GDT: Canucks 3 @ Broons 6 | 19th Oct

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I love that Boeser still manages to put up points even when it's unlikely he will... :laugh:

2nd assist on Horvat's goal...

So good.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I hate that Gudbranson penalty. It's a penalty, yeah....but not a 5 min major +. He got him in the numbers, and you can't do that...but because he goes in there behind the opposing net digging around in his own feet for a puck and intentionally turns his back to a defender. I hate what it says about where hockey is going.

Fire up the Don Cherry rant as far as i'm concerned. We're talking about Pro hockey players at the highest level here, not Atom players with a Stop Sign on the back of their jerseys just learning how contact hockey works.

Couldn't disagree more. And I'm one of the loudest complainers about the 'clean open ice hit but the shoulder hit the head a bit so it's a suspension' BS.

Checking a guy from behind into the boards is the most dangerous play in hockey. That play has been a major for 20 years. Vatrano didn't turn into it - Gudbranson had plenty of time to hold up and pin him against the boards and instead exploded through him face-first into the glass. Completely correct call.

The non-instigator in Schaller, on the other hand ...

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
"Plate or platter"?

:laugh: I love her... even though she scares the hell out of me.
3L2TTRD.gif

Baby reenactment. :)

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lousy game. Boston went into cruise control at 5-1 and we looked better in the 2nd half, but this was a bad performance by a bad team.

- idiotic play by Gudbranson. Looked at the numbers on Vatrano for ages and decided to obliterate him from behind. Can't wait until this player is gone off my team - in 30 years following this team I can count on one hand the players I liked less.

- after a very good start to the season, Del Zaster turned up tonight. Atrocious game. Completely blanked out on the 1-1 goal and lost his coverage, walked embarrassingly on the 2-1 goal, took two penalties and had soft coverage on the PK all night. Is a good 2nd pairing guy but giving him 25 minutes is a bridge too far.

- Pouliot looks like a slower Yannick Weber. He hasn't 'sucked' but is really bringing nothing to the table. Would rather see those minutes going to Chatfield.

- Tanev didn't have his best game but was still the best Canuck. Stecher also not bad.

- Hutton so soft in his down low coverage, especially on the PK where he was awful. When you see him look so good in his hometown game in Ottawa and then this listless next time out you really have to start questioning his compete level. Needs to bring that level of intensity and focus to his play every night.

- Sedins were abysmal. Actually felt sad watching them tonight. So slow, so many lame intercepted passes and weak shot attempts. The speed of their decline is astonishing right now. Retirement announcement can't be far off.

- Boeser was our only forward who looked dangerous on more than 1 or 2 shifts. Can see his confidence growing.

- Gagner mostly stunk but had a stretch of shifts in the 2nd period where he actually looked good and provided a bit of hope that he can be the offensive contributor he was signed to be.

- Horvat scored but that might have been the only time I noticed him positively all night. Didn't think Baertschi was good but has points in 3 straight games now.

- Burmistrov struggled after his good game in Ottawa - especially on the PK where his coverage was way too soft. Terrible effort on one of the goals.

- Granlund has been good defensively but wasn't tonight. Weak game. Is it too soon to note he has 0 points this season?

- Sutter stunk. Mediocre player playing too much.

- credit to Dorsett for his effort level. The guy does care. And has been good at points this year. But he's a 10-minute 4th liner, not a 17-minute shutdown/PK stalwart. Taken to school on the 6-3 goal.

- Virtanen has the same game every night. A couple decent rushes where he shoots from bad angles, a few good forechecks ... and that's about it. Needs to go to Utica.

- Nilsson didn't make saves I guess but both goalies were hung out to dry. So many high-percentage shots. This game actually could have been worse had both goalies not made some very good saves.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
A lousy game by a lousy team.

It's been 6 games into the season and I've already let all my anger go for the season.

Pettersson got his first career goal, prospects doing well, Dahlin is the only goal. And defending Hutton from nasty internet posters of course.

I expect much more games like that one, but at least we scored 3 goals! :D

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Game essentially over in the first period....three goals on the same major penalty and you could turn out the lights.

Just not convinced Hutton is much more than a 5-6 d-man who gets exposed when he has to play more minutes. Just too slow to move the puck; has a ponderous first-step and gets stripped way too often......I can see Holm displacing someone on the blueline before the season is over and it might be Hutton.

Also obvious the Canucks won't win on the road unless their goalie is their best player.....both guys far from that tonight. As for the Sedins it's becoming more apparent to me that this is their farewell season. Canucks need the cap=space and they're barely registering in these games.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Game would of been 3-3 if not for #8 on our depth d Gudbranson jackass. Run down if anyones interested what i have to say on this (probably no one lol)

Boeser - Best fwd and thought he is becoming more consistent and makes plays more now. Saw him skate to brake up plays in the d zone and made some very crisp passes. He has fantastic stick handling in the o zone where he sets himself up for a shot. His shot is out of this world fast he just needs to control it a lil but tbh Im not worried about it i think he will get that covered. I can for sure see HUGE things coming from Boeser as he matures

Horvat - Best game Ive seen him this season (missed game 1) but looks like hes lagging behind 2016-17 Horvat intensity. Maybe the preseason injury still. TBH not worried about Bo even if it takes him a few games

Baertchi - More involved then any other game this season and hes getting rewarded with pts which is nice to see. I dont think he will ever be better then a 2nd liner but thats fine he is what he is hopefully he continues to work on his consistency

Vanek - More physical then is given credit for. Was a pug hog and pushing Bruins off the puck a couple a times I noticed tonight which i really never expected from him. Impressed altho he does have his shorts coming

Sedins - Fork in em there done as dinner

Granlund - Bad season so far. Pretty disappointing considering where he left off last year

Gagner - Junk for the most part. He tries hard Ill give him that and hes consistent but consistent at doing nothing effective but sometimes it looks good. I dont know how to describe him exactly but its generally NOT good

Virtanen - Lets be fair to Jake for once - i cant remember him really screwing up tonight yet he doesnt get much to work with (Sutter and Dorset or the Sedins) and plays good defensive hockey. Needs to up the physicality but i kinda wanna see more of him then Green is letting him play

Sutter - Pure hot garbage

Dorset - I dont know why everyone cant change their POV hes clearly playing better then last season. Hes physical he sticks up for teammates and has a ton a energy. Kind of dumb tho and takes stupid penalties and obvi not worth his contract but i think hes playing his best Canuck hockey these days

Burmur - Night in day from last game. Not noticeable just DISAPPREAD

Tanev - Not his best game. Infact his worse game Ive seen in a while. Bad passes and giveaways and didnt use his speed at all. Not worried everyone has these games

de Zotto - Up in down game. Some big mistakes but also quiet effective offensively and has good defensive positioning i thought

Hutton - Inconsistent as well. Made some great plays at times but more then often not he made a lot a screw ups

Stecher - Getting pushed around and not growing his game as he has been figured out by the rest of the league how to suppress his offensive upside

Gudbranson - Please suspend for the rest of the season

Pouliot - ok i guess not AS bad as advertised but never really impressed either

Nielsson - Didnt make the fantastic saves that was required but i dont think really played bad

Marky - same pretty much

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
- Pouliot looks like a slower Yannick Weber. He hasn't 'sucked' but is really bringing nothing to the table. Would rather see those minutes going to Chatfield.

- Sedins were abysmal. Actually felt sad watching them tonight. So slow, so many lame intercepted passes and weak shot attempts. The speed of their decline is astonishing right now. Retirement announcement can't be far off.

- Sutter stunk. Mediocre player playing too much.

- credit to Dorsett for his effort level. The guy does care. And has been good at points this year. But he's a 10-minute 4th liner, not a 17-minute shutdown/PK stalwart. Taken to school on the 6-3 goal.

- Virtanen has the same game every night. A couple decent rushes where he shoots from bad angles, a few good forechecks ... and that's about it. Needs to go to Utica.

Deleted most, but a perfect summary from what I saw. 'Slower Yannick Weber' might be the cruelest critique I've ever seen but I can't argue.

I love the Sedins, and have had a handful of interactions w them and they're really really good ppl, but holy smokes it's been ugly out there. I almost look away uncomfortably when I see the Ozone turnover and the slow skate to the bench.

I know Gudbranson was dumb to lay the hit, but I don't hate it. I've liked him playing like an asshole this yr. Maybe just because there's not a lot of entertainment out there idk. Agree re Dorsett, hate the contract but respect the guy/player. Virt I have a hard time watching. Can't imagine a more frustrating linemate.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Watched the hilights lol are we bad.

Also does the 3 goals on the gudbranson penalty count. As the bruins going 3 for 1?

Yeah i think it does

They were like 300% on the PP at one point

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Stopped watching when it was 4-1. Clearly the right choice.

I know intellectually that the Canucks losing terribly every game this season is the best thing for the team moving forward as it hastens the departure of the cadre of idiots currently in charge, MAN it sucks to see. Especially to the f***ing Bruins of all teams.

Ugh.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Watched the hilights lol are we bad.

Also does the 3 goals on the gudbranson penalty count. As the bruins going 3 for 1?
If you score 0 you are 0 for 1
If you score 1... you are officially 1/2
If you score 2 on the major.. you are officially 2/3

The Bruins officially went 3/4 on the major... because they “failed” to score on their final portion of the 5min PP that was left after the last goal.

It’s one of those funny quirks that you can technically never go 100% on a major penalty no matter how many you get.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Dorsett was a pretty decent bottom-six winger his first season here and who knows how much that condition of his screwed him up after that. Giving a player like this a 4-year contract is always a stupid idea but I have no problem believing he can be a decent player.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Lousy game. Boston went into cruise control at 5-1 and we looked better in the 2nd half, but this was a bad performance by a bad team.

- idiotic play by Gudbranson. Looked at the numbers on Vatrano for ages and decided to obliterate him from behind. Can't wait until this player is gone off my team - in 30 years following this team I can count on one hand the players I liked less.

I am very intrigued. Why is he in your top 5 least liked canucks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->