Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ 2018 World Championships (Pettersson, Nilsson win GOLD!!!)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think it might have been Harry Neale who said, goaltending isn't the most important thing on your team, until you don't have it....then it's the only thing. Undone by a couple of NHL backups, who in all fairness never seemed to adjust to playing goal on the bigger ice surface. Horvat is a beast....coming out party in this tourney for the future Canucks captain....should be so named at training camp imo.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
Agreed... but Horvat has been the future for a while here but he's potentially the least talented of the three (Pettersson, Gaudette, Horvat). IF he doesn't get the 'C' and is supplanted in 2 seasons as a top 6 winger I really, really wonder how he'll take it especially since he's assumed the 'C' was his. Going to be interesting to watch for sure, here's hoping that best case scenario comes through.

OK, game on folks.

SUI v CAN for a chance at Sweden for gold.

Lets go BO!

I don't think horvat is the least talented of the 3 (I am sure you are referencing "offensively"). Petterson, clearly has off the charts offensive game, but Gaudette while earning the Hobey hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. Horvat has already been an all star, was on pace for 60 pts this year, and continues to improve all facets of his game. He really will be a Bergeron 2.0 so that is an easy 1c or 2c depending on your opponent and what you need from him that night - offense, matchup, faceoffs, etc. Guadette has talent but he's not as well rounded as Bo, and getting even on pace for 60 pts will be no easy feat.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Agreed... but Horvat has been the future for a while here but he's potentially the least talented of the three (Pettersson, Gaudette, Horvat). IF he doesn't get the 'C' and is supplanted in 2 seasons as a top 6 winger I really, really wonder how he'll take it especially since he's assumed the 'C' was his. Going to be interesting to watch for sure, here's hoping that best case scenario comes through.

OK, game on folks.

SUI v CAN for a chance at Sweden for gold.

Lets go BO!
There’s close to zero chance that Gaudette becomes a better player than Horvat
People really underrate Bo, even our own fans

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This is such a dumb post Slavin is an elite top 20 defender in the NHL you make that trade every day of the week.
Chiarelli is that You?
What is dumb is trading your future captain a great guy and a excellent top 2C who can play the role of match up centre for a shut down defenseman. Who the fuk plays centre for us smart guy?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Chiarelli is that You?
What is dumb is trading your future captain a great guy and a excellent top 2C who can play the role of match up centre for a shut down defenseman. Who the fuk plays centre for us smart guy?
What in god’s green earth is this.

This is the opposite of a Peter Chiarelli trade, we’re getting the better player on a better contracts. Slavin is a #1 defender not being willing to trade a #2 centre for him is asinine.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I am actually quite puzzled at the Canucks fan base and their almost ignoring Bo during the World's. We were able to read everything Pettersson did almost shift by shift short of taking a leak, but the reports on Bo's play have been incredibly sketchy to say the least.

We know what we have in Bo, Pettersson is more interesting because he's still a bit of a mystery and this was a good chance to see him.

Reactions: lindgren

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Even in the unlikely event that Gaudette becomes better than Bo, simply move Pettersson to RW. If Pettersson and Boeser are on RW, then move Virtanen to LW.

Dahlen-Gaudette-Pettersson
Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
What in god’s green earth is this.

This is the opposite of a Peter Chiarelli trade, we’re getting the better player on a better contracts. Slavin is a #1 defender not being willing to trade a #2 centre for him is asinine.
Gutting your team at centre ice for an older shut down defender is quite frankly dumb and pointless. oh well whatever makes you happy. Me i'll keep the future captain.

Weird that a top20 defender hasn't been on team USA radar? You must watch a lot of Hurricane games to like this guy so much. Do you have Centre Ice?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Gutting your team at centre ice for an older shut down defender is quite frankly dumb and pointless. oh well whatever makes you happy. Me i'll keep the future captain.

Weird that a top20 defender hasn't been on team USA radar? You must watch a lot of Hurricane games to like this guy so much. Do you have Centre Ice?
Team USA’s radar for what? If you’re talking about the world cup of hockey you’re being insanely dense, considering he had only played 63 games in the league at that point.

Again if you have the ability to acquire a better player on a better contract it absolutely is a trade you make.

I find it appalling that you constantly defend absolutely awful overpaid junk but can’t accurately value a number #1 defender on an excellent contract.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Team USA’s radar for what? If you’re talking about the world cup of hockey you’re being insanely dense, considering he had only played 63 games in the league at that point.

Again if you have the ability to acquire a better player on a better contract it absolutely is a trade you make.

I find it appalling that you constantly defend absolutely awful overpaid junk but can’t accurately value a number #1 defender on an excellent contract.
You mean overrated junk Slavin?

Deleted member 55113

McAvoy only had 63 regulation games in the league and Team USA was interested (81 including playoffs, same as Will Butcher). Hughes has zero. Not sure what # of games have to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 55113

Huh? McAvoy was in college during the world cup...

OK, if you want to use world cup (I was using world championship). Selection happened around September 2016. Gostisbehere had around, what 64 games under his belt by the end of 2015-2016 season, with 6 more playoff games.

Parayko had 79 regular season games and another 20 playoffs by September 2016.

Matthews (granted, different level of player and position) had zero NHL games.

Also, granted this is team North America, but Slavin was under 23 at that time and was eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Vise versa
Can you back your claim up? If you thinks it’s outlandish to trade Horvat for Slavin you’re a disgusting homer, make a poll on the main board and see which player has more value to non homer fans.

If you thinks it’s embarrassing to be an objective fan then that’s your problem, I love Horvat but this fan base thinks he’s Bergeron.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Can you back your claim up? If you thinks it’s outlandish to trade Horvat for Slavin you’re a disgusting homer, make a poll on the main board and see which player has more value to non homer fans.

If you thinks it’s embarrassing to be an objective fan then that’s your problem, I love Horvat but this fan base thinks he’s Bergeron.
No, you think Slavin is a #1
That’s more embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad