C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Not to get too off topic, but do you think they trade Monahan?

Good chance IMO.

Ceci and Graovac will be dealt for sure. Mona is probably 50/50 IMO. Will depend on whether they feel he'll be in the NHL next season or back in the O because Ceci and Monahan are co-captains, they'd better be sure he wont be back in the O if he's dealt because this team is so young and lacks any kind of leadership beyond Ceci Monahan and Graovac. They really could use Sean next season helping along the young guys.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
McDavid with one assist so far in a Erie drubbing of Ottawa 6-1 midway through the third.

Consistency seems to be the story of this season for Connor so far. Also it just seems like his talents arent being maximized on this team, but thats how it goes with broken franchises. A lot of the time you see him standing open and nobody gets him the puck, or conversely he passes to someone open who cant handle the pass.

They are a young team, he will get to grow with a lot of these players. By his draft year they will be a pretty good team

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He's playing in whats probably the strongest division in the entire CHL and putting up amazing numbers at 15.

Looking forward to seeing how he does at the world under 17's.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
This is pretty aggressive, but I dont think anybody has a doubt that this kid is headed to the big leagues. He doesnt actually make a ton of money out of this deal until he cracks the NHL. Pretty good move by Reebok CCM though.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
That and I think the CHL has an agreement with CCM for helmets and gloves to be CCM. But Ive seen Kitchener and Ottawa with Reebok helmets so I dont know.

Reebok owns both companies. Missisauga has Reebok helmets too I'm pretty sure. Each team negotiates their own stick deal though.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Seeing how the Otters are buried...anybody think McDavid is a lock to play in the IIHF U18 WHC this April? I hope so!! This kid is ready for prime-time.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
He should sign with CCM. They've got the best stick on the market right now. The RBZ is so nasty

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Seeing how the Otters are buried...anybody think McDavid is a lock to play in the IIHF U18 WHC this April? I hope so!! This kid is ready for prime-time.

I think he should make it, there are no '96 forwards better than him in the country and the '95 list is a short one after the two in Halifax. I think he's as good/better than every '95 forward in the OHL including Domi. You never know with Hockey Canada, ageism is a thing and they even just cut Ekblad from the Hlinka in the summer but for this tournament since a kid like Domi is probably gonna be playing in the playoffs then there are more spots available. Could have Reinhart/McDavid as the top two centres.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He should sign with CCM. They've got the best stick on the market right now. The RBZ is so nasty
Well, CCM is owned by Reebok.

FWIW though, I remember him being decked out in Reebok gear when I saw him in the OHL Cup (probably because his favorite player wears it, I don't know why else you'd wear that crap), so he may be going back to it.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I think he should make it, there are no '96 forwards better than him in the country and the '95 list is a short one after the two in Halifax. I think he's as good/better than every '95 forward in the OHL including Domi. You never know with Hockey Canada, ageism is a thing and they even just cut Ekblad from the Hlinka in the summer but for this tournament since a kid like Domi is probably gonna be playing in the playoffs then there are more spots available. Could have Reinhart/McDavid as the top two centres.

Ya I was looking at a possible potential line-up including all 95 born players and wow! Too bad the lockout happened this year and not next, because I think the 95s are better than the 85s. That's including a few 96 born players and of course young Connor.

I think this is a pretty stacked team.

J DROUIN (95) N MACKINNON (95) N PETAN (95)
M DOMI (95) C McDAVID (97) J HO-SANG (96)
M KLIMCHUK (95) C LAZAR (95) S REINHART (95)
B HORVAT (95) R KUJAWINSKI (95) N RITCHIE (95)

13TH FORWARD
A DUCLAIR (95)

A EKBLAD (96) D NURSE (95)
J MORRISSEY (95) J SUBBAN (95)
M BOWEY (95) S THEODORE (95)
C BIGRAS (95)

GOAL
E COMRIE (95)
Z FUCALE (95)

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Ya I was looking at a possible potential line-up including all 95 born players and wow! Too bad the lockout happened this year and not next, because I think the 95s are better than the 85s. That's including a few 96 born players and of course young Connor.

I think this is a pretty stacked team.

J DROUIN (95) N MACKINNON (95) N PETAN (95)
M DOMI (95) C McDAVID (97) J HO-SANG (96)
M KLIMCHUK (95) C LAZAR (95) S REINHART (95)
B HORVAT (95) R KUJAWINSKI (95) N RITCHIE (95)

13TH FORWARD
A DUCLAIR (95)

A EKBLAD (96) D NURSE (95)
J MORRISSEY (95) J SUBBAN (95)
M BOWEY (95) S THEODORE (95)
C BIGRAS (95)

GOAL
E COMRIE (95)
Z FUCALE (95)

That is a great team. I wonder how they would do in the WJC? Russia, Sweden, the US would be too much for them but what about Switzerland, Slovaki, Finland and the Czechs? Am I selling those teams short?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
That is a great team. I wonder how they would do in the WJC? Russia, Sweden, the US would be too much for them but what about Switzerland, Slovaki, Finland and the Czechs? Am I selling those teams short?

I jumped the gun a little, next year's WJC is for players born in 1994. But in two years time, the team as I assembled is a powerhouse.. it's going to take one hell of a team to beat them.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm kind of disappointed, the only 2 times I've seen McDavid live and both times the Ice Dogs shut him down. He still had a good game and did all the little things right but just watching the highlights from him I was a little sad not to see some of that brilliance. Especially with Strome, Hamilton, and Ritchie out of the lineup today I thought he would have had more opportunities. It also looked like he wasn't given many minutes tonight, I dont know if that's been the case all season long but he wasn't utilized as much as I thought he would have been.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Happens to everyone.

Of course it does... no biggy... just wondering, as it coincides with the new coach I thought perhaps a few people could shed some light on to their thoughts of the situation, just one of those things that bites every player from time to time or is the coach using him differently, ice-time etc.

I'm a big fan of Mcdavid. )))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad