Injury Report: Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
if you follow me on twitter, check out the asshat idiot Eddy fans that interacted with me this morning...

One person, in particular...

If they were standing in front of me, and said what they tweeted at emilie to her?

I'd be in jail for aggravated assault and I would have ENJOYED it.

Ice box hockey

Oct 11, 2011
Duluth
According to online sports medicine info I've been looking at since the Russo tweet says most people can return from a quadricep contusion in 4-7 days. Most of the pain is gone after 48hrs.

Depends on how bad it is though. I had one playing hockey, same kinda hit too, and I was on crutches for a little over a week. I wasn't able to skate for 2 weeks. There are 3 types for this injury and it all depends on which one he has. My guess is he got the worst one, and that isn't easy to come back from. It causes dysfunction of the hip and knee, and trust me it's not fun. Just hope its not that bad of one.

edgevolution

GO USA!
Apr 7, 2010
State of Hockey
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Clutterbuck is on crutches, having trouble putting weight in leg. He sustained 2 of these last year on Ryan Whitney knee, Brent Burns check

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow. I remember the Nashville game and OT when linesmen used the Konopka faceoff rule. It was a weird call and costed them a game.

It was an emotional start but everyone settled down after a while. Like next morning no hard feelings. This is why I like Predators. It was an odd call though.

I do think that there are decent Oilers fans and only the most vocal are still arguing. And I'm Finnish God's sake. Hagman, Kurri, Tikkanen, Ruotsalainen, Siltanen, Takko.. I do respect their legacy. We're not calling Hall's head, only a couple of games.

Is this a rivalry?

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
if you follow me on twitter, check out the asshat idiot Eddy fans that interacted with me this morning...

One person, in particular...

If they were standing in front of me, and said what they tweeted at emilie to her?

I'd be in jail for aggravated assault and I would have ENJOYED it.

Just looked up your account and yeah some of the idiots you've been dealing with is exactly the same crap I've been dealing with. Apparently Clutterbuck deserved this cause you know....he's been suspended SO many times and keep kicked out of games. :shakehead

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Just looked up your account and yeah some of the idiots you've been dealing with is exactly the same crap I've been dealing with. Apparently Clutterbuck deserved this cause you know....he's been suspended SO many times and keep kicked out of games. :shakehead

I can't find the tweet now, but the last time a dude called a girl the "C word" in front of me... (way back in college...) I threw him out of a second story window.

Seriously, I am rarely surprised by displays of idiocy, but today managed it. If Reynolds deals with that on a daily basis, then my actual respect for him has increased today.

Plus, he finally took SBN out of his twitter handle, which for some reason, makes his political tweets palatable. :laugh:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
How is an x-ray machine not working at a major professional hockey arena? :-P I won't trust what the true diagnosis of his injury is until after the Calgary game and he's back here with proper diagnostic machines. Hopefully that's all it is though. It seems that way but I won't trust anything until he's back in Minnesota where we actually have the medical machines that work and will help with the diagnosis. Thank God though it looks like dude's going to be back eventually.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
HD capture:

Hall-Clutterbuck_zps0f7749e9.png

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
How is an x-ray machine not working at a major professional hockey arena? :-P I won't trust what the true diagnosis of his injury is until after the Calgary game and he's back here with proper diagnostic machines. Hopefully that's all it is though. It seems that way but I won't trust anything until he's back in Minnesota where we actually have the medical machines that work and will help with the diagnosis. Thank God though it looks like dude's going to be back eventually.

An indictment of socialized medicine maybe?:sarcasm:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
There's always going to be some irrational fans that can't take off their homer glasses but it's good to know that most third parties with an unbiased view of the play are agreeing with the call and possible suspension.

After going over the video and pictures, it's pretty obvious that Hall didn't set out to clip Clutterbuck with his knee but did so he wouldn't completely whiff with the shoulder. No intent to injure, but he still needs to be held accountable for his actions.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
This is a hipcheck:

Mike%20Komisarek%20lays%20a%20hip%20check%20on%20Blake%20Wheeler.jpg

This is not:

BDtbSTyCcAErTEI.jpg:large

Yes, this. I posted some vids earlier (1st MB thread and it was a Don Cherry's! hipcheck collection). I can not understand. But i'm also so old that I've learned.. if someone has an opinion, you can't change it.. if the opponent doesn't want to change it. I'm pretty sure Hall's hit can not be a hip check, but as well.. I may be under a spell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad