Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ 2018 World Championships (Pettersson, Nilsson win GOLD!!!)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Slavin is a good hockey player but I could easily name 25 d men I’d take over him
The fact that he asked for 25 players who are better than him shows than him tells you all the story.
And not only it costs times, it’s likely that he won’t agree with the list

And yes Salvin is solid, so is Adam Larsson

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Ddq8zC2VwAAR9cB.jpg

Reactions: timw33

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
He did, but the whole tourney hes looked below average.
6-0-1, 3 SO, 95.40%, GAA 1,09. And 4/5 in the Final shootout to win the gold. All-Star Team Award. Not what I'd consider below average, or garbage.

He definitely looked awkward early on in the Final and the 2nd goal was totally on him, but he got into the gear after that. Maybe the start was due to a tough game yesterday. All in all he's had an excellent tourney. Which of course is good for all parties.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Nilly was good behind a good defence and good team. I've been saying that for awhile now.

He has mobility issues, but that's quite common for a goalie that size. Did we all think Kinkaid looked silky smooth or something?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really hoping Benning jumps on Nilsson's tournament here and flogs him for a draft choice. 3rd round pick? Take it in a heartbeat.
Apparently there were a lot of NHL types scouting this tourney and there are a number of teams in the league with the need to shore up shaky goaltending, so you just never know. I'd take a second or third rounder for him in a heartbeat....even a decent prospect would be acceptable....of course that would mean Demko being gifted a roster spot in VanCity.

But if Jimbo couldn't get anything for Vanek at the trade deadline I can't believe he'd get much for Nilsson either.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Trade Nilsson immediately. He's moved himself from a guy you wouldn't burn a waiver claim on to a guy you take a flyer on for a late pick. But that value declines as soon as he plays another NHL game.

Agreed. Let Demko's apprenticeship begin and get what you can for Nilsson at this stage. His value may never be better.

Although, good for him. Well played.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
go ahead do it
Just for you DIM
Carlson
Burns
Klingberg
Gostisbehere
Hedman
Karlsson
Doughty
Subban
Pietroangelo
Jodi
Reilly
Suter
Byfuglien
OEL
Muzzin
Provorov
Ekblad
Jones
Werenski
Sergachev
Ekholm
Vlasic
McAvoy
Parayko
Manson
Heiskanen
Dahlin

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Apparently there were a lot of NHL types scouting this tourney and there are a number of teams in the league with the need to shore up shaky goaltending, so you just never know. I'd take a second or third rounder for him in a heartbeat....even a decent prospect would be acceptable....of course that would mean Demko being gifted a roster spot in VanCity.

But if Jimbo couldn't get anything for Vanek at the trade deadline I can't believe he'd get much for Nilsson either.

YEah I don't know if Benning is slick enough to do this...........I can't see his value getting any higher and I don't think gifting Demko 25 games this year would be the worst thing in the world. He's our goalie of the future and I think he's at least ready for the back up role.

I would have to guess that Nilsson is worth somewhere around a 2nd to 4th right now..........It would be nice if Benning realized this but yeah I admit not confident in his ability to get something done here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad