C/RW Mitch Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
You're doing a disservice to Dvorák. That kid is phenomenal.

Agreed. He may not be flashy or as skilled, but his super smart who adapts well to who his playing with. Just look at WJC, Marner lacked chemistry with his line-mates, it's actually hard to play with super skilled guys IMO, when most think it's easy.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Agreed. He may not be flashy or as skilled, but his super smart who adapts well to who his playing with. Just look at WJC, Marner lacked chemistry with his line-mates, it's actually hard to play with super skilled guys IMO, when most think it's easy.

Agreed. Watching Marner play with Perlini at the worlds was frustrating as hell. Marner would make a nice pass to him to gain the zone and Perlini would just dump it in the corner to lose posession. Then people were saying Marner wasnt doing anything the first few games when it was his linemates that were useless.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's funny isn't it? I bet Dvorak is more lilely to be be a disappointment than Marner. Marner has also been proven to be the driving player on his line.

The amount of times Marner does all the work for tap ins from the other two don't reflect on stat sheets.

Somebody has not been watching the games.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Is that person you?

No, actually, I've seen around 80 London games this year.

He said "the amount of times Marner does all the work to give his linemates tap-ins is not reflected on the score sheet."

I responded because that comment is not reflective of someone watching the games.

How can you honestly defend an ignorant statement like that? As stated by others, it's doing a disservice to Dvorak and Tkachuk, who are almost equally important pieces of that line.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It will be interesting to see how Marner's chances of making the show have been impacted.

Tough to see the Leafs bringing in 3 rookies into the top 9...but if he's ready, he's ready.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It will be interesting to see how Marner's chances of making the show have been impacted.

Tough to see the Leafs bringing in 3 rookies into the top 9...but if he's ready, he's ready.

He will definitely get a 9 game tryout to start off, and then go from there.

I think he will stay up all season long with the Leafs, to be honest.

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015

I would say he's a lock and don't forget that he's old for this draft (few weeks away from being eligible for the 2015 draft)

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
I'm happy we're getting Matthews, but I actually believe Marner > Matthews. Can't believe we have both of them and Nylander moving forward. Team is going to be amazing in a few seasons.

snizzbone*

Likely more than 3 rookies.. hyman and sosh are locks to make the team as well.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Was watching a highlight video of all Marner points from this season, can't help but think he is a more skilled Logan Couture. Similar compete level, two-way game, skating style, etc.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Was watching a highlight video of all Marner points from this season, can't help but think he is a more skilled Logan Couture. Similar compete level, two-way game, skating style, etc.
Coming from a Sharks fan, I'll take this as high praise. Thing I love about Marner is he'll be the perfect winger for a loaded offensive line led by Nylander or for a do everything two way line led by Matthews.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No, actually, I've seen around 80 London games this year.

He said "the amount of times Marner does all the work to give his linemates tap-ins is not reflected on the score sheet."

I responded because that comment is not reflective of someone watching the games.

How can you honestly defend an ignorant statement like that? As stated by others, it's doing a disservice to Dvorak and Tkachuk, who are almost equally important pieces of that line.

Would that not be more or less every home and away game this year and playoffs? Be pretty tough to do accomplish no?:help: I do agree that Dvorak and Tkachuk are gettin underrated here. Top talents in their own right. Mind you I do think Marner is the best but to give him the lionshare of the credit for the entire lines success is a bit much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad