C Dylan Strome (2015, 3rd, ARI; traded to CHI) III

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If Strome develops as most experts expect then the Coyotes will be happy with the bullet.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I don't really see why my fellow Leaf fans are talking ****. Strome looks really damn good this year. Just has looked like a new player this year. You could argue Marner is the better player but Strome is going to be a top 6 C which is pretty damn good. I still think he will be more valauble player than Hanifin long term.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't really see why my fellow Leaf fans are talking ****. Strome looks really damn good this year. Just has looked like a new player this year. You could argue Marner is the better player but Strome is going to be a top 6 C which is pretty damn good. I still think he will be more valauble player than Hanifin long term.

Thanks.

Coyotes fans are really not interested in the measuring contest. We'd just like for a kid to have a successful career.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Best case scenario: Eric Staal
Worst case scenario: Kyle Turris

The one thing I will say about Strome that he showed me this year is that he's a definite leader. He's quite good with the microphone and in front of cameras, too, butt as far as on the ice and in the locker room he's someone the team really rallied around.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Best case scenario: Eric Staal
Worst case scenario: Kyle Turris

The one thing I will say about Strome that he showed me this year is that he's a definite leader. He's quite good with the microphone and in front of cameras, too, butt as far as on the ice and in the locker room he's someone the team really rallied around.
I like Strome, and there is a strong argument he is still the best prospect not in the NHL. But, you are being very optimistic on his floor. He has enough flaws that are damaging that he is far from a lock to be a 1b/2a center like Turris. His floor is probably closer to a competent middle 6 center. Very few players ever have a floor of a fringe number 1 center. He could be a guy who takes awhile to grow into his frame like Schiefele and RyJo. Or, he could end up in a similar position as his brother and Sam Gagner, who show flashes of that elite scoring at the NHL but can never sustain it. I don't think he ends up in Grigorenko territory, but that is probably his absolute floor, not Kyle Turris.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anyone notice late in the Final game that Strome was skating down the left wing and dumped the puck into the right corner which Windsor was easily able to retrieve and get it back out, and then he did the exact same play again when they got it back down the ice and Windsor got it right back out again. He could have at least ringed it around the boards so they could have a chance to get the puck. It was just so dumb, I couldn't believe he did that TWICE in the last minute of the game.

Worst. Take. Ever. Seriously. Your eyeballs busted my man.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
I like Strome, and there is a strong argument he is still the best prospect not in the NHL. But, you are being very optimistic on his floor. He has enough flaws that are damaging that he is far from a lock to be a 1b/2a center like Turris. His floor is probably closer to a competent middle 6 center. Very few players ever have a floor of a fringe number 1 center. He could be a guy who takes awhile to grow into his frame like Schiefele and RyJo. Or, he could end up in a similar position as his brother and Sam Gagner, who show flashes of that elite scoring at the NHL but can never sustain it. I don't think he ends up in Grigorenko territory, but that is probably his absolute floor, not Kyle Turris.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a slighthly better version of Berglund.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Officially makes the team, the Coyotes look to be running an interesting top 9. It will be interesting to see how Strome's line works as he has to be the offensive catalyst with Perlini and Crouse as his wingers.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Officially makes the team, the Coyotes look to be running an interesting top 9. It will be interesting to see how Strome's line works as he has to be the offensive catalyst with Perlini and Crouse as his wingers.

If Strome and Dvorak pan out and become good top six Cs, the 'Yotes will have nice depth at the position. I think Stepan as (in the future) could work.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
man i wish they'd swap duclair or rieder w/ fischer on that 2nd line.... very excited to see keller w/ dome and stepan tho

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How was his training camp btw??

He finished off preseason with 4pts in 5gp was a +3 and went 53% on face-offs.

Also, the Coyotes hired Dawn Braid as a fulltime skating coach since last summer. She's the woman commonly credited with getting John Tavares' skating up to NHL standards. Strome got to spend a ton of time with her and his overall mobility looks much better today than it did one year ago. He's worked very hard off the ice to get his tool box more NHL ready. As for his tools, they seem as sharp as ever.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Strome has produced at every level he has played. With or without McDavid as this was once a critique for him. Last I saw him his skating was much more powerful. The skating coach has done its job. He really does remind me of Thornton in many ways. Joe Thornton had a very slow start to his illustrious career. 7 points in his rookie year, 41 points in his sophomore season. Big lanky players often need more time. I would have zero worries about him if I am a Yotes fan. If I am a betting man, Dylan will be fine. Patience with this kid. The reward is coming soon.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I agree. Perlini caught my eye last season and looks to be in a better spot this year(at least to start) based on the qualities he and his linemates posses. I hope they start well enough to remain a unit because the potential is through the roof.

Oh, forgot the quote. :oops:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
How was his training camp btw??

He didn't stand out at any point and his skating is still subpar, but he does look faster. While he was rarely the center of a play or the most noticeable he did end the pre-season with decent stats and a few solid individual plays. As Strome always has.

Reactions: rt

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
While it is taking awhile for him to make the NHL, I still think he's going to be a pretty good player when he does... 60-70 point kinda player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad