GDT: Canada Vs USA pre tournament GDT 12noon ET

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Except that's literally how the US looks at itself. Every time they win a tournament their media always dubs it "The Next Miracle on Ice". And when they lose, the act like the tournament doesn't exist and that nobody cares about a bunch of teenagers, anyway.
If USA wins, nobody in the country will care outside of a dozen or so posters on this website. It’s just not a popular thing in this country. I wish it were but it’s not. College football bowl games get far more attention as far as youth sports right now.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Always embarrassing for Canada to lose even in a pre-tournament game, especially to garbage like the US.

Hopefully they get it out of their system now and bring it in the real tournament.

LOL

This is such BS.

The reality is the US love to pretend they don't care that way when they lose they just blame it on them not caring, No need to talk about when they win since it happens so rarely hard to know what happens then,

this is....something. hang it in the louvre

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Celebrini might just be the most well-rounded top prospect I’ve ever seen. He has the obvious dynamic offensive game and skating ability you expect from a probable 1OA, but his defensive game and physical play are so far advanced for someone his age. His hockey IQ is through the roof. He’s definitely going to be the type of player that you win multiple cups with.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Always embarrassing for Canada to lose even in a pre-tournament game, especially to garbage like the US.
You'll be soiling yourself if Canada manages to win Gold.

I'll be sending you these, as a gesture of good sportsmanship in that unlikely event. Please provide the PO Box for your igloo.

1703397643770.png

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
You'll be soiling yourself if Canada manages to win Gold.

I'll be sending you these, as a gesture of good sportsmanship in that unlikely event. Please provide the PO Box for your igloo.

Nope, I will be happy but considering how many times I have celebrated Canadian wins I am familiar with how to react to those frequent victories.

Reactions: nucks88

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Quinn Finley and Lane Hudson should be a very fun duo. I think team USA has a better shot at gold than this team Canada

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
I mean if he just uses the boards or flips it in the air then it doesn’t matter how elite Hutson is lol he made a mistake it’s okay to just say it. It’s not the end of the world.
What part of my comment make you think it's the end of the world. I'm here to talk hockey, I exposed my analysis of the play. You, why are you here?

So really, they’re both winners.
Well, playing for USA and Canada, they are certainly used to it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Not a big fan of USA-Canada in the exhibitions. Rivalry games when they are tune-ups for a tournament where the teams will probably meet is a damper on the game taking place and then on any game they end up meeting during the tournament.

Ummm, 1980? US-USSR? Met just before the Olympics . . .

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, that was unfortunate.

It was an exhibition game, doubt we saw the U.S team at their peak yesterday, keep that in mind.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Quinn Finley and Lane Hudson should be a very fun duo. I think team USA has a better shot at gold than this team Canada
I thought that too before I watched that game. Canada is missing its #1 d man and once they got going this big bodied team really took it to the USA. They look, bigger faster and heavier. Thats the type of hockey that wins when it counts. Pleasantly surprised and really like the team canada built. Canada has way less time together than this USA team they should have more room for growth as they haven't played together nearly as much.

Should.be a great tournament. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sweden, Canada or USA won.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Well, that was unfortunate.

It was an exhibition game, doubt we saw the U.S team at their peak yesterday, keep that in mind.
By that same logic, wouldn’t Canada have also not been at their peak either?

This. 99 times out of 100, that would have been a successful play from Beck. That was an elite quick reaction from Hutson.
Regardless, was still a turnover that cost Canada the game

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

No, not our peak either, still.......don't think we need to get in a war here or anything over an exhibition game , you've got to respect your opponents.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Way more mistakes than that one it was a 6-5 game. Don't think anyone is trying that play in the Medal round.

Was a really fun game to watch both teams were trying things they're both working out the kinks..

Canada sure plays a fun brand of hockey. Tons of puck pressure, a great mix of skill and physicality. Lamoureux and Warren really started to stand out when the intensity ramped up. What great skaters for their size.

Reactions: jj cale

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Except that's literally how the US looks at itself. Every time they win a tournament their media always dubs it "The Next Miracle on Ice". And when they lose, the act like the tournament doesn't exist and that nobody cares about a bunch of teenagers, anyway.
Maybe...possibly some nitwit US media hockey writer made reference to 1980 after the 2004 U20 US gold medal. But as mentioned US sports media isn't paying attention right now.

Now during the mens Olympics hockey some birdbrain , like Kenny Albert, will bring up 1980. I just don’t hear or read much about the bold during the lead up or during the U20 tournament.

Reactions: jj cale

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Celebrini might just be the most well-rounded top prospect I’ve ever seen. He has the obvious dynamic offensive game and skating ability you expect from a probable 1OA, but his defensive game and physical play are so far advanced for someone his age. His hockey IQ is through the roof. He’s definitely going to be the type of player that you win multiple cups with.
He's a beauty .reminds me a bit of Brendan Shanahan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Way more mistakes than that one it was a 6-5 game. Don't think anyone is trying that play in the Medal round.

Was a really fun game to watch both teams were trying things they're both working out the kinks..

Canada sure plays a fun brand of hockey. Tons of puck pressure, a great mix of skill and physicality. Lamoureux and Warren really started to stand out when the intensity ramped up. What great skaters for their size.
Of course there were other mistakes, but there should never be a time where you’re trying to dangle the oppositions best player at your own blue line in overtime. Not a mistake that can ever be made that I’m sure he won’t ever be trying again.

That’s why I’m glad they play these games. Get it out of your system while the games don’t matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad