C/RW Mitch Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Our prospects pool is better than it has ever been since the advent of the draft. And we're adding 12 more picks this year, plus Zaitsev! It's an embarrassment of riches really, but we deserve it.

I think I remember oilers fans saying the same thing with all their 1sts and justing schultz ;). No but the leafs really have some lethal prospects who, if developed correctly, will rival Winnipeg with the amount of skill in the top 9.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Imagine the third guy on their line. :laugh:

Both guys are good playmakers. Put a decent sniper in and he'll have the time of his life.
Actually think if Kapanen rounds out his game a bit he could be a decent fit there. Work hard speed and a decent shot. Matthew's is more sniper/finisher than a pure playmaker, but he can do it all. It will be very interesting. Crazy that Marner is now our 3rd best prospect in some peoples eyes (once we draft). Personally I'd have him at 2 ahead of Willy, and behind Matthews (or Laine if we shock the world, and on-par with Puljujarvi). Marner's game is going to be huge going forward, he probably is with Matthews long term but can easily play with Nylander at points. I just want the draft to come to make this official.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think I remember oilers fans saying the same thing with all their 1sts and justing schultz ;). No but the leafs really have some lethal prospects who, if developed correctly, will rival Winnipeg with the amount of skill in the top 9.
Sort of true, but we have Rielly (and he's the oldest of the young core) who was better than any young D Edmonton had in that time frame. Plus, Matthews is a better prospect than anyone Edmonton got til McDavid, the only one close was Hall. And even Edmonton fans will agree on this, huge difference between Shanahan, Lou and Babcock, and Lowe, Tambellini and McTavish.

[MOD] Continued here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2072601

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad