GDT: Canada Vs USA pre tournament GDT 12noon ET

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
As always should be a an intriguing match up!
As a Jets fan so I am courteous to see how McGroaty plays as Captain.
Also look forward to seeing Savoie, Geekie play!

Go Canada Go!:nod:

1703345078533.gif

Reactions: Buffdog and jj cale

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
We really gonna act like Rousseau is dog shit because of one game now. Supposedly the other two goalies are splitting this and Rousseau is getting Boxing Day against the Finns.
Slightly sarcastic but there were some worrying tendencies I saw from a mechincal point of view. He stands so far back in his crease for a smaller goaltender, and his back to front push from the left post caused him to slip twice yesterday

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Slightly sarcastic but there were some worrying tendencies I saw from a mechincal point of view. He stands so far back in his crease for a smaller goaltender, and his back to front push from the left post caused him to slip twice yesterday
Yeah I mean that is fair, I also don't think that game is really indicative of what his game actually is when he is on his game. There were a number of players that looked a little off yesterday.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I really don't think this early matchup is going to flatter Canada but hopefully playing tbe U.S brings out more of the best in them and they build on that. You tend to learn more in losing then winning early on in a short tournament.
exactly this.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
US should have more familiarity at this point and that gives then the edge here.
That will help and surely the firepower that they are bringing here to go with that makes them pretty damn tough to beat and more so at this point, this is also a veteran team as far as returnees go and that means so much at the WJC. Talent plus experience makes this U.S team a juggernaut this year.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That will help and surely the firepower that they are bringing here to go with that makes them pretty damn tough to beat and more so at this point, this is also a veteran team as far as returnees go and that means so much at the WJC. Talent plus experience makes this U.S team a juggernaut this year.
Their defense is pretty bad though

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Camuck goalie looked like he lost his net there. I think that's a problem with going to big ice from small ice.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad