C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) and hes there best player. I bet he will get exceptional status next season simply because he is already dominating at a year up age group. He amazing. heres a link from game 7 of the gthl playoffs.

http://vimeo.com/20658514

Reactions: Koivu11

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This kid is an actual phenom. Hes a 97' playing for the 96' toronto marlboros AAA (best team in North America) and hes there best player. I bet he will get exceptional status next season simply because he is already dominating at a year up age group. He amazing. heres a link from game 7 of the gthl playoffs.

So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.

Im not saying hes a crosby he plays a ton like duchene did at the same age. The kid is playing a year up and dominating and the only stats i could find were from a tournament win where his team dominated and he led the way with 8 points in one game. Statistically who knows but talent wise this kid screams number 1 pick in the OHL draft for the 97 birth year or even next season. He will never ever play major midget because in ontario major midget is a wash. All the best kids are gone to OHL or tier 2. He will probably play two years of minor midget where he will absolutkley dominate.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

The issue with ontario is that players are not allowed to play in JrA or tier two if they are under the age of 15. Its a new development model that was made in 2003. Gagner and Stamkos never played in JrA, because they where not allowed. Midget AAA in Ontario is very different and watered down, it would do them nothing in terms of development. Tavaras did the same thing as McDavid is doing, playing a year up. They can play for a JrA team once their club team's season is over, but that is limited to 10-15 games.

Do i think that McDavid is at the same level as others? Way to early to call, but I like what I have seen in limited viewings. This time next year we will know much more.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
scary thing is what if bennett and mcdavid still played for the 97 express..imagine that team

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007

We're talking about exceptional status into midget a year underaged right?

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
He also layed minor midget this season and he is a 97 he helped the minor midgets win gold in the gthl playoffs...hes a beast

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
so is it safe to say he will be playing midget next season?

Minor Midget. In Ontario players need to play Minor Midget if they are born in a certain year.

This year will be 96, and McDavid as a 97 will play with the 96's.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Minor Midget. In Ontario players need to play Minor Midget if they are born in a certain year.

This year will be 96, and McDavid as a 97 will play with the 96's.

what would you say are realistic expectations for him next season being an underager in minor midget? Also, will there be any other players who are 97 born in the league?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
what would you say are realistic expectations for him next season being an underager in minor midget? Also, will there be any other players who are 97 born in the league?

I dont think so. He has always played up a year. It will be like another year for him.

From a skill standpoint he is one of the top players as a 97 against 96's.

I am not sure about what 97s will play up, i have not seen next years rosters.

Usually every year there is 5-6 underaged players playing a year up. This year the 96's playing with the 95's full time where Josh Ho-Sang (Toronto Marlboros), Jon Duchesne (Toronot Marlboros), Brock Hiddick (Elgin Middlesex Chiefs), Aaron Ekblad (Sun County Panthers) and Brett Hargrave (North Bay Trappers).

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Whats the status on this kid...or minor midget for next year I have heard that him and sam bennett tried to jump ship and come back to YSE and that Duschene went to the vaughn kings...

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Another reason why I love the GTHL playoffs. That is vintage GTHL, celes and all. Such a high level of play as well, considering almost all those players would be at least 14 years old. Can't wait to see McDavid next year, should be interesting to see how he compares to say a Ho Sang who played up all of last year.

As for the post above me, I'm not sure about the two kids you've talked about. But I'm pretty sure I heard Hiddick was coming to the GTHL to play for Vaughn.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Another reason why I love the GTHL playoffs. That is vintage GTHL, celes and all. Such a high level of play as well, considering almost all those players would be at least 14 years old. Can't wait to see McDavid next year, should be interesting to see how he compares to say a Ho Sang who played up all of last year.

As for the post above me, I'm not sure about the two kids you've talked about. But I'm pretty sure I heard Hiddick was coming to the GTHL to play for Vaughn.

I believe McDavid will be playing for the Marlboros with Ho-sang. He is a very good player but he is still small and the fact that Ekblad just got exceptional status he will probably be playing two years of minor midget.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Just read an article in THN about McDavid and Ho-Sang these kid's sound very special.
In the article it suggest McDavid will apply for special exception status for the upcoming OHL draft.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
i been talking about the kid for sometime he is amazing...fast skater, amazing hands and creativity with the puck, great playmaker and excelletn goal scorer, he can bring people out of there seats to say wow.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Ive been lucky enough to see Connor play between 20-30 games this year, If he doesnt get exceptional status, it wont have anything to do with his skills or abilities, id argue hes right up there with the Ho-Sang's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille