Injury Report: Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I still can't get over how some think Hall made a hip check. Clearly Hall's knee or "leg" makes contact first, and the puck was never touched (maybe touched but I don't think so) then ended up 10 feet from him at the point of contact. unreal

that said... glad he got suspended, I was worried that they would look the other way.... Cuz Hall is a "superstar" and all LOL. Star, HA!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if oil fans can say they would have been ok w clutterbuck hitting hall and only getting 2 gms then great. i think shanaban & company should have given him 5. oh well i guess life goes on. cant wait to hear don cherry @@@@ out his mouth about this.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
2 games is perfectly fair especially in a shortened season. Anyways I didn't think the hit was all that dirty but I did think that Hall could have been able to avoid making the contact. Also not sure if his post game comment in which he said well I chose to not go for the head or that I could have gone for the head but didn't had any impact on the decision.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
^IMO, any hit that you dish out while leading with your knee is a dirty hit. Those types of hits end players careers.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I think the suspension is fair, in a shortened season it hurts a little more too.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
the decision of two games isn't rated any differently in a shortened season or regular 82 game, Pierre Lebrun said it him self on TSN.

so if you're happy with a two game suspension solely due to the shortened season and you think it would have been 4 or 5 if it was last year, you shouldn't be.

I am happy Hall got something, two is fair for a league that hates to suspend players for any lenght of time but I don't see this being anything but positive for EDM. It's a wake up call for a team that has been brutal - stagnant. Now is the time for RNH to actually hit the net (like Clutter :D) and Yakupov to show his worth... Hopefully they continue to suck, which they should because their schedule doesn't get any easier in the coming weeks

Wild win the next 3 we can finally get back into a nice playoff push for the 4-5 seed. I do not want to land in the 6/7/8 area. 8 appears to be a guaranteed lose right now unless the Hawks get injured. ANA is playing well, but I can see them sliding slowly towards the end and Vancouver, is well... Vancouver

Billy Mays Here*

Hopefully this thigh injury will only keep Clutter out for a week or so. I'd love to see him back in action on March 3rd when Eddy comes to town. Not that I'd expect him to take a dirty hit on Hall, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went a little out of his way to try and throw a big hit on him. Not sure that I'd like to see Cal himself fight Hall though. No offense to Clutter but he's not exactly the best fighter. I'm guessing he'll be out for at least a couple weeks though.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I don't like all this "karma" talk that has been going on. Not just us. One play goes uncalled against team A --> player from team A gets hurt --> long time coming. Very Roman gladiator-esque. Kinda gross.

Yes, I want Taylor Hall punched in the face.. But I don't want his knee blown out as well.

Billy Mays Here*

I don't like all this "karma" talk that has been going on. Not just us. One play goes uncalled against team A --> player from team A gets hurt --> long time coming. Very Roman gladiator-esque. Kinda gross.

Yes, I want Taylor Hall punched in the face.. But I don't want his knee blown out as well.

Indeed. If we go out of our way to injure one of their guys in retaliation this is only going to get worse. The best revenge right now? Curb-stomping Eddy into the pavement by destroying them on the scoreboard.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Indeed. If we go out of our way to injure one of their guys in retaliation this is only going to get worse. The best revenge right now? Curb-stomping Eddy into the pavement by destroying them on the scoreboard.

Right. But let's hope it's an 8-7 game so they can be enticed. God help us if it's another 3-1 snoozefest. Won't be anything of significant merit unless the losing opposing team was entertained throughout.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Still shocked at the people that actually think that was a hip check... Hall is lucky it was only 2. If its the other way around it would have been at least 5 (Clutter wouldn't have done that)

Happy he got something at least

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
To me it looked like a really frustrated hit-with-anything check. I think he intented to hipcheck but he realized that he couldn't get a real shot so he extended his knee. Hall seems to be out of place and awkward whenever he hits.

THEALLKNOWING*

I am okay with it, but at the same time I would have been okay with a few days more. Hall is a repeat offender. His hit on Brodin was as reckless, it just didn't occur in the NHL, but the pseudo-NHL (AHL during the lock-out).

If it weren't Cal C, Hall may have gotten more. The problem is Cal's style of play. I don't think he's a dirty player, but considering the number of hits he puts up, plus what I hate, the finishing his checks behind the play, it may be a matter of time before Cal hurts someone. It may very well be accidental on Cal's part, but still suspension worthy. the difference is Cal would be remorseful for hurting someone. Hall is a p***.

As a 3rd or 4th liner, the impact of Cal's absence from the line-up, will be marginal. He has scored two goals this year, both were tips. I know they count as shots taken, but he just put his stick out to hit at it, and it worked. He's pretty good at tips, that is why I wouldn't mind putting him in front of the net on the PP. But he has got to be one of the worst shooters of the puck in the NHL. And apparently he hasn't come to the realization that what he does isn't working, or the coaches are watching a different shooting game than the rest of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad