing Im not watching anymore Im out

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I didn't say he's been a "difference maker". He just looks the most dangerous with the puck because of his skill level. It's more than you can say about all the other plugs on this roster.

Horvat creates his chances through plain old hard work, but other than that he's not creating offense with pure skill.
I’ll agree that his skill set is much better than the trash heap that’s been put together. I’d say he still needs to get stronger on the puck because right now I see him as more of a passenger

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Completely, but it’s who we’ve now picked. He’s not a disaster yet.
He's not a disaster as a person. But picking him with the #5 pick compared to the NHL players that were passed over - is a disaster. Sure, technically you can throw in 'yet', but it really was a disaster of a pick.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

He's absolutely been a difference maker in offensive situations. It's in his own end where you see him get passive and stand around more than he should. So that cancels out some of his offensive prowess.

I don't know how you can watch these games and not see how he affects their flow in the opposition zone.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Any time you use a high pick on a player that stagnates, it's massively detrimental to a rebuild.

While there's no guarantee that any of the players they passed on would be having the same amount of success on this team, it's getting really old.

And these idiots did it twice. At least they seem to have nailed the Pettersson pick, but time will tell.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He's not a disaster as a person. But picking him with the #5 pick compared to the NHL players that were passed over - is a disaster. Sure, technically you can throw in 'yet', but it really was a disaster of a pick.

Lol, who cares if he's a disaster as a person?

Patrick Kane is an awful person, I'd still take him on this team in a heartbeat.

I'd take a team of douchebags with talent over a bunch of nice guys that contribute more to the community than on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00