C/RW Mitch Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
He's looked really, really engaged in the last few games I've seen.
There's one or two 'wow' moments a game.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Looks like he's gearing up for the playoffs. Had a slow stretch after the WJC, probably due to spending so much time in the weight room.

Goal and three assists tonight, and hit two posts.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
23 points, +16 in the last 9 games for London.

97 points, +40 in 46 games on the season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Looks like he's gearing up for the playoffs. Had a slow stretch after the WJC, probably due to spending so much time in the weight room.

Goal and three assists tonight, and hit two posts.
Seemed mostly due to the usual post WJC slump and not having linemates converting, Dvorak has a great understanding of where to be to capitalize on the chances Marner creates. Marner seems to be a guy where it take a little bit of time to adapt to playing with. Players also don't put in alot of bulking up/gym time during the year, the season is too grinding, especially with the minutes he gets. Now, a July and August with Gary Roberts will help in this regard.

Also the score sheet I saw had only two helpers.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
A bit surprised that the last Marner thread was closed without a new thread started...so i took the initiative.

Marner has had a great season as co-captain for the Knights. Also did well at WJC and didn't deserve a lot of the criticism levied at him.

Discuss...

probably not, but most of it was warranted. Another year in junior and another shot at a Gold Medal in Toronto/Montreal will serve him well.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
23 pts in 9 games is a good sample size. He will be very good. Hit the weight room Mitch!

Yeah, that's the only knock against him right now, I'd say. He really needs to get a LOT bigger and stronger, to make it to the NHL. The talent and determination are there, in spades. Just keep hitting that weight room. :)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Has the conversion to a C talk simmered down? Everyone satisfield with him potentially being a dynamic 1st line winger?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Has the conversion to a C talk simmered down? Everyone satisfield with him potentially being a dynamic 1st line winger?

Thankfully Toronto has William Nylander excelling as a C in the AHL.

It looks like Marner will go forward as a W.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Seemed mostly due to the usual post WJC slump and not having linemates converting, Dvorak has a great understanding of where to be to capitalize on the chances Marner creates. Marner seems to be a guy where it take a little bit of time to adapt to playing with. Players also don't put in alot of bulking up/gym time during the year, the season is too grinding, especially with the minutes he gets. Now, a July and August with Gary Roberts will help in this regard.

Also the score sheet I saw had only two helpers.
He should have had a secondary assist on Juolevi's goal, they just missed it for some reason.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Mark Hunter says he can still see him as a center in the NHL

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Pretty sure most people have. That's not saying everyone thinks he can't transition later on in his career but I think the most plausible outcome is he's a top line, dynamic, two way winger.

FazeLeaf*

Mark Hunter says he can still see him as a center in the NHL

If the Leafs draft Matthews I think he will stop saying that, but if the draft Laine they may actually want him to play center.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
probably not, but most of it was warranted. Another year in junior and another shot at a Gold Medal in Toronto/Montreal will serve him well.

He can be criticized for not meeting expectations. Although even with that, a more competent coaching staff would have saved him from himself (who else but Spott Jr. would have allowed a player to take 2 minute shifts at a competition of that nature?).

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

He will be given a chance to play C at the NHL level IMO. If he goes back to London again next season, I think he will be a mainstay at the centre position with Dvorak moving on to Arizona.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He will be given a chance to play C at the NHL level IMO. If he goes back to London again next season, I think he will be a mainstay at the centre position with Dvorak moving on to Arizona.

back to back 100 point seasons with London..there is no way he's going back to junior.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

I really don't think it was, considering how everyone on that team played he was singled out and attacked to stupid proportions.

If the Leafs draft Matthews I think he will stop saying that, but if the draft Laine they may actually want him to play center.

Marner feeding Laine, good god.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
How is our little "bust" doing, still tearing it up?
I haven't seen him play since the website-who-shall-not-be-named went down.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
back to back 100 point seasons with London..there is no way he's going back to junior.

I wish there was a way for him to start with the Marlies. Getting used to the Leafs systems would be really helpful for him. Babs won't be very forgiving if Marner coughs the puck up too much while trying to wheel and deal.

I really don't think it was, considering how everyone on that team played he was singled out and attacked to stupid proportions.

Marner feeding Laine, good god.

Haha, I totally pictured the whole Greek scene with Marner tossing grapes into Laine's yip. :laugh:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Babcock seems like the type of HC to put up really high expectations/level of standard for the young guys coming in, vs the vets on the team.

Mad Brills*

With nylander doing well as a C, I'm fine with him being a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad