C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Bad comparison. You got mcdavid and crosby

Agreed, and the US and Russia have Kane, Matthews, OV, Malkin and Kucherov, and Finland has a bunch of budding superstars at forward as well. We've been relatively starved lately when it comes to forwards of that calibre.

At the same time we're so saturated with defensemen that I'm becoming tired of them. In fact, if I could sacrifice Karlsson + Dahlin to make Pettersson a perennial Art Ross contender, I would. There's twice as many forwards as defensemen on a team, so it's better to have many good forwards than defensemen.

Reactions: DDRhockey

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Considering his existing lower body injury, would it be better to slot him as a center at the wjc?
I kind of fancied seeing him with lias Andersson and Nylander on a line. 2 players that can really shoot the puck

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Considering his existing lower body injury, would it be better to slot him as a center at the wjc?
I kind of fancied seeing him with lias Andersson and Nylander on a line. 2 players that can really shoot the puck
Nylander isnt confirmed

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Would Nico put up the numbers Elias puts up? I think not

Pettersson wouldn't put the numbers Nico is putting up in the NHL.

Don't get me wrong, there's a reason one is in the NHL and the other isn't.

Pettersson is trending really well though.

member 105785

Is it because he signed a SHL contract before attending NHL training camp? Pretty sure that's the reason

lawrence

May 19, 2012

agreed.
He put more then him probably. Guys vision is off the charts.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
agreed.
He put more then him probably. Guys vision is off the charts.

Nico has propelled his team to what might be one of the best seasons his team has had in the last decade. Pettersson? Not even in the league yet. Pettersson is vastly overrated by nucks fans.

Curved Space

Apr 9, 2006
Nico has propelled his team to what might be one of the best seasons his team has had in the last decade. Pettersson? Not even in the league yet. Pettersson is vastly overrated by nucks fans.

No, he is not vastly overrated. His historically high numbers for someone his age in Swedon's top league says he couldn't be overrated unless you start comparing him to elite players. But there is a chance he could become one of the elite. His current production says he has a chance.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

$10,000 Vcash that you've never watched Pettersson play a game in your life.

member 105785

How are you supposed to accurately rate a player who is putting up unheard of numbers? Better than Henrik and Daniel Sedin, on the level of players like Peter Forsberg?

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
No, he is not vastly overrated. His historically high numbers for someone his age in Swedon's top league says he couldn't be overrated unless you start comparing him to elite players. But there is a chance he could become one of the elite. His current production says he has a chance.

He should not be mentioned in the same sentence as a Matthews or McDavid and I've seen it a couple times in this thread.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
If he was as good as Nucks fans are saying, he would be able to play in the NHL this year...

Reactions: PinkFly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->