Call of Duty - Vanguard

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
the ww2 guns are garbage. won a rebirth this morning first try. my whole team quit but i just stayed circle and got two kills to win the game lol.

I found the rendering of the map to be terrible. i kept getting screen tears and stuff changeing. the trees would go all blotchy and stuff.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I dunno, the NZ-41 and the Automaton at least for ARs are pretty good. The Automaton is basically the M13 when everyone loved it, or the Grau/Kilo meta.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I hated the new map and guns to start but they're both growing on me a little bit.

The map looks awesome and I like how the buildings are designed.

I like the feel of the guns. More recoil, slower TTK, it just feels good to have more extended gun battles as opposed to regular Warzone where most loadout weapons melt you instantly even when fully plated. This might just be a result of people not having fully leveled their weapons yet though. No heartbeat sensors is incredible also, actually makes me wish they had taken them out of Warzone all along.

I don't like that I can't buy a loadout until the first drop. They are penalizing squads that work cooperatively and are organized and forcing them to be more at the mercy of looting and RNG.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Why did they change the movement? It seems really clunky and very sensitive. I’m confused why they decided to revamp so much of the game. Adding a new map would have been enough

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Movement feels exactly the same to me both yesterday and today.

Spent a lot of time leveling up the Automaton. It feels kind of like the Grau or Kilo with very low recoil but low TTK also. Has anyone else leveled up the BAR or STG? I want something that feels close to the CW AK.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Movement feels exactly the same to me both yesterday and today.

Spent a lot of time leveling up the Automaton. It feels kind of like the Grau or Kilo with very low recoil but low TTK also. Has anyone else leveled up the BAR or STG? I want something that feels close to the CW AK.

I have all three maxxed. I have not used a BAR loadout in WZ yet but it's a two shot kill in VG with the right setup. I wouldn't compare it to the AK though it's not really the same.

The STG is very good as well and maybe you could compare that to the AK but honestly I was never a massive AK user.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Looks like they tested well.

Attachments

• 186BE8D9-9B8B-4D0E-B61E-09785FC36A0F.jpeg
    186BE8D9-9B8B-4D0E-B61E-09785FC36A0F.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 10

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
the ww2 guns are garbage. won a rebirth this morning first try. my whole team quit but i just stayed circle and got two kills to win the game lol.

I found the rendering of the map to be terrible. i kept getting screen tears and stuff changeing. the trees would go all blotchy and stuff.

I played it before it went live and the rendering was garbage. It's totally unplayable on console.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Played a little more last night and starting to get the hang of it, but whoever optimized it for console did a terrible job. It doesn’t look good on a Series X.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I played it before it went live and the rendering was garbage. It's totally unplayable on console.

it’s terrible unfortunately for console. I can’t even commit to putting time on it. The graphic rendering is unbearable and the guns turning to blobs of black or missing parts is just nasty . I want verdansk and rebirth island back as an option until they fix this disaster for console players lol.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
In Vanguard Resurgence there's no randomness to the circles so every game I know exactly where the map is going to end up. What a joke.
Ya I don’t think it’s really a competitive mode. More of a mode to help people explore the map a bit that would get wrecked in normal BR

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I think the Automaton is still more forgiving at long range but the Cooper is pretty ridic. You can basically set it up as an SMG while still beaming as an AR. Tears through ammo though lol

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I haven't played as much Caldera as I would have liked to by now, but on my PS5 at least I haven't run into much for problems. I did have a dev error crash though, which I never saw on Verdansk in hundreds of hours of play. I've seen the odd disembodied head running around too. :laugh:

I do wish there was a next gen version. That was a major piss off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad