C Nolan Patrick (2017, 2nd, PHI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Last 10 games:

3 G 3 A while averaging over 15 minutes a night as the 2C. He's arguably been the Flyer's 4th or 5th best forward during that stretch. I don't know how someone actually watches him play and thinks he's going to be anything less than a legit 2C in this league.

Yeh, since New Year he has been playing exceptionally well on both sides of the puck.

52.90% CF
55.29% HDCF%
60.00% GF

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
Last 10 games:

3 G 3 A while averaging over 15 minutes a night as the 2C. He's arguably been the Flyer's 4th or 5th best forward during that stretch. I don't know how someone actually watches him play and thinks he's going to be anything less than a legit 2C in this league.
lots of idiots out there

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
G8T6Jev.png

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Sarcasm aside they did mess up picking him up 2nd when he should have gone around 6th Pick .

Yeah right! The kid playing and developing extremely well in the best league on the planet should have gone behind guys putting up numbers in garbage leagues!

Reactions: BigToe

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I said it in the Ehlers vs Patrick thread but I will say it again. There is going to be a lot of crow to eat next year onwards. Crazy to see so many people label a 19 year old a bust (who likely haven't seen him play more than a handful of times) and actively root for him to fail after only 50 games.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I said it in the Ehlers vs Patrick thread but I will say it again. There is going to be a lot of crow to eat next year onwards. Crazy to see so many people label a 19 year old a bust (who likely haven't seen him play more than a handful of times) and actively root for him to fail after only 50 games.

The weird thing is it's all outside hate. Flyers fans seem almost unanimously satisfied with how he is progressing. They are more than happy with the pick. :dunno:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It is pretty laughable that the word bust was actually being thrown around. He just had multiple sports hernias repaired, he's nowhere near as explosive as he will be next year, the year after, and so on if he stays healthy. He has the hands, the shot, the size, the playmaking ability, the defensive acumen...He's gonna be good. I'd like to see how his speed improves over the next few years though, he'll need that to improve to get to the next level.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The weird thing is it's all outside hate. Flyers fans seem almost unanimously satisfied with how he is progressing. They are more than happy with the pick. :dunno:

Weirdly, I think most Devils fans have been and continue to be pretty fair in their assessments. It's the occasional Nucks fan who seems to be really ready to run him down.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah right! The kid playing and developing extremely well in the best league on the planet should have gone behind guys putting up numbers in garbage leagues!
Shl wasn't garbage last year when Lindblom won the MVP, but now it is??? Hmmm

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Fascinating indeed. I believe it has a lot to do with getting 2nd prize at the lottery. Would he have been picked by Arizona we would need a whole lot of bust comments in here.
edit: we would not read a whole lot of...

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille