C Jake Wise - Boston Univ., NCAA (2018, 69th, CHI)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Of all the comparaison you gave us, only one make sense and it's Olofsson. The rest is either a d-man, a player not in the discussion for the 1st round or a player not playing in the top 6.

Not sure he is playing a top 6 role?

Edit - Looks like he is:

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wise buries a highlight reel goal for a 4-1 US win!!! lol, actually great effort by Wise, and superb accuracy from that far away - Wise had a strong overall game which is why he was on the ice in the final minute to seal the game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wise buries a highlight reel goal for a 4-1 US win!!! lol, actually great effort by Wise, and superb accuracy from that far away - Wise had a strong overall game which is why he was on the ice in the final minute to seal the game.

He's not been bad this tournament, but the stat watchers didn't like the two points in four games output. Whether he scored an ENG or not, he's deserved a goal, given he missed a breakaway and missed an open net in some of the other games, so it's evened out now. Not to mention, playing with Gruden destroys offense, so him and Caufield are a two man line right now. He also had a nice touch pass assist on Caufield's goal.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
is there a chance that he goes with Halifax ? If I’m MTL and we draft him, I really consider trying to convince him to go play with Halifax with the Memorial Cup there ! I would gave back Zadina to, so they could played tougheter

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Can’t help but feel like he could be this years Sam Steel. Highly touted a few years before the draft and considered a top 10 lock in his draft year only to slip due to inconsistency/injury. Now like Steel going into the draft he’s ranked as a probable second round pick but I think two years down the line people may look back and say why on earth was he ranked this low

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I would be one happy guy if the Blues snagged him at 29. I do think he’s one of the most underrated players in the draft.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
is there a chance that he goes with Halifax ? If I’m MTL and we draft him, I really consider trying to convince him to go play with Halifax with the Memorial Cup there ! I would gave back Zadina to, so they could played tougheter
Don't really know if I understand your rational? You want Zadina to stay in junior next year to play in Memorial Cup?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Zadina is one of the most nhl ready for the draft. I doubt he goes back in the Q. I'd love to see Wise with the Mooseheads tho. Hopefully Newhook joins him.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
High profile Americans from New England don't play in the QMJHL, unless they fail out of school like Charlie Coyle. He's a Boston kid, and probably aspires to win the Beanpot playing for BU.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Wonder if the leafs draft him. They were targeting a Centre anyways in Mcleod, so this makes more sense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
“He might not be the biggest guy in the world but he has a lot of heart and he works his butt off and has an unreal shot and a lot of skill to add onto it. To be honest, I think he’s probably the biggest sleeper in the draft,” Samuelsson said. “Nobody knows where he’s going to go. But if you’re just judging him off of the second half of the year when he was playing, he has flown under the radar.”

Once a hockey prodigy, now Jake Wise is a sleeper in the...

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad