Proposal: Canes - Jets - Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Damn, so Laine must not be that great because he has stars on his team.

He doesn't have a Matthew's. Nor does he have an elite center man. You're really striking out here. Laine is a star. That was a terrible example. In no way am I comparing Laine to Nylander. It is 2 different situations.

member 147413

He doesn't have a Matthew's. Not does he have an elite center man. You're really striking out here. Laine is a star. That was a terrible example.
Ehlers with Laine? Connor with Scheifele?

Come on man, I’m just suggesting these arguments against Nylander are stupidly weak.

Laine, Ehlers and Connor are all great players, regardless of who they play with.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets downgrade their D for literally no reason. What?? I get it, Leafs would love Trouba, but at least try.

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Next year isn't cap hell for the Jets, two years from now is. So the Jets might elect to trade cap away this summer in the form of Myers who has only one year left anyways. Trouba is our top pairing RHD and Buff might be our best player this year in the playoffs and great as well. If any RHD get traded it would be Myers IMO. Trouba is untouchable. Jets don't have a big need at LHD anymore, were fine. Last thing we want to do is trade a top pairing RHD like Trouba for a top 4 LHD or a top six winger.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Next year isn't cap hell for the Jets, two years from now is. So the Jets might elect to trade cap away this summer in the form of Myers who has only one year left anyways. Trouba is our top pairing RHD and Buff might be our best player this year in the playoffs and great as well. If any RHD get traded it would be Myers IMO. Trouba is untouchable. Jets don't have a big need at LHD anymore, were fine. Last thing we want to do is trade a top pairing RHD like Trouba for a top 4 LHD or a top six winger.

What would be reasonable for Myers?
With helle, Stastny (probably gone?) morrisey and trouba to sign this year can they even afford that?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Jets add.

Trouba Almighty for Nylander reeks of Larsson for Hall
Nylander has no where near the talent level of Hall
Larsson has no where near the talent level of trouba.
But nice try....nylander is the same as hall...so funny.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nylander has no where near the talent level of Hall
Larsson has no where near the talent level of trouba.

But nice try....nylander is the same as hall...so funny.
That's a cute analysis but, it's easy to say that after Hall's MVP type season this year. But before that when he was a tradeable commodity, he had similar upside to Nylander. And don't kid yourself, Hall is 26. Give a 21 year old multi 60+ pt sophomore 5 years and I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

And you're Trouba Almighty has Larsson all over him. Overhyped like crazy. If he gets traded, I bet that's the type of impact he'll have. Larsson.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
That's a cute analysis but, it's easy to say that after Hall's MVP type season this year. But before that when he was a tradeable commodity, he had similar upside to Nylander. And don't kid yourself, Hall is 26. Give a 21 year old multi 60+ pt sophomore 5 years and I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

And you're Trouba Almighty has Larsson all over him. Overhyped like crazy. If he gets traded, I bet that's the type of impact he'll have. Larsson.

Nylander's 20 & 21 year old season's he scored 61 & 61.
Hall's 20 & 21 year old season's he scored 50 (in 45 during the lockout shortened year) and 80.

Nylander is a great player in his own right, but comparing him to Hall is laughable.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Trouba just has two years before he is UFA, and he seems to want go that route, so the Leafs certainly aren't trading Nylander for that. Leafs could. get more in a trade if needed.
Fact: The Leafs do not have to trade one of their better players for any RHD (it seems to HFBoards obsession)
Due to the Leafs lack of pro depth at centre, Nylander might be needed at centre next year.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nylander's 20 & 21 year old season's he scored 61 & 61.
Hall's 20 & 21 year old season's he scored 50 (in 45 during the lockout shortened year) and 80.

Nylander is a great player in his own right, but comparing him to Hall is laughable.

Yeah, and then after that he started getting roughly back to back to back 60pt seasons til he was traded. Not that laughable in those years when he was older than Nylander.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
How is LHD not a need? All you guys have is Morrissey.
Don't know how they found him (2015- 7th round pick) but Sami Niku looks like an up and coming LH D-man. AHL D-man of the year. AHL 1st All Star Team. AHL All Rookie Team. 2nd highest scoring D-man in the AHL (one point behind the leader). One NHL game to date, one goal. They'll be fine on the left side.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TOR: Trouba, Kruger
CAR: Nylander, Brown, Martin
WPG: Hanifin, CAR 2nd, Nielsen

?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
How many Leafs' games have you watched?
If you even watched 5-10 Leaf games, and, checked ANY STATS at all --- you would see that Nylander could have easily had 70+ points this season.

ALSO --- To all you morons saying that he is a production of Matthews, Matthews was injured for 20+ games, Nylander had about 18 points in ~22-23 games in Matthews absence.

He had such BAD LUCK on the PP. He is one of the NHL's top 5V5 Producers. Go check the stats --- and please do not make up any B.S. like '' oh, it doesn't count because defense men are 10x better than forwards "

And how can you say he is weak defensively? He is actually very good defensively. He is part of the reason why that line WAS A COMBINED +70.
+/- Doesn't mean much, but since you don't watch Leaf games, how can you say he is BAD DEFENSIVELY? He always back-checks and is good defensively.

[MOD]

ALSO --- Nylander is ONLY 21 years old. He would have had 70 points this season if not for terrible PP luck.

I've watched lots of Jets' games, Trouba makes the stupidest plays some times defensively. For you to say Trouba, Haniffin > Nylander is absurd. Trouba IS NOT A #1D ---- his defense is not up to par to be a #1D.
Not disagreeing that he's a good player but woulda, shoulda, coulda and bad luck could have turned around a lot of careers.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah, and then after that he started getting roughly back to back to back 60pt seasons til he was traded. Not that laughable in those years when he was older than Nylander.

Back to back to back 60 point season? When did this happen?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
TOR: Trouba, Kruger
CAR: Nylander, Brown, Martin
WPG: Hanifin, CAR 2nd, Nielsen

?

Hanifin, Car 2nd and something else from the Leafs. Nielsen is no interest to us. Or change it to just Hanifin & something else from Leafs of greater quality then Nielsen

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If it's all the same to Winnipeg I'd rather just do Hanifin+ for Trouba. Then trade one of Faulk/Pesce for an older forward.

Jan 21, 2018
If it's all the same to Winnipeg I'd rather just do Hanifin+ for Trouba. Then trade one of Faulk/Pesce for an older forward.

I believe the Jets want a RHD back for Trouba, but no one that has a good RHD is willing to move them for Trouba, hence the problem. I'm no expert on the Jets but that's just what I've read on these forums so far.

IMO they are better off trading Byfuglien when they come into cap crunch time, he's going to turn into phaneuf sooner or later. Trade him while his value is still high?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I believe the Jets want a RHD back for Trouba, but no one that has a good RHD is willing to move them for Trouba, hence the problem. I'm no expert on the Jets but that's just what I've read on these forums so far.

IMO they are better off trading Byfuglien when they come into cap crunch time, he's going to turn into phaneuf sooner or later. Trade him while his value is still high?

I agree trading Trouba is not ideal from a Jets POV, but I’m just playing along with OP. Ideally we trade Myers and keep Trouba & Buff, Buff likely is our best player this playoff year and he was very good regular season. No interest in trading Buff.

This summer cap isn’t a problem, the following summer becomes a problem.

If forced to trade Trouba, we won’t get a clone Trouba back to your point. But we could get a good rhd prospect and/or a package with a good rhd back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad