C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I had forgot that Erie got a new coach recently. Just from watching one game last night, they looked to still be figuring out how to play under him. There were multiple incidents where everyone on the ice besides the center did not know where they were supposed to be on a faceoff. One time specifically they were switching Dman back and forth from the hashmarks to behind the center constantly, causing the center to be kicked out, and they continued to shuffle even after that. Their breakout looked sloppy, players were all over the place and there was no real organization to it. Had Strome, Hamilton, and Ritchie been there yesterday I dont think the game would have been close.

There were many times throughout the night McDavid was short-shifted or sat for extended periods of time. He'll get out of this slump eventually and I think once the whole team adjusts to the new coach he'll start producing again.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

good to see him already put up a goal and apple in tonight's game

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
Well, CCM is owned by Reebok.

FWIW though, I remember him being decked out in Reebok gear when I saw him in the OHL Cup (probably because his favorite player wears it, I don't know why else you'd wear that crap), so he may be going back to it.

And both are owned by Adidas. Reebok makes good skates, but not really a fan of anything else they've put out. Oddly enough, I really like most of CCM's gear.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
And both are owned by Adidas. Reebok makes good skates, but not really a fan of anything else they've put out. Oddly enough, I really like most of CCM's gear.

I prefer CCMs skates, but Reebok's Sickick line has easily the best sticks I've ever used.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
How does everyone think he will do in the U 17?

Really good. One of the favourites to lead the tournament in scoring for sure and most likely the favourite. Playing on a stacked Ontario team and he's back to playing kids just a year older than him, the same age group he absolutely shredded last year.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
It's a shame this one wasn't streamed, his second goal was apparently a beauty.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
How McDavid did not get a single point in the 11-1 drubbing against Atlantic today is beyond me. He had several scoring opportunities and lots of icetime.

berzark

Nov 3, 2010
Mcdavid went end to end quite a few times and showed amazing hands and vision in the process, however.. on the powerplay he did not do much.

I thought Ho-sang handles the powerplay better from what I saw today in the 11-1 game. Ho-sang uses his skating agility do go around the zone and work the puck to his team-mates and get in dangerous positions for a good shot.

Mcdavid stays on the halfboards and does the same 2 plays over and over again. He passes either to ekblad, or passes down low near the net and cuts for a give and go. I just wish he used more of his skating agility on the powerplay to really take control and make something happen.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

agreed with last two posters. He just stands upright the whole time in the pp and doesnt seem to be interested, obv i dont think that is the case but it just seems like that. His goal off the end to end rush got called off, and he was 3rd assists for about 4 goals and was also sat for the third period along with ekblad because in case of injury. Just was one of those perfect storm kinda nights

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
agreed with last two posters. He just stands upright the whole time in the pp and doesnt seem to be interested, obv i dont think that is the case but it just seems like that. His goal off the end to end rush got called off, and he was 3rd assists for about 4 goals and was also sat for the third period along with ekblad because in case of injury. Just was one of those perfect storm kinda nights

I would assume Team Ontario is rolling the lines with how many good players they have. On any given night they have a handful of guys who could put up 3 or 4 pts easily, especially in the last 2 games.

Should be interesting if they beat Quebec and face Sweden in the semis....

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I would assume Team Ontario is rolling the lines with how many good players they have. On any given night they have a handful of guys who could put up 3 or 4 pts easily, especially in the last 2 games.

Should be interesting if they beat Quebec and face Sweden in the semis....

they do seem to roll most of them, atleast lines 1 2 and 3, a little less of 4th line

berzark

Nov 3, 2010
I got tickets to the gold medal game tomorow, even if it's 4 hours away from where I live, in hopes of seeing McDavid play..

:cry:

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Update from tonight: 1 goal, 1 assist by McDavid. Unsurprisingly, his goal was a beauty (according to the Otters twitter feed). He sits at 44 points in 38 games. How many nice goals has McDavid scored this season? AKA how many have been on pure skill alone? Just wait til he gets some tap in feeds when he plays with better linemates.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Was at the game last night, McDavid was definately one of the best players out there. One thing I noticed was his defensive game on top on the points he was racking up

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
His goal was just something that makes your jaw drop. In the first period, he looked like a phenom that just could not be answered. His team along with himself disappeared the rest of the game.

Erie is a realllly bad squad, really bad. that being said, the kid is just as advertised. Incredible skill-set. Hard to fathom he's 15. that's all the people around there were talking about.. him being 15 and just how incredible he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad