Canucks 2017/18 whipping boy will be...

whipping boy will be

• Total voters

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Not going to do poll this years as there are so many more potential candidates compared to seasons past.

Whether it be a vet not earning his salary or a yungin' unable to take the next step there will be a lot to choose from. Even Markstrom could be whipped and chained if, especially at his age, doesn't grab the reigns and prove that he is truly a #1 now that he's finally been given the job.

My usual suspects are Sutter, Grubrandson (if he lasts the year), Edler's name is always in the ring as well as Doorstop but thats if he doesn't lose his job to an Archibald or whatever. Grandlund will score 23 goals but still manage to be on many posters' list.

My early vote though is a vet who had a rough season last year and will be under massive scrutiny this year... especially with 30 million and 5 years left on his contract. Yes I'm talking about future buy-out fodder Eriksson.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Based on the training camp thread I’d suggest Gaunce has an inside edge on that role.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Vanek when he actually plays well and warrants a 2nd round pick at the deadline but our management fails to gain any rental assets and panics, thinking he's worth a 'young guy ready to compete now' and instead panic trades Brock Boeser for Josh Anderson. Team then goes on to just narrowly miss the playoffs, and we end up picking 12th.

Was that too specific?

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Sutter/Dorsett/Gudbranson/Eriksson(contract purposes) ... pretty much the trash benning has brought in.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
sam gagner and michael del zotto were both signed to multi-year free agent contracts, partially to help the powerplay, and that preseason powerplay was hot garbage

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'll go with Gagner. I think he fails to do much of anything for the PP, as he's not an elite player there and the rest of the personnel are still mediocre or worse, and he'll be close to a liability at eveb strength. People are more likely to turn on a new face after already so many poor deals.

Reactions: clay

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If Eriksson doesn't have a bounce-back year it'll probably be him because he's making so much money.

I think Sutter is immune because a good chunk of the fanbase still thinks he's a foundational™ meat and potatoes™ elite shutdown center.

I could see the Sedins taking some heat from idiots since they're slowing down and becoming less effective.

Reactions: WTG

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The answer is obvious....

Other : Sedins

Who could fathom the day as arrived. Not the OP.
They were getting whipped on in preseason GDT's they weren't even playing in :laugh:

Reactions: WTG

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
If Eriksson doesn't have a bounce-back year it'll probably be him because he's making so much money.

I think Sutter is immune because a good chunk of the fanbase still thinks he's a foundational™ meat and potatoes™ elite shutdown center.

I could see the Sedins taking some heat from idiots since they're slowing down and becoming less effective.

A portion of the fanbase also thinks/thought that Dorsett was an "elite 4th liner". Remember that discussion?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
The answer is obvious....

Other : Sedins

Who could fathom the day as arrived. Not the OP.
They were getting whipped on in preseason GDT's they weren't even playing in :laugh:

Oh shoot! I forgot about them.

Added them.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not sure exactly what whipping boy is but if it means someone wholl suck beyond expectations: Sutter Eriksson Sedins Gudbranson

Basically guys who off our team would make the team better

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Voted Sutter as he might not play C. Even if he scores 30 goals fans here will still complain because he's not doing it from the C position.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I meant to vote for Sutter but for some reason it picked the Sedins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad