Proposal: Canes - Jets - Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
That's a cute analysis but, it's easy to say that after Hall's MVP type season this year. But before that when he was a tradeable commodity, he had similar upside to Nylander. And don't kid yourself, Hall is 26. Give a 21 year old multi 60+ pt sophomore 5 years and I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

And you're Trouba Almighty has Larsson all over him. Overhyped like crazy. If he gets traded, I bet that's the type of impact he'll have. Larsson.

Hall had an 80+ point season before being traded. Nylander no have 80+ point season. Laughable argument.

Reactions: Snowman

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hanifin, Car 2nd and something else from the Leafs. Nielsen is no interest to us. Or change it to just Hanifin & something else from Leafs of greater quality then Nielsen

Anything in mind? We don't have any centre prospects to spare. Nielsen is a LHD prospect so I figured maybe some interest in there. Middleton?

Jan 21, 2018
Hall had an 80+ point season before being traded. Nylander no have 80+ point season. Laughable argument.

While I agree Hall is on a different tier than Nylander, Hall took four years to put up an 80 point season. Nylander's first two seasons were better than Hall's (albeit he didn't play full seasons). At worst you're looking at similar production first two years. Is it really that hard to believe Nylander might put up an 80 point season in 2019-2020?

The only thing laughable is your lack of knowledge on player development.

Reactions: Atomos2

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Anything in mind? We don't have any centre prospects to spare. Nielsen is a LHD prospect so I figured maybe some interest in there. Middleton?

Don’t get excited by this comment which is purely hypothetical. Dermott & Hanifin for Trouba + would be interesting. Without Dermott I don’t see any D realistically you would trade that we would want.

Failing that our only slight interest might be a young 3C, but as per above you have none to spare.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While I agree Hall is on a different tier than Nylander, Hall took four years to put up an 80 point season. Nylander's first two seasons were better than Hall's (albeit he didn't play full seasons)

It's fair to note though, that Hall went right to the NHL after being drafted, Nylander did not so you statement above is a bit misleading. After being drafted, Nylander spent 2 years in SWE/AHL before becoming a full time NHLr. At that same point in their careers, Hall was putting up 50 in 45 games (lockout season) and 80 in 75 games. So if you look at it that way, 4 years post draft, Hall put up 80 points and Nylander put up 61.

Hall struggled for the next couple of seasons though, partly on him and partly on being on terrible teams, but is now hitting his potential.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
It's fair to note though, that Hall went right to the NHL after being drafted, Nylander did not so you statement above is a bit misleading. After being drafted, Nylander spent 2 years in SWE/AHL before becoming a full time NHLr. At that same point in their careers, Hall was putting up 50 in 45 games (lockout season) and 80 in 75 games. So if you look at it that way, 4 years post draft, Hall put up 80 points and Nylander put up 61.

Hall struggled for the next couple of seasons though, partly on him and partly on being on terrible teams, but is now hitting his potential.

That was what I was getting at.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hall had 80pts, then he regressed, then he exploded to superstar status. Here’s hoping Nylander has a smoother transition. Not hard to think Nylander can put up at least one 80 pt season in the next 5 years, but you can believe what you want.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I don't like Nylander being treated as only a winger but he's not a full time center either. Played 15 or so games at center this year can't rule that out smh.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't like Nylander being treated as only a winger but he's not a full time center either. Played 15 or so games at center this year can't rule that out smh.

You can't rule it out, but you can't rule it in either. The only thing we know is that he's spent the vast majority of his short NHL career at wing.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
That's a cute analysis but, it's easy to say that after Hall's MVP type season this year. But before that when he was a tradeable commodity, he had similar upside to Nylander. And don't kid yourself, Hall is 26. Give a 21 year old multi 60+ pt sophomore 5 years and I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

And you're Trouba Almighty has Larsson all over him. Overhyped like crazy. If he gets traded, I bet that's the type of impact he'll have. Larsson.
Hilarious. Nylander is no where near Hall value. You should have gone with the...if he had any luck he would have had 80...wait 90 points this year story. You obviously only watch the leafs cause trouba is the same as Larsson? Your lack of knowledge jumps out at those kind of comment. Why have you even entertained the idea of the leafs getting trouba if he is that bad? Just say don't want him. You would learn what a real #1 d man looks like....vut will never happen for b type prospects.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
TOR: Trouba, Kruger
CAR: Nylander, Brown, Martin
WPG: Hanifin, CAR 2nd, Nielsen

?
I'd be totally surprised if Trouba signs with any Canadien team, Especially with his Australian girlfriend going to college here in Florida. If any thing i think he signs a 2 year deal this summer with Winnipeg. And becomes a pending UFA in 2020 and then signs with an American team. Carloina might be a good place for Trouba something around Hanifin+ for an extended Trouba might work.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hilarious. Nylander is no where near Hall value. You should have gone with the...if he had any luck he would have had 80...wait 90 points this year story. You obviously only watch the leafs cause trouba is the same as Larsson? Your lack of knowledge jumps out at those kind of comment. Why have you even entertained the idea of the leafs getting trouba if he is that bad? Just say don't want him. You would learn what a real #1 d man looks like....vut will never happen for b type prospects.

Lol I've never entertained the idea of getting Trouba Almighty. Ask any jets fan and they'd tell you the same. Well maybe for Kapanen and a second.

As for Nylander and Hall, you realize we're talking about the value Hall had when he was traded. Not a 90+ point 26 year old player but a 60 pt 24 year old player. The fact that you'd think Hall would get traded for Larsson now is whats hilarious. Think before responding because your lack of thorough reading jumps out at those kind of comments.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
You can't rule it out, but you can't rule it in either. The only thing we know is that he's spent the vast majority of his short NHL career at wing.
He played about 15-20 games at center in the stint he had prior to his rookie year as well, he played mostly center for team sweden wc where he won the mvp(backstrom came late unto the team and played 1c when he came)
70 plus games at center in the ahl where he was a ppg player.

Literally the only reason Nylander isnt a center on the leafs is cause of the center depth, if leafs hadnt drafted matthews he would be a center for us. The chance he doent stick to center is only if leafs continue to have great center depth and he can be used as a winger/ center when the need him. Otherwise id bet money hes a center.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Lol I've never entertained the idea of getting Trouba Almighty. Ask any jets fan and they'd tell you the same. Well maybe for Kapanen and a second.

As for Nylander and Hall, you realize we're talking about the value Hall had when he was traded. Not a 90+ point 26 year old player but a 60 pt 24 year old player. The fact that you'd think Hall would get traded for Larsson now is whats hilarious. Think before responding because your lack of thorough reading jumps out at those kind of comments.
You really have to keep your stories straight....i have never wanted this player.....then...well for these player I want him.....nylander has had 2 60 point seasons....well not really 60 points....i was rounding up....we are not comparing nylander to Hall this year....but when in that streak of 4 games when he was in a slump... wait we are comparing 21 year old nylander to 14 year old hall.... what a clown. You really have to keep your story straight. The point is nylander has never and will never have the value Hall has had at any point in his career. Hall is by far superior in every way and will always be

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You really have to keep your stories straight....i have never wanted this player.....then...well for these player I want him.....nylander has had 2 60 point seasons....well not really 60 points....i was rounding up....we are not comparing nylander to Hall this year....but when in that streak of 4 games when he was in a slump... wait we are comparing 21 year old nylander to 14 year old hall.... what a clown. You really have to keep your story straight. The point is nylander has never and will never have the value Hall has had at any point in his career. Hall is by far superior in every way and will always be
Lol, even you don't believe what you're saying.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Lol, even you don't believe what you're saying.
You must be a weak weak person if your best response is that...but when you have no basis to make a response you have to type something. You must live a sad sheltered life.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Played it but not well. Has a long way to go to be a true C.
this year he was so so but he was thrust in the 1c role kinda hard to do, with sheltered minutes at c he looked great, was amazing at ahl and at wc was great too. ill take the the larger sample size then the small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad