Canucks 2017/18 whipping boy will be...

whipping boy will be

• Total voters

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Voted Sutter as he might not play C. Even if he scores 30 goals fans here will still complain because he's not doing it from the C position.

If he scores 30 goals this season I will quit HFBoards for EVER - FACT

Basically it AINT happening bub

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think Sutter is terrible, but that didn't seem to stop people from thinking he was competent last year. I don't see why this year would be any worse for him.

My pick is still Gudbranson. Everybody expects him to return to form this year after the injury, but I think "returning to form" for him still looks pretty bad, personally.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Sitter because he's making 2 million too much for what he's capable of.
Also he twins because ppl will finally realize how bad they are righ now

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Voted Sutter as he might not play C. Even if he scores 30 goals fans here will still complain because he's not doing it from the C position.

No need to resort to zero probability hypotheticals.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Gudbranson by quite a lot for me. Sutter atleast has a good shot and looks semi competent without the puck.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Whipping boys made sense when we were competing to win a cup. Now that the only thing we are competing for is the top draft pick, I think anyone who blows a check or cant skate backwards is an asset.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
For me, Sutter. Largely because he's said things to this point in the game that cause me to dislike him. He's frustrating as all get out to boot, but usually I don't have a problem cheering on a Canuck in spite of that. But Sutter grinds my gears.

I see the Sedins getting flak this year, sadly.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
For me, Sutter. Largely because he's said things to this point in the game that cause me to dislike him. He's frustrating as all get out to boot, but usually I don't have a problem cheering on a Canuck in spite of that. But Sutter grinds my gears.

I see the Sedins getting flak this year, sadly.

Your user name fits awkwardly into it's new home. It's hard to look at you. You've changed man.

You're going to have to use your Mod powers to rectify the situation.

Can you go down one font size? Or how about altering your name:

MrCanucklehead
Mr.Canucklhead
Mr.Canucklehed

Reactions: WTG

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Markstrom. I think he'll play very well until Christmas, then go on an epic losing streak. As the team drops out of playoff contention the graveyard will claim another Canuck starter.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Markstrom. I think he'll play very well until Christmas, then go on an epic losing streak. As the team drops out of playoff contention the graveyard will claim another Canuck starter.

Yeah this team has been a real revolving door of starters with Miller, Luongo and Cloutier making 80% of the starts for the past 15 years or so.

Reactions: Josepho and Jyrki21

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It's Sutter again and why not, he brings fans together. Common ground. I guess you could call him a 'glue guy' in the sense that he unites the fan base against him. I'd say you can look for Del Zotto as a possible dark horse if things get off to a rocky start for him.

Nobody will ever approach Don Cherry though, he really belongs on the wall of fame as the whipping boy.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Based on the training camp thread I’d suggest Gaunce has an inside edge on that role.
You need some basic expectations to be a whipping boy. If Gaunce scores 5 goals on the 4th line he will be loved by all. If Sutter scores 15 goals on the 4th line people will want him bought out. Sutter scored a goal with good tip in he is considered an offensive black hole in that game Guance does not score in a year it is claimed that it is impossible to score playing 9 minutes on the 4th line. Part of the difference is salary but one respected poster claimed Guance is already a better player than Sutter despite never scoring a nhl goal on purpose. Many claim Sutter is a terrible hockey player period he is ovviously this team's whipping boy and it will not change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad