GDT: Canada Vs USA pre tournament GDT 12noon ET

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Again it has nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with a program on Canada's success. There is zero reason with the talent we have and past history to think we can't win every game we play and every WJHC tournament we enter.

It is the opposite of insecurity, you trying to spin it there is silly and maybe speaks more about you than anything. I would expect the same feelings from Russian fans when they are in the tournament, New Zealand teams in rugby, US basketball teams internationally etc. Top teams should always expect to win.
This aged well

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Always embarrassing for Canada to lose even in a pre-tournament game, especially to garbage like the US.
This post aged well.

That "garbage" US team went undefeated in the tournament. The program now has 5 golds in the last 15 years.
Hopefully they get it out of their system now and bring it in the real tournament.
Narrator: they did not bring it.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
This post aged well.

That "garbage" US team went undefeated in the tournament. The program now has 5 golds in the last 15 years.

Narrator: they did not bring it.

It did age fine the US were far from impressive this tournament and went undefeated solely to the best team missing 6 players that would have been better than any US player at the tournament.

Congrats on the win but funny to see US fans think this is some great accomplishment and ignoring why they were able to "win"

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
It did age fine the US were far from impressive this tournament and went undefeated solely to the best team missing 6 players that would have been better than any US player at the tournament.

Congrats on the win but funny to see US fans think this is some great accomplishment and ignoring why they were able to "win"
Canadians are a special breed. Must be frustrating to see the US catching up in hockey. If you guys don’t have that, what will you have?

YOU DIDNT EVEN MEDAL. Take the L and prepare for the same thing next Holiday season. US Hockey is here to stay

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Yeah, they only went undefeated. Completely unimpressive.

Nice set of excuses though, must help you cope with reality.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Canadians are a special breed. Must be frustrating to see the US catching up in hockey. If you guys don’t have that, what will you have?

YOU DIDNT EVEN MEDAL. Take the L and prepare for the same thing next Holiday season. US Hockey is here to stay

Except you aren't catching up that is the whole point. Canada just won the last two gold medals, you finally won now that we don't have our top players. That isn't an excuse that is fact.

IF you want to talk about catching up while ignoring the players we are missing that shows you don't want a real discussion and are clueless as f***.

Yeah, they only went undefeated. Completely unimpressive.

Nice set of excuses though, must help you cope with reality.

There is no excuses just facts. I have repeatedly said we should still have won despite missing players, but to ignore the fact we had 6 players out better than any player the US has is silly, Doesn't change that the US won but explains why they did.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Except you aren't catching up that is the whole point. Canada just won the last two gold medals, you finally won now that we don't have our top players. That isn't an excuse that is fact.

IF you want to talk about catching up while ignoring the players we are missing that shows you don't want a real discussion and are clueless as f***.

There is no excuses just facts. I have repeatedly said we should still have won despite missing players, but to ignore the fact we had 6 players out better than any player the US has is silly, Doesn't change that the US won but explains why they did.

Give it a rest.

If there’s one thing I like about hockey it’s that you can’t be definitive based on the rosters on paper.

Otherwise, Canada and Manny Legace never would have beaten Forsberg and Naslund back in 1993.

They had 55 points between them while no other player had 15 points in the tournament.

Still ended up with the silver.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
There is no excuses just facts. I have repeatedly said we should still have won despite missing players, but to ignore the fact we had 6 players out better than any player the US has is silly, Doesn't change that the US won but explains why they did
The US won because they were the best team in the tournament.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Love this annual discussion. I absolutely believe Canada is the best hockey country in the world. Yes, in a best on best, they’d be the favorites. But they wouldn’t win every time. You never know when we’d steal one. we’re catching up and closing the gap.

This year? They would’ve been the favorite but I don’t think they’d be miles ahead of us and I wouldnt have been shocked if we won.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

I hope all those tears don’t make your poutine too salty

It’s be one thing if Canada even made the medal round. Or beat the US head to head. But they didn’t do either

Reactions: Bixby Snyder

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC

He doesn’t represent us

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com

USA already beat Canada in a best on best U20 in 2013, our college boys beat your NHLers 5-1 in the semi-final and went on to win gold while Canada went home empty-handed just like this year. :laugh:

That was 10 years ago and the USA has only gotten stronger since.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
USA already beat Canada in a best on best U20 in 2013, our college boys beat your NHLers 5-1 in the semi-final and went on to win gold while Canada went home empty-handed just like this year. :laugh:

That was 10 years ago and the USA has only gotten stronger since.

LOL one time with one of our weakest squads, funny how much the US relies on that one year and ignore the multiple times they do nothing. How about the last couple of best on best tournaments how did you guys do then?

Or are you going ignore that to go back 30 years to count when you fluked out another result?

I hope all those tears don’t make your poutine too salty

It’s be one thing if Canada even made the medal round. Or beat the US head to head. But they didn’t do either

No tears, just frustration because unless soft cock US fans I have expectations for my country because we actually have standards.

Give it a rest.

If there’s one thing I like about hockey it’s that you can’t be definitive based on the rosters on paper.

Otherwise, Canada and Manny Legace never would have beaten Forsberg and Naslund back in 1993.

They had 55 points between them while no other player had 15 points in the tournament.

Still ended up with the silver.

The is no reason to give anything a rest.

Especially when pathetic losers like these guys can't handle the truth.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Canada wins best on bests except when they don’t and also won the most recent with nhl players which was a decade ago. Congrats MM.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00