Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ 2018 World Championships (Pettersson, Nilsson win GOLD!!!)

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Some good points here...I still think its very ambitious to see Gaudette as a 2C..I don't see Horvat falling down any depth chart,he improves his game every year..If Pettersson and Gaudette hit their ceilings though,the Canucks would have an amazing 1-2-3 punch down centre ice...I would be totally delighted.

Agreed... but Horvat has been the future for a while here but he's potentially the least talented of the three (Pettersson, Gaudette, Horvat). IF he doesn't get the 'C' and is supplanted in 2 seasons as a top 6 winger I really, really wonder how he'll take it especially since he's assumed the 'C' was his. Going to be interesting to watch for sure, here's hoping that best case scenario comes through.

OK, game on folks.

SUI v CAN for a chance at Sweden for gold.

Lets go BO!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Agreed... but Horvat has been the future for a while here but he's potentially the least talented of the three (Pettersson, Gaudette, Horvat). IF he doesn't get the 'C' and is supplanted in 2 seasons as a top 6 winger I really, really wonder how he'll take it especially since he's assumed the 'C' was his. Going to be interesting to watch for sure, here's hoping that best case scenario comes through.

OK, game on folks.

Lets go BO!

Just a simple point and then I'll beg out.

As has already been stated a few posts back, "shiny new toy syndrome".

This post is the epitome of that term. 2 guys who have done absolutely nothing as of now for the Canucks and already talk of supplanting BO. Elias has been a RW in Sweden and no matter how you stack it, the SHL is not the NHL. Now he's penciled in as the #1 center on an NHL team? Gaudette has a chance of starting the upcoming season in Utica (and probably should), but with Benning at the helm that's not likely. He has the greatest case of shiny new toy syndrome in Vancouver. IMO, neither Pettersson nor Gaudette is moving Bo to #3 for some time. Bo is the man in the middle on this team until someone physically takes it away from him and neither of them is even close to doing that.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Brock and Elias will have something to say about that.

We are talking centers here.

Brock needs Bo in the middle to pick up where he left off.

Elias will be a RW for some time. IF Brock is #1 on the right side that makes Elias #2.

Look for Benning to sign a #2 from the UFA list. Sutter gets #3 and Gagner is going nowhere and should thus get #4. This allows Gaudette to get his pro game in hand by playing all the big minutes to start the season in Utica. When (if) he sets the AHL on fire and proves he's too good for that league, he moves up.

Vancouver doesn't need another rushed player not given the ice time he needs to get himself solidly into the pro game. If he is as good as some seem to think, it won't take long for him to prove it. Dahlen on his left and Jasek on his right gives him a chance to aid them in proving their worth right along with him. That's what we would see from most NHL franchises with these kids to start the season. Have to suppress the shiny new toy syndrome fore a little while. They will prove their value and if it's NHL worthy it will be very easy to see. None of these 3 are considered blue chip-can't miss NHL stars. They are promising prospects with a lot yet to prove. Give them a chance to do it playing top minutes in all roles.

Reactions: Jack Burton

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Just a simple point and then I'll beg out.

As has already been stated a few posts back, "shiny new toy syndrome".

This post is the epitome of that term. 2 guys who have done absolutely nothing as of now for the Canucks and already talk of supplanting BO. Elias has been a RW in Sweden and no matter how you stack it, the SHL is not the NHL. Now he's penciled in as the #1 center on an NHL team? Gaudette has a chance of starting the upcoming season in Utica (and probably should), but with Benning at the helm that's not likely. He has the greatest case of shiny new toy syndrome in Vancouver. IMO, neither Pettersson nor Gaudette is moving Bo to #3 for some time. Bo is the man in the middle on this team until someone physically takes it away from him and neither of them is even close to doing that.

I'm projecting, possibly to narrowly, to the day when Gaudette, Pettersson and Horvat are playing to their potential... that's all.

Relax.

Last edited:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

OK, game on folks.

Lets go BO!

Really? Why are we speculating over something this silly... we have nothing in the system that’ll bump Horvat off a top 6 center job and no one in the system that’ll be a better leader than him. Pettersson may end up with more pts but Horvat is the player you want to win playoff series with. Horvat will end up with the C in Vancouver, it’s his team.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Really? Why are we speculating over something this silly... we have nothing in the system that’ll bump Horvat off a top 6 center job and no one in the system that’ll be a better leader than him. Pettersson may end up with more pts but Horvat is the player you want to win playoff series with. Horvat will end up with the C in Vancouver, it’s his team.
You need both types of players (leaders and skilled players).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It’s the internet
People need to talk about something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad