Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ 2018 World Championships (Pettersson, Nilsson win GOLD!!!)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Caught parts of the Canada-Russia replay....did Tryamkin even play?....it's always seemed to me that the Russian hockey officials don't think as highly of him as we do in NA. I could easily see him returning when his contract in the KHL is up, or maybe even sooner if they're prepared to release him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Caught parts of the Canada-Russia replay....did Tryamkin even play?....it's always seemed to me that the Russian hockey officials don't think as highly of him as we do in NA. I could easily see him returning when his contract in the KHL is up, or maybe even sooner if they're prepared to release him.
He plays a pretty big role on his club team, no?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
He plays a pretty big role on his club team, no?
Yeah, Tryamkin was Avto's number one defenceman and was named captain part way through the season.

However their assistant GM mentioned Tryamkin's play declined in the new year. Which could partially explain his omission from the Olympic team and limited role at the World Championships.

Reactions: Nucker101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I didn't see him play at all...I wonder if he started sulking,and wanted to pack up and go back to Yakaterabourg.?...lol

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Horvat looks stronger

I am actually quite puzzled at the Canucks fan base and their almost ignoring Bo during the World's. We were able to read everything Pettersson did almost shift by shift short of taking a leak, but the reports on Bo's play have been incredibly sketchy to say the least.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I am actually quite puzzled at the Canucks fan base and their almost ignoring Bo during the World's. We were able to read everything Pettersson did almost shift by shift short of taking a leak, but the reports on Bo's play have been incredibly sketchy to say the least.
Shiny new toy syndrome

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
That may be, but that doesn't make it right. As of the moment he is Vancouver's main man.

Couldn't find the same type of material on Bo... Bo is a bottom line player on Team Canada, Pettersson is a wonderkid on team Sweden. Lots of material on him. Also my system has been screwed the last few days... wanted to post the Dreger interview with him etc.

I do have his updated stats on the main page of the thread along with Tryamkin's, Nilssons etc.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
IMO Nilly would be as good or better than Hellebuyck if put in that same situation right now.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Brock and Elias will have something to say about that.

If Pettersson and Gaudette pay off on their promise would we want to be paying Horvat 6M to be our 3rd line centre? I am VERY curious to see how Horvat falls down the depth chart as our more offensively gifted players rise up it. I'm also curious to see how Horvat copes with becoming more of a role player and not the 'star' of the team. I also think the Canucks will play this season without a 'C' and that Boeser may be the one to wear it next season. I think his emergence changed the game for the team in regard to it's leadership structure going forward.

All of that being said still think Horvat is a great player for the team and an integral piece to build a winner in Vancouver, but his role is going to look much different 2 seasons from now.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Uhhhh... I sure hope you're a GM for another NHL team.

No but Nilly is the same frame, and moves just as well if not better.

Nilly wasn't as bad as this team made him look, and at this particular moment Hellebuyck is not as good as Winnipeg makes him look.

Probably Hellebuyck has more to give but he's not doing anything Nilly can't.

Goalies are undervalued but the pendulum might swing to better returns since a couple of teams really needed goaltending this year and didn't get it so there will be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If Pettersson and Gaudette pay off on their promise would we want to be paying Horvat 6M to be our 3rd line centre? I am VERY curious to see how Horvat falls down the depth chart as our more offensively gifted players rise up it. I'm also curious to see how Horvat copes with becoming more of a role player and not the 'star' of the team. I also think the Canucks will play this season without a 'C' and that Boeser may be the one to wear it next season. I think his emergence changed the game for the team in regard to it's leadership structure going forward.

All of that being said still think Horvat is a great player for the team and an integral piece to build a winner in Vancouver, but his role is going to look much different 2 seasons from now.
Some good points here...I still think its very ambitious to see Gaudette as a 2C..I don't see Horvat falling down any depth chart,he improves his game every year..If Pettersson and Gaudette hit their ceilings though,the Canucks would have an amazing 1-2-3 punch down centre ice...I would be totally delighted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad