C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Ah oh, no points today for Pettersson. There goes the PPG.

At this point it doesnt matter if he gets points or not, its how he plays. And I can say he was very close scoring this game several times. He is currently playing in a line with no real goal scorers.

The fact he went from dominating the allsvenskan and then season after doing the same in SHL, like it was nothing, as a 18-19 yo tells me he has a bright future in the NHL. Has a high potential in becoming a superstar

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Forsberg had a ridiculous development between 17-20.

Pettersson will probably top out around Backstrom's level, which is still a top-5 center in the world for the best part of a decade.

And we should be incredibly happy if he reaches that, backstrom has been one of the best centers in the league for a number of years.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Another impressive thing about Pettersson that I read recently on that hockeybuzz article (not sure if it was posted here) is that Pettersson has been on the ice for only 7 goals against all year! That's incredibly impressive.

Not only is he putting up incredible offensive numbers but his defensive game is absolutely elite as well. I've only caught parts of a few games this year but he is constantly breaking up plays and intercepting passes in the offensive and neutral zone and is always in the right position in the defensive zone to break up plays and great at blocking shots. The guy has such an incredible hockey IQ whether it is offensively or defensively. Only one hurdle remains is getting stronger enough to transition his skills to the NHL.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Ah oh, no points today for Pettersson. There goes the PPG.

??????????

Lol. Triggered Canuck hater comment. Only reply’s after a pointless game. FYI, he has 35 points in 26 games. Way above the ppg.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Lol you guys... I didn't say Pettersson is gonna be as good as Crosby. I said his potential is that if he reaches it.

How does Peter Forsberg compare to Crosby? Well Petterson is tracking to be better than Forsberg at the same point in their careers. So the potential is there.
Well, now its obvious that youre just trolling

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
and it's obvious now that you're a hater. Yeah I looked through your post history. You keep trying to put down Pettersson since the Canucks drafted him.. and Pettersson keeps proving you wrong. Haters be hatin lololol
I love Pettersen but your Crosby comparison says a lot about your ability to judge talent...

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
and it's obvious now that you're a hater. Yeah I looked through your post history. You keep trying to put down Pettersson since the Canucks drafted him.. and Pettersson keeps proving you wrong. Haters be hatin lololol
What? You're comparing Elias with Crosby ad you're saying hes the best player ever in the SHL, comparing him to Forsberg. Yes, I've been negative, but even before the Canucks drafted him. I dont think hes been working on getting bigger and I reserve my judgment until I've seen him play good on smaller ice for once, not flopping around all over the place. If you think that it's "hating", then I feel sorry for you. Since I've already seen how you handle discussions, so I wont be expecting an answer from you that is satisfactory, guess it'll be more "lololol, hating, eskerit"-stuff

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Wasn’t kessels ceiling also above Crosby ? Don’t think he will be Crosby’s level, at the same time, don’t even dare think about pulling the “canuck fans are comparing him to Crosby” card on us oh hell no. We know you guys are waiting for an oppurtunity for it. Not a chance. I was expecting 40 points in 50 games pace from him.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I really like this guy. He may be Backström+ player when he gets to NHL he is that good. And im by no mean Nucks fan or Swede.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He was obviously joking. You seem very triggered though.

No, just educating the haters around here who’s done very little research and just randomly spews hate. That’s not triggered, that’s defending. The irony is that all the haters that slammed him during the world junior showcase is nowhere to be found.

It doesn’t work that way you can just walk in here , promote something negative, say oh he’s just joking and accuse the Canucks fans for defending him .

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
No, just educating the haters around here who’s done very little research and just randomly spews hate. That’s not triggered, that’s defending. The irony is that all the haters that slammed him during the world junior showcase is nowhere to be found.

It doesn’t work that way you can just walk in here , promote something negative, say oh he’s just joking and accuse the Canucks fans for defending him .
Good thing you dont represent all Canucks fans. Im sure they would be embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad