C Jake Wise - Boston Univ., NCAA (2018, 69th, CHI)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Fair enough. I'm prone to tangents.
While getting caught in a tangent of my own... for what it's worth, I think you have a valid argument and there is no way the average hockey player is getting 'the most' out of his degree missing classes for games and committing so much time to development during what is a pseudo seven-month season. I just contest the idea that college hockey doesn't offer a lot more than one might think. BU is a unique case in that the degree is so expensive and the resources are pretty insane both on campus and post-BU hockey career, having a rink in the middle of boston, so many connections in the hockey world. I think the argument gets a lot more complex when we look at the value of something like a Yale degree versus Vermont, Bentley, Alabama-Huntsville, North Dakota etc. All offer something unique, worse in some respects, better in others and so on...

Reactions: wankstifier

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone follow him ? His stats have been underwhelming to say the least. I thought he'd at the very least be a ppg player in the NCAA with the skill he showed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I suspect the injuries are playing a big part in why he's struggling. He's been injured a lot over the last number of years, and sometimes a player who misses so much development time either can't regain their form because they are rehabbing injuries while others are improving their hockey skills or it takes a year or two to get their game back up to form when sustaining such major injuries. It also looked like he was playing on the 4th line last I remember, so I don't think the role is helping.

I wouldn't write the guy off. He's only in his second season. He has another two and a half, and then he can make his way through the minors. He certainly has the raw talent to be a good NHL'er, but he needs to stay on the ice, and build up some better play.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
What happened here: Overhyped from the beginning or injuries get the best of him? I remember when the Mooseheads drafted him in 2016 and everyone was losing their minds (even though there was no chance he'd ever show!)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What happened here: Overhyped from the beginning or injuries get the best of him? I remember when the Mooseheads drafted him in 2016 and everyone was losing their minds (even though there was no chance he'd ever show!)
Definitely injuries plaguing his development.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s only played 50 games the last 3 seasons, and probably most of them he was playing injured, given which games he missed and when he had surgery.

I don’t think we can assess his play since being drafted due to these injuries. Injuries could derail his career, but until he can stay on the ice for a prolonged amount of time, I don’t think an assessment of his game can take place.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He hasn't improved all that much since he was 15. He peaked early, and injuries haven't helped, but he's not a prospect worth following at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00