C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodfellas

Jan 29, 2011
Scary to think how good he will be at 17 years old in the OHL.... I think we can start to seriously consider him as the greatest talent to come out since Sidney Crosby.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
You can tell he has such a strong base. His skating is Crosby-esque. How many points is this kid gonna put up at 17? 160? More? lol

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Interesting to see how he adapts to a coaching change. Did Bassin really expect to challenge for a PO spot this year? but the uber talented McDavid.... damn, can that kid wheel and deal out there. I hope he ends up on my NHL team.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
You can tell he has such a strong base. His skating is Crosby-esque. How many points is this kid gonna put up at 17? 160? More? lol

I would say that sounds about right.

I project this for him:
15 years old: 80 points
16 years old: 120 points
17 years old: 150 points

hopefully more. the sky is the limit. depends if he stays with erie or not too. lets say he gets traded to london in 2014/15, he could be playing with some established ohl star.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I project this for him:

hopefully more. the sky is the limit. depends if he stays with erie or not too. lets say he gets traded to london in 2014/15, he could be playing with some established ohl star.

Dane Fox is cleared to play, should be playing this weekend after a few bag skates.. Erie has a nice little core of solid players they should do alright next year, hopefully

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton

I project this for him:

at 17 hopefully stephen harper is still there with him as a 19 year old, Erie has a bunch of other 95's that will hopefully be still playing as well. Might not need to trade him if they are contending

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
Just checked on his stats as of late: 15G, 19A for 34 points in just 27 games. However, the killer stat here is his ONE power play goal. 13 goals at even strength (his other goal was short handed) at 15 years old is amazing. The fact that he's doing 87% of his goal scoring at even strength speaks volumes about his talent... :)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Just checked on his stats as of late: 15G, 19A for 34 points in just 27 games. However, the killer stat here is his ONE power play goal. 13 goals at even strength (his other goal was short handed) at 15 years old is amazing. The fact that he's doing 87% of his goal scoring at even strength speaks volumes about his talent... :)

Isn't he getting pp time?

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I got out to Erie last weekend for a game, and he looked great for a 15 year old. He didn't back down from physical play, showed off his great hands, and played in every situation. Hopefully I can make the trip out there again in a few weeks. I just wish the team was better and that they didn't play in the best division in the OHL.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010

That's crazy. 13 ES goals in 27 games is just ridiculous.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
He looks to getting better as the season goes on, 16 points in 12 games this month. And Dane Fox is back skating, a Fox-McDavid-Brown top line could be pretty lethal.

4040tee

Jan 18, 2011
Acknowledging the fact that there are much more polished players available for this years wjc. Would it be a good idea to have Mcdavid in some sort of secondary scoring role for Team Canada this year?

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Acknowledging the fact that there are much more polished players available for this years wjc. Would it be a good idea to have Mcdavid in some sort of secondary scoring role for Team Canada this year?

Short answer: no

Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

I like the kid, however I don't see how useful he can be right now at the WJC. Unfortunately he got pretty much zero ice time against the Russians during the Subway Series, so we don't know just how good he is against national level teams. Let him play in the U17 first then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad