C/RW Mitch Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

snizzbone*

Then there is Johnson as well.....

Don't think he makes the team out of camp. Not enough spots, unless he just flat out beats out guys. He'll spend a good chunk of the year in the AHL is my guess.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't think he makes the team out of camp. Not enough spots, unless he just flat out beats out guys. He'll spend a good chunk of the year in the AHL is my guess.
He can't play in the AHL until London is eliminated. Its OHL or NHL, no other option is available. He'll make the team most likely. We really don't need to develop him as a center anymore. 3rd line sheltered wing minutes with 2nd PP duty.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He can't play in the AHL until London is eliminated. Its OHL or NHL, no other option is available. He'll make the team most likely. We really don't need to develop him as a center anymore. 3rd line sheltered wing minutes with 2nd PP duty.
He's talking about Andreas Johnson.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
I'm happy we're getting Matthews, but I actually believe Marner > Matthews. Can't believe we have both of them and Nylander moving forward. Team is going to be amazing in a few seasons.

Might be more flashier perhaps. Better player? No. Matthews has been rated around the same or slightly better than Eichel. Marner is incredible, but Matthews is a tier above him

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Might be more flashier perhaps. Better player? No. Matthews has been rated around the same or slightly better than Eichel. Marner is incredible, but Matthews is a tier above him
I remember when Chicago drafted an early birthday Canadian centre in 2006, then won the 2007 lottery and drafted a late born American winger, while the positions are different, I sure hope it works out that way. Marner and Matthews both the same age with Willy a year ahead them is a hell of a young offensive core.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Would that not be more or less every home and away game this year and playoffs? Be pretty tough to do accomplish no?:help: I do agree that Dvorak and Tkachuk are gettin underrated here. Top talents in their own right. Mind you I do think Marner is the best but to give him the lionshare of the credit for the entire lines success is a bit much..

Yup, Knights have played 82 games so far this year. That is quite impressive.

I dunno, it's pretty clear (to me at least) one of them is the straw the stirs the drink. But part of what makes Marner so dominant is playing with high IQ players who like to move the puck and can read give and gos well. The lines chemistry is off the charts.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
With last night's news and the Knights pushing for a Memorial Cup birth and the Marlies hopefully on a long run lead by the young kids, we're in for an exciting few weeks prospects-wise.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Yup, Knights have played 82 games so far this year. That is quite impressive.

I dunno, it's pretty clear (to me at least) one of them is the straw the stirs the drink. But part of what makes Marner so dominant is playing with high IQ players who like to move the puck and can read give and gos well. The lines chemistry is off the charts.

Impressive or unbelievable....you decide. Marner definitely stirs the drink, Dvorak garnishes the drink and Tkachuk drinks it (ie likely most beneficiary of the 3 at this point imo), if we are in the mood for cheesy analogies..ha

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
With Matthews joining the Leafs I am glad we can put to bed the idea of Marner playing center. I just didn't see it and I really like seeing him on the wing.

Kid is tearing it up and it is a shame the AHL isn't an option.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The leaf goalies might start getting bored with all that puck possession in the other end.

To be perfectly blunt Mathews, Marner and Nylander will be worth the price of admission.

Remember when we were so excited about D'Amigo, Mckegg were top prospects? We were so happy about them?

Jesus, our prospects pool is insane compare to what we had few years ago

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Looking forward to that next round. Long wait for both teams though :).
Remember when we were so excited about D'Amigo, Mckegg were top prospects? We were so happy about them?

To be fair the only excitement I remember about McKegg was that he had a great hockey name :).

But, in the end it shows what can happen when you choose to actually rebuild and draft well. End up with some prospects you can build around.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

And when we were wasting top 5 picks on defensive d men... or trading them away altogether.

Competent management makes all the difference.

Hunter, Shanny and Lou are miracle workers.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Looking forward to that next round. Long wait for both teams though :).

To be fair the only excitement I remember about McKegg was that he had a great hockey name :).

But, in the end it shows what can happen when you choose to actually rebuild and draft well. End up with some prospects you can build around.
Burke's strategy of drafting grit past the 20th overall pick never worked well, especially when combined with trading a bunch of early 1sts. May we never forget Jesse Blacker, Kenny Ryan and Brad Ross. Or Tyler Biggs, arguably the worst 1st wound pick in the last 5 years.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Burke's strategy of drafting grit past the 20th overall pick never worked well, especially when combined with trading a bunch of early 1sts. May we never forget Jesse Blacker, Kenny Ryan and Brad Ross. Or Tyler Biggs, arguably the worst 1st wound pick in the last 5 years.

Leafs fans loved those first three picks when they were made. Let's not act like we were any smarter than Burke and his staff.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Leafs fans loved those first three picks when they were made. Let's not act like we were any smarter than Burke and his staff.
Alot of people were down on Biggs and Kenny Ryan. I liked Brad Ross and McKegg though.

Burke's track record outside the top 20 was terrible though. The only good picks made late in the Nonis/Burke tenure were Johnson and Connor Brown. I was also never in favour of how much he minimized Bergman and the euro staff.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

But we didn't. Massive issues with Schenn, Ryan, Biggs picks and even Gauther, while trading prospects like Stralman and Tlusty without even an evaluation.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Our prospects pool is better than it has ever been since the advent of the draft. And we're adding 12 more picks this year, plus Zaitsev! It's an embarrassment of riches really, but we deserve it.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Our prospects pool is better than it has ever been since the advent of the draft. And we're adding 12 more picks this year, plus Zaitsev! It's an embarrassment of riches really, but we deserve it.

rockonyt8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille