C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Still really like this kid. Wouldn't be shocked if he was a top 10-12 on some team's lists...especially after a guy like Ryan O'Reilly slipped a few years back. Similar players and teams won't want to make that same mistake.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Still really like this kid. Wouldn't be shocked if he was a top 10-12 on some team's lists...especially after a guy like Ryan O'Reilly slipped a few years back. Similar players and teams won't want to make that same mistake.

If he keeps up this play part of me thinks he could go between 4-8. That sound in all parts of the game especially his own end is hard to come by.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
What a Game 5 by Horvat with his team facing elimination. 2 goals and an assist so far. Just scored a beauty shorthanded after stealing the puck from Scheifele.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Unfortunately, not a pro level of stability on his skates...

Neither does "Hartnell Down" yet he has carved out a decent career in the NHL!

Hartnell Down

the act of falling on skates, made famous by Philadelphia Flyers winger Scott Hartnell. Promoted shirt and hat sales with the phrase to donate money to charity.
"He chases down the puck and oh boy, there he goes again, Hartnell Down..."
buy hartnell down mugs & shirts
hartnell-down heartnell down hartnel down hartnell falls down goes hartnell
by Tizztone Jul 26, 2012 add a video

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
They should be. I love Horvat. He's not big, but he's strong.

he's not undersized by any stretch, though.

He's a player who i think will make the NHL by the end of junior (i.e. if he plays 2 more yrs in jr, i don't think he'll continue on to the AHL). It will be interesting to see where he hits the ceiling in the NHL - but i don't see a situation where he ends up outside the 3rd line on an ongoing basis.

imo, people focus too heavily on the personalities of jr hockey players at times (just to the extent you have to be careful being too negative about someone who is 17 years old) - but with that said, it's to horvat's credit you only hear good things about his personality and there are no "caveats" involved...he doesn't carry any measure of "personality baggage" or anything like that - and, even more, you hear people making "actively positive" comments about him.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
For me, this kid is a better skating Ryan O'Reilly. ROR fell to the 2nd round in his draft year. Teams won't make that same mistake again. I would safely assume that there's a number of teams who have him in their top 10 lists.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
For me, this kid is a better skating Ryan O'Reilly. ROR fell to the 2nd round in his draft year. Teams won't make that same mistake again. I would safely assume that there's a number of teams who have him in their top 10 lists.

I wouldn't be surprised by that - i'm not sure i'd take him top 10...but i certainly would top 15. there are players with a higher ceiling than him - but there's a degree of certainty about him that can't be ignored...and, i expect, will be very attractive.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Question:

Since they both sound similar in style(two way center that will probably end up in the middle six of an NHL team) who do you guys like more between Horvat and Lazar? What are the major differences, who has an advantage at what, etc.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Question:

Since they both sound similar in style(two way center that will probably end up in the middle six of an NHL team) who do you guys like more between Horvat and Lazar? What are the major differences, who has an advantage at what, etc.

Lazar has the better shot, is faster and is more prone to delvering big hits, Horvat is harder working, stronger and takes the puck to the net more

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
For me, this kid is a better skating Ryan O'Reilly.

He's a better goal scorer than ROR too, IMO.

Question:

Tough one. Horvat is looking a little more complete right now in my eyes, but Lazar probably has more pro upside. Lazar is the better goal scorer, but like most of the regular season, Lazar has been unable to collect assists in these current playoffs, which is just puzzling to me.

Aela*

I was going to come in and explain he's the dark horse (besides Lazar) of the draft and could go as high as 4th. But I can see you guys already know that :laugh:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Boy those hands are terrible aren't they.... :sarcasm::shakehead

Anybody notice Domi and his turnovers last night??? Anybody notice what got London the win last night.... Bo. He's won more games for London in these playoffs both on the score sheet and what he does without the puck.

I said at the beginning of the year he'd be a top 15 maybe 10 pick. Right now nobody in this draft can get it done all over the ice like Bo.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Hate how threads like this can't just praise the kid, they have to be used as a breeding ground of hate for Max Domi. So annoying.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I see how guys might compare him to Lazar but I would take Bo, but it's a gut call.

Lazar just looks really good out there but the production is lagging behind, something that scares me but can't quantify.

The Canucks need to land a guy like Bo IMO.

arsmaster*

I see how guys might compare him to Lazar but I would take Bo, but it's a gut call.

Lazar just looks really good out there but the production is lagging behind, something that scares me but can't quantify.

The Canucks need to land a guy like Bo IMO.

Production lag?

Aren't they similar scorers?

Anyways, I agree Lazar and Horvat are both guys the Canucks could use.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Production lag?

Aren't they similar scorers?

Anyways, I agree Lazar and Horvat are both guys the Canucks could use.

Lazar and his skill set were projected as a sure top 15 pick for this year but his assists did lag behind while his goalscoring picked up after a soso start.

Bo wasn't seen as in Lazar's class last season and has improved his stock more with his play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad