GDT: Canada Vs USA pre tournament GDT 12noon ET

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I thought that too before I watched that game. Canada is missing its #1 d man and once they got going this big bodied team really took it to the USA. They look, bigger faster and heavier. Thats the type of hockey that wins when it counts. Pleasantly surprised and really like the team canada built. Canada has way less time together than this USA team they should have more room for growth as they haven't played together nearly as much.

Should.be a great tournament. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sweden, Canada or USA won.
No would agree with me but this team would be favorite on NHL size ice.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I will definitely care if the US wins or loses. It’s my favorite sporting event of the year. And, as mentioned, about 20 other guys on here will also care. But I don’t think Canada fans understand the apathy that exists here. I watched the game yesterday on replay rather than on Saturday live. There was never one moment that I worried about turning in the tv / radio and getting it spoiled by hearing the result. It just doesn’t get talked about here. Nobody knows it’s going on.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sore loser because I expect my country to win every game?

We gave high standards in Canada as we should sorry if tgat is hard for lesser hockey nations tgat don’t understand winning to handle.
I'm not sure if that makes you a sore loser, or just a person who doesn't understand hockey. Based on your posts, I'd wager it's the latter.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I'm not sure if that makes you a sore loser, or just a person who doesn't understand hockey. Based on your posts, I'd wager it's the latter.

Canada wins the vast majority of their games at the WJHC it isn’t unreasonable at all to expect them to win them all.

If you don’t u set stand that not only do you not understand hockey but are incapable of looking at the history of the tournament.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Canada wins the vast majority of their games at the WJHC it isn’t unreasonable at all to expect them to win them all.

If you don’t u set stand that not only do you not understand hockey but are incapable of looking at the history of the tournament.
They do not win a vast majority of their games vs teams like USA, so obviously expecting them to win them all is incredibly stupid.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
They do not win a vast majority of their games vs teams like USA, so obviously expecting them to win them all is incredibly stupid.

They win a vast majority of their games against everyone.

Again having high standards when you are a top program should be the norm. Given the program you support and the lack of success or excellence I understand why you don’t get this.

Reactions: deleted user

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
They win a vast majority of their games against everyone.
No, they really don't. Especially when the games matter most. USA is 4-0 in gold medal games vs Canada since 2004. The last time Canada beat the US in a final, Connor McDavid was still a week from being born.

Again having high standards when you are a top program should be the norm.
There is a difference between having high standards and having unrealistic standards. Expecting Canada to beat the US every game is stupidly unrealistic.

Given the program you support and the lack of success or excellence I understand why you don’t get this.
A comment like this just further exemplifies your ignorance of the sport and of this tournament.

The US has won gold in 4 of the last 14 tournaments, without the added benefit of hosting 8 of those years.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The only country this is true for is Russia/USSR, who Canada has their worst record against, with 21 wins, 20 losses, and 2 ties.

Against Sweden 25-10-1
Against USA 38-16-3
Against Finland 26-9-6
Against the Czech Republic 21-2-2
Yeah I didn't think that guy was setting his expectations based on games played before anyone on the active rosters was born, but to each his own.

Reactions: Mathieukferland

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
No, they really don't. Especially when the games matter most. USA is 4-0 in gold medal games vs Canada since 2004. The last time Canada beat the US in a final, Connor McDavid was still a week from being born.

There is a difference between having high standards and having unrealistic standards. Expecting Canada to beat the US every game is stupidly unrealistic.

A comment like this just further exemplifies your ignorance of the sport and of this tournament.

The US has won gold in 4 of the last 14 tournaments, without the added benefit of hosting 8 of those years.

That is finals and as I said it’s embarrassing for Canada. Overall look at Canada’s record it’s insane. They win the vast majority. There isn’t a single game tgey should ever not expect to win.

As for 4 titles in 14 years big whoop. We win 5 in a row multiple times. It’s cute you think that 4 in 14 is great.

And you can host as much as you want if we get to have our full strength team every year. Won’t end up good for you.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That is finals
USA has won 4 of their last 6 meetings...

and as I said it’s embarrassing for Canada. Overall look at Canada’s record it’s insane. They win the vast majority. There isn’t a single game tgey should ever not expect to win.
USA - Canada games have essentially been a coinflip over the last 15 years, you shouldn't feel embarrassed losing to a world class program.

As for 4 titles in 14 years big whoop. We win 5 in a row multiple times. It’s cute you think that 4 in 14 is great.
Canada has 1 more gold in the span. These are incredibly comparable programs, both world class.

And you can host as much as you want if we get to have our full strength team every year. Won’t end up good for you.
Like in 2013 right? Oh wait.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
USA has won 4 of their last 6 meetings...

So if you cherry pick a small sample size of games it still doesn't show anything but that the US can win games. It doesn't have anything to do with Canada still should expect to win every game it plays in the WJHC. There isn't a game they go into that they can't win, shouldn't win or are so outmatched that we should just give up before it starts.

USA - Canada games have essentially been a coinflip over the last 15 years, you shouldn't feel embarrassed losing to a world class program.

LOL world class program.

Canada has 1 more gold in the span. These are incredibly comparable programs, both world class.

Yes we have done better in the cherry picked time frame which suits your argument best. You have to artificially choose to use 14 years to make the argument suit you best and you still can't make it better. The fact that during our worst run and your best we still outperform you says it all. And that doesn't even take into account all the other factors.

Like in 2013 right? Oh wait.

Yes one year, I am sure that would be negate the chance to have guys like Bedard and McDavid for 2 more years. Have MacKinnon for two years at his best etc.

But as usual if you squeeze the numbers hard enough and cherry pick the dates you can kind of try to make it look like Canada aren't amazingly dominant just kind of dominant.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
We can be kind and say the US only became competitive recently so if we go back 20 years (also a nice even number people often use to define a time period) when the US won its first medal the count is US- 5 Canada- 10.

Ok that is harsh because the US was trying to still build its program after that first win so 10 is a nice round number in the past 10 years US- 2, Canada- 5.

I see why you wanted to use the random number of 14 because it is the only way you can kind of try to make it look closer than it actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So if you cherry pick a small sample size of games it still doesn't show anything but that the US can win games. It doesn't have anything to do with Canada still should expect to win every game it plays in the WJHC. There isn't a game they go into that they can't win, shouldn't win or are so outmatched that we should just give up before it starts.
Who said that Canada should just give up before the game even starts?

LOL world class program.
Little brother syndrome?

But as usual if you squeeze the numbers hard enough and cherry pick the dates you can kind of try to make it look like Canada aren't amazingly dominant just kind of dominant.

They were amazingly dominant, until the 2010s, where they only won 2 golds and had several disappointing early exits. They've had a nice start to the 2020s, aided by having an unprecedented 3 straight home tournaments.

We can be kind and say the US only became competitive recently so if we go back 20 years (also a nice even number people often use to define a time period) when the US won its first medal the count is US- 5 Canada- 10.

Ok that is harsh because the US was trying to still build its program after that first win so 10 is a nice round number in the past 10 years US- 2, Canada- 5.

I see why you wanted to use the random number of 14 because it is the only way you can kind of try to make it look closer than it actually is.

If only they didn't have a losing record against the US in that span.

Anyways, it's pretty clear that you're trolling so I think I'm done. There are so many great Canadian posters on these threads that deserve the air time. Good luck in the next two weeks.

Reactions: avsfan09

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Who said that Canada should just give up before the game even starts?

Little brother syndrome?

They were amazingly dominant, until the 2010s, where they only won 2 golds and had several disappointing early exits. They've had a nice start to the 2020s, aided by having an unprecedented 3 straight home tournaments.

If only they didn't have a losing record against the US in that span.

Anyways, it's pretty clear that you're trolling so I think I'm done. There are so many great Canadian posters on these threads that deserve the air time. Good luck in the next two weeks.

I said we should win every game and you took issue with it. As o have repeatedly pointed out and you have failed to argue against there is no game at the WJHC that Canada shouldn’t feel it should win. If we don’t think we can win that is giving up before the game starts. No reason for Canada to do that.

Yes I think US fans have little brother syndrome. It’s why they pump up the few times they fluke out a win and downplay the many, many losses.

They are “aided” by constantly having the most talented even when also missing by far the most talent as well.

Why would anyone care if they gave a losing record when they are doubling them up in Golds? Does Sweden celebrate its round robin undefeated streak over winning gold medals?

LOL trolling by pointing out facts that blow your “argument” out of the water. I would run away if I were you as well.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I said we should win every game and you took issue with it. As o have repeatedly pointed out and you have failed to argue against there is no game at the WJHC that Canada shouldn’t feel it should win. If we don’t think we can win that is giving up before the game starts. No reason for Canada to do that.

Yes I think US fans have little brother syndrome. It’s why they pump up the few times they fluke out a win and downplay the many, many losses.

They are “aided” by constantly having the most talented even when also missing by far the most talent as well.

Why would anyone care if they gave a losing record when they are doubling them up in Golds? Does Sweden celebrate its round robin undefeated streak over winning gold medals?

LOL trolling by pointing out facts that blow your “argument” out of the water. I would run away if I were you as well.
He’s a good poster I think you’re taking issue with him for the wrong reasons. The states I think have clearly become the second best programme in the world in the “NTDP Era” at producing players and getting results on the international stage, and I think that’s why they feel more confident and like they are a worthy opponent to anyone including Canada. That being said, in the NTDP era Canada is still more successful, so I think both points are valid that Canada should expect to win every game, and that the USA has created a “world class” I think were the words he used programme

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Man your posts REAK of insecurity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad