Proposal: Canes - Jets - Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
this year he was so so but he was thrust in the 1c role kinda hard to do, with sheltered minutes at c he looked great, was amazing at ahl and at wc was great too. ill take the the larger sample size then the small one.
He never looked great at C for any extended time. He was lost in coverage and didn't process the game well.

Can he be a C in the future? perhaps but he hasn't been at the NHL level at all.

Reactions: Snowman

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He never looked great at C for any extended time. He was lost in coverage and didn't process the game well.

Can he be a C in the future? perhaps but he hasn't been at the NHL level at all.
Thats just false, he won mvp playing mostly C... and nylander at C is actually far better with his coverages, nylander at wing loses his man but at C he breaks up so many plays its crazy, idk what games you have been watching, its well known that nylander plays a lot better at C then W.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
While I agree Hall is on a different tier than Nylander, Hall took four years to put up an 80 point season. Nylander's first two seasons were better than Hall's (albeit he didn't play full seasons). At worst you're looking at similar production first two years. Is it really that hard to believe Nylander might put up an 80 point season in 2019-2020?

The only thing laughable is your lack of knowledge on player development.
You are comparing Hall at age 18 and 19 to Nylander at age 20 and 21? You really shouldn’t chirp people about player development when you clearly don’t know shit about it yourself :laugh:

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
If Trouba would sign an extension, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Trouba is the best player here so I imagine Winnipeg would need a small add.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Trouba would sign an extension, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Trouba is the best player here so I imagine Winnipeg would need a small add.

But as I think all Jets fans have stated we wouldn’t do that trade. Trading Trouba cripples our rhd.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He played about 15-20 games at center in the stint he had prior to his rookie year as well, he played mostly center for team sweden wc where he won the mvp(backstrom came late unto the team and played 1c when he came)
70 plus games at center in the ahl where he was a ppg player.

Literally the only reason Nylander isnt a center on the leafs is cause of the center depth, if leafs hadnt drafted matthews he would be a center for us. The chance he doent stick to center is only if leafs continue to have great center depth and he can be used as a winger/ center when the need him. Otherwise id bet money hes a center.

I watch the Leafs a lot as they are my 2nd team. He "may" be center, but for you to say he most likely will is being optimistic. I'm not saying he won't be a center, but there's just as good of a chance he won't be. Sebastian Aho has been a center for the end of this season and looked good, but frankly, I don't want the Canes forcing him here since he's so good on wing. Sames go for Nylander.

That's the point. He "may" be a center going forward, but you can't assume he WILL be one either.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Ok then. We replace Hanafan with Faulk.

If Trouba is being traded in a three way trade like OP says Trouba is the best piece....we need more then Hanifin back, we also need a good rhd prospect. It would change the whole deal.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
If Trouba is being traded in a three way trade like OP says Trouba is the best piece....we need more then Hanifin back, we also need a good rhd prospect. It would change the whole deal.

60 point scorers do not command that in the current market. Sorry you overvalue him but no.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
60 point scorers do not command that in the current market. Sorry you overvalue him but no.

Ok cool, we have zero interest in trading our top pairing young rhd as stated multi times.....we want to sign long term.

If you don’t want to pay for a young top pairing rhd I get that, we can trade you a slightly older top 4 rhd in Myers at a lesser cost.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Ok cool, we have zero interest in trading our top pairing young rhd as stated multi times.....we want to sign long term.

If you don’t want to pay for a young top pairing rhd I get that, we can trade you a slightly older top 4 rhd in Myers at a lesser cost.

Canes don't need Trouba. I am referring to the over rating of this Nylander fella.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Canes don't need Trouba. I am referring to the over rating of this Nylander fella.

I have no interest as a Jets fan in Nylander as a return for Trouba unless it was Nylander & Dermott for Trouba. We have no need for more wingers. I would also do Hanifin & Dermott for Trouba. But neither Hanifin or Nylander return Trouba straight up

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I watch the Leafs a lot as they are my 2nd team. He "may" be center, but for you to say he most likely will is being optimistic. I'm not saying he won't be a center, but there's just as good of a chance he won't be. Sebastian Aho has been a center for the end of this season and looked good, but frankly, I don't want the Canes forcing him here since he's so good on wing. Sames go for Nylander.

That's the point. He "may" be a center going forward, but you can't assume he WILL be one either.
already shut down other canes fan(in another topic), this year nylander took 650 face offs aho took 172
nylander was 51% and aho was 45%, if aho has a future at center should tell you that nylander is far ahead in that regard. its not even being optimistic for nylander, it would be pessimistic to say he wouldnt.

Reactions: hector morrison

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
already shut down other canes fan(in another topic), this year nylander took 650 face offs aho took 172
nylander was 51% and aho was 45%, if aho has a future at center should tell you that nylander is far ahead in that regard. its not even being optimistic for nylander, it would be pessimistic to say he wouldnt.

What? That's a terrible argument. Many times a guy on the wing takes face-offs. For example: Elias Lindholm, who played mostly winger for Carolina, took 793 faceoffs this year and won 54.5% of them as primarily as a winger. I'm sorry, but your post isn't justification at all, as I've just shown.

Again, Nylander MAY play center down the road and he may not, but until he does, it's silly for you to assume he's a center. Really not that complicated.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What? That's a terrible argument. Many times a guy on the wing takes face-offs. For example: Elias Lindholm, who played mostly winger for Carolina, took 793 faceoffs this year and won 54.5% of them as primarily as a winger. I'm sorry, but your post isn't justification at all, as I've just shown.

Again, Nylander MAY play center down the road and he may not, but until he does, it's silly for you to assume he's a center. Really not that complicated.

Draisaitl also takes most of the faceoffs when he plays with McDavid.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Is Trouba the one who wants to leave the Jets? If so, Jets are at a disadvantage in any deal! Been watchin ' him, not overly impressed! It's a good thing Jets don't need Willy,I certainly wouldn't do a straight up swap at this time in the Leafs progress schedule.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

not a bad argument at all, if you play center like nylander did for a stretch you will take a lot of faceoffs, aho taking hardly any faceoffs is an indicator that he didnt play much center this year. lindholm is listed as a center... so if he isnt one its pretty crazy to take almost 80o draws and not be a center.

nylander playing center at every stage of his career+ having success is a good indicator he will be a center,
having matthews, kadri, bozak down the middle means he gets pushed to wing. Most teams dont have center depth like that.

also never said he was a center said hes likely to be one re read all my posts, never once claimed nylander is a guaranteed center just a lot would go wrong for him to not be smh.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
not a bad argument at all, if you play center like nylander did for a stretch you will take a lot of faceoffs, aho taking hardly any faceoffs is an indicator that he didnt play much center this year. lindholm is listed as a center... so if he isnt one its pretty crazy to take almost 80o draws and not be a center.

See, it that's why it IS a bad argument. Lindholm WAS predominantly a RW but took faceoffs.. And I watched a lot of the Leafs as they are my 2nd team, and Nylander took faceoffs as a winger. So number of faceoffs does NOT equal playing center so your argument is very flawed. Accept it. The fact that you don't recognize this makes me think you haven't watched much of him .

nylander playing center at every stage of his career+ having success is a good indicator he will be a center,
having matthews, kadri, bozak down the middle means he gets pushed to wing. Most teams dont have center depth like that.

Maybe. And if he does, that's fine, but you can't guarantee he will play C.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
See, it that's why it IS a bad argument. Lindholm WAS predominantly a RW but took faceoffs.. And I watched a lot of the Leafs as they are my 2nd team, and Nylander took faceoffs as a winger. So number of faceoffs does NOT equal playing center so your argument is very flawed. Accept it.

Maybe. And if he does, that's fine, but you can't guarantee he will play C.
yeah but nylander also played a 15 game stretch at center alongside to taking winger draws smh..

READ any of my posts in this thread you keep assuming i said nylander is guaranteed to be a center i said hes FAR likely to be smh, please learn to read. wasted of my time.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
yeah but nylander also played a 15 game stretch at center alongside to taking winger draws smh..

READ any of my posts in this thread you keep assuming i said nylander is guaranteed to be a center i said hes FAR likely to be smh, please learn to read. wasted of my time.
Drouin played a similar amount of C as Nylander. Do you think he is FAR likely to be a C too?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

LOL. Give me a break with your SMH and learn to read. Very childish.

This all started with you saying we can't rule out Nylander being a Center and I said we can't rule it in. That's it, so learn to read yourself. A very reasonable statement, especially given the information I provided.

I get it, you tried to provide information to support that statement and it was debunked, but no need to be childish.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
LOL. Give me a break with your SMH and learn to read. Very childish.

This all started with you saying we can't rule out Nylander being a Center and I said we can't rule it in. That's it, so learn to read yourselft. A very reasonable statement, especially given the information I provided.

I get it, you tried to provide information to support that statement and it was debunked, but no need to be childish.
im not being childish, you said at least on 2 different occasions how i said nylander was guaranteed to be a center which i never did. you are misquoting and lying. and you didnt debunk crap, nylander still played center whereas like you said lindholm didnt, so his faceoffs dont matter, nylander both played center AND took winger draws.

like i have always said a lot would go wrong for nylander not to be a center, i dont care what teams, how much you watch them your simply wrong. statistically speaking, from the eye test from interviews etc...

Babcock said he gave Nylander a choice to play wing or centre & William chose the middle

Mike: "I thought he did good ... I thought he skated real good ... he wasn't involved in anything negative"
William Nylander impresses Mike Babcock with play at center

Babcock: I think he is on track. I thought he played one of his best games in our lineup at center. Head-to-head against Malkin, I thought he did a great job last game. He had the great tip and could’ve scored easily. I don’t think Willy is off it at all. I actually think he’s playing really well.
Mike Babcock on William Nylander: "I thought he played one of his best games in our lineup at center head-to-head against Malkin" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad