Call of Duty - Vanguard

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Fun to play, but the worst (along with the new Halo) to watch others play. Alive...dead. Alive....dead. Boring

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Still blown away they can’t figure out how to add FOV to next gen consoles for Warzone. After playing Halo Infinite and BF2042 with it, it’s very difficult to be stuck playing at 80.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Still blown away they can’t figure out how to add FOV to next gen consoles for Warzone. After playing Halo Infinite and BF2042 with it, it’s very difficult to be stuck playing at 80.

I'm really quite disappointed it's still a previous-gen game and is basically a straight up new map and that is it. Everything in-game is the same...even the movement. So the same gfueled lobbies you had before will remain sweaty because nothing has changed with the movement, and they are keeping your stats from the previous Warzone to help with the SBMM sweat levels. Like they couldn't update the fonts, graphics that popup in-game etc at the VERY minimum? Just lazy.

And all the talk about it using "Vanguard tech" in the hype video was BS. It's MW2019.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'm really quite disappointed it's still a previous-gen game and is basically a straight up new map and that is it. Everything in-game is the same...even the movement. So the same gfueled lobbies you had before will remain sweaty because nothing has changed with the movement, and they are keeping your stats from the previous Warzone to help with the SBMM sweat levels. Like they couldn't update the fonts, graphics that popup in-game etc at the VERY minimum? Just lazy.

And all the talk about it using "Vanguard tech" in the hype video was BS. It's MW2019.
I just played the new caldera map. It's Vanguard.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I just played the new caldera map. It's Vanguard.

It is? It looks exactly like MW2019/Warzone OG. The menu, the in-game popups, sounds, the general look of the game/map etc. I mean, it even loads from MW2019, how could it be Vanguard? Though I will admit this is just from me watching streamers haha. I'll play when I get home.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It is? It looks exactly like MW2019/Warzone OG. The menu, the in-game popups, sounds, the general look of the game/map etc. I mean, it even loads from MW2019, how could it be Vanguard? Though I will admit this is just from me watching streamers haha. I'll play when I get home.

Yeah it's a mish mash of Cold War/Vanguard/Warzone with MW being depreciated. This is my Cold War Skin I configured but it doesn't take in Warfare.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Warzone overall was a mess last night. I think there’s some kinks they need to work out as they transition over to Caldera.

I feel like the in game sounds were completely different. It was a lot louder than Verdansk overall.

Also my initial reaction is that they are going to have to find a way to better mix in Vanguard weapons. Maybe two sets of load out options. You can only use Vanguard weapons on Caldera and can use MW/Black Ops weapons on Rebirth Island. Idk the answer but the Vanguard weapon transition kind of sucked.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Warzone overall was a mess last night. I think there’s some kinks they need to work out as they transition over to Caldera.

I feel like the in game sounds were completely different. It was a lot louder than Verdansk overall.

Also my initial reaction is that they are going to have to find a way to better mix in Vanguard weapons. Maybe two sets of load out options. You can only use Vanguard weapons on Caldera and can use MW/Black Ops weapons on Rebirth Island. Idk the answer but the Vanguard weapon transition kind of sucked.

The rendering on Consoles was HORRIBLE. It was totally unplayable. The planes are literally like Ford Pintos in that they explode very easily.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

They’re trying to sell Vanguard by locking most of the squad numbers behind Vanguard Royale right now. Not surprised, really. It’s Activision. Watched some streams and using WW2 guns doesn’t do it for me. Raven is incapable of implementing an update that doesn’t cause gamebreaking issues.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Not a fan of Caldera. Too many easy vantage points if you get any type of high ground and you can never see the f***ers if they’re hiding in a wooded area. Also the game is super clunky and needs a patch to fix it. And give me back Rebirth Island damnit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad