Injury Report: Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'll never understand people, if clutterbuck did that to hall they'd be calling for his head and at least a 10 games suspension. don "wrinkle" cherry would be screaming buttercup should be kicked out of hockey , yet oil fans think hall is mr wonderful and doesn't even deserve a fine. go figure.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Should be interesting. I am not going to get my hopes up because while I would like to see a 1-3 game suspension I bet he gets a fine and a slap on the wrist. Keep your expectations low people because if they are wrong you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

I think he'll get more than a fine. You can't do this type of crap. A couple inches another way and he can end a career. I think the NHL should come down more severely on players when it comes to suspensions, but based on the present, I'll say 3-4 games. Hall had some pretty stupid comments after the game as well and I honestly think the nhl takes that into account a tiny bit.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Shanny yet. IMO this is a 2-3 game suspendable offense. Reckless hit from a reckless player. That said, it's what makes him a good player, and why the oilers fan base likes him so much

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Shanny yet. IMO this is a 2-3 game suspendable offense. Reckless hit from a reckless player. That said, it's what makes him a good player, and why the oilers fan base likes him so much

No problem with that. 2-3 games sounds about right, let's see.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I think he'll get more than a fine. You can't do this type of crap. A couple inches another way and he can end a career. I think the NHL should come down more severely on players when it comes to suspensions, but based on the present, I'll say 3-4 games. Hall had some pretty stupid comments after the game as well and I honestly think the nhl takes that into account a tiny bit.

I couldn't believe the comments, very arrogant.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
if you follow me on twitter, check out the asshat idiot Eddy fans that interacted with me this morning...

One person, in particular...

If they were standing in front of me, and said what they tweeted at emilie to her?

I'd be in jail for aggravated assault and I would have ENJOYED it.

Yeah...that guy was something special. I'm actually really pissed that I even responded to him to be honest.

Next time you need to remind me to calm the hell down I guess :p:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

Oh great point. You could just tell whatever he said in the post game is not genuine and to be taken seriously. He did come across as arrogant, he really doesn't give a rip. It reminded me of some rich kid getting into trouble in school but going through the motions knowing full well because of who he is, he'll only get a slap on the wrist.

killcrypt

Apr 30, 2011
2 games sounds about right. But make no mistake, had it been clutterbuck on hall it would have been 4-5 games.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
This freight train will be back on the ice soon enough
http://twitter.com/ZenonKonopka/status/305099569744728064
BDvucTQCUAAAQwD.jpg:large

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Should've been 3-5, not 2. A good example of someone being pandered because of their superstar status.

Still, I can live with it. At least he was suspended.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
This whole thing could really get ugly. Simply a spoiled arrogant kid acting out in a foolish, selfish way. He'll feel the wrath of the Wild soon, hope that it ends there.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
This whole thing could really get ugly. Simply a spoiled arrogant kid acting out in a foolish, selfish way. He'll feel the wrath of the Wild soon, hope that it ends there.

I hope that no one takes it that far.

At best, what I'd like to see is Clutterbuck heal quickly and be back on the ice for the March 3rd game. Have an in-game, on-ice tutorial for the Oilers about how to make hard, legal checks.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I can't find the tweet now, but the last time a dude called a girl the "C word" in front of me... (way back in college...) I threw him out of a second story window.

Watch out, we have a badass over here...

For the record, throwing a dude out of a 2nd story window because he called a girl "the C word" is not warranted. In fact, you should've been arrested for it. Wannabe white knights like you are the exact reason why feminism is on the rise and why women feel that they are entitled to behave any way they want without having to face any consequences.

No, seriously, what did the guy do to you? Or was that your crush that hurt her feelings? Cry me a river.

If he had touched the girl, either pushed or shoved or done something inappropriate, I would've understood your decision. Then it would be acceptable. But for calling someone "the C word"? Naww. Makes you look quite stupid.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah...that guy was something special. I'm actually really pissed that I even responded to him to be honest.

Next time you need to remind me to calm the hell down I guess :p:

Just to reinforce what is already known....I live in Winnipeg, but I've been to Alberta a couple times and Minnesota many many times and Minnesota is 80 times better and nicer than Alberta.

It's not even close.

Of course though, Manitoba is nicer than Minnesota ;) /sarcasm

CG5

Jan 18, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Oh great point. You could just tell whatever he said in the post game is not genuine and to be taken seriously. He did come across as arrogant, he really doesn't give a rip. It reminded me of some rich kid getting into trouble in school but going through the motions knowing full well because of who he is, he'll only get a slap on the wrist.

oof, yeah. I didn't see/hear his comments until you guys brought it up so I checked it out. he sounds arrogant and dumb.

I'm fine with the suspension.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
when there is any room for interpretation of intent, i think the league will give the player the benefit of the doubt the first time. 2 games seems like nothing...but the repeat offender thing is going to give him pause next time he lines up Brodin behind the net. or it should. he seems pretty stupid, so who can say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad