C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft) (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless Leaf*

interesting, so who pray tell is your gut telling you this extra piece is? because any hab fan and their grandmother will tell you habs need forwards, especially a skilled center

Don't know. maybe B-level prospect(forward) or additional 2nd round pick.

Fearless Leaf*

I think most leaf fans will be perfectly fine with Grigorenko.

I wouldn't mind Grigerenko at all, lazy at times or not he will still become a legit #1 C. just don't see the Habs taking on Gally.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Don't know. maybe B-level prospect(forward) or additional 2nd round pick.

so now we're adding a 3rd second round pick this year + a B level prospect in order move away from a potential great center / winger?
yeah. No

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
At first I had him falling to 5 to TO, then I felt like there's no way Habs pass him up, now I can't think of a good reason why he slips past CLB. I feel like he's the 2nd best player in the draft, and CLB has huge needs at every position so they should take the BPA.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It really is interesting to guess at where Galchenyuk will end up going. The more you see of the guy the more you want your team to get him. Really is too bad he missed almost the whole season since it would have been fun to see if he could have competed for the top spot.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
At first I had him falling to 5 to TO, then I felt like there's no way Habs pass him up, now I can't think of a good reason why he slips past CLB. I feel like he's the 2nd best player in the draft, and CLB has huge needs at every position so they should take the BPA.

I heard his combine went really well which could move him up pretty high. But this draft is so... different. I mean everyone has question marks, including Nail. Concussion issues for him, work ethic issues for Grigs, Frk completely fell out of the first round ranking after his concussion in preseason, Galchenyuk missed 5 months to injury. There is others as well. It really is hit or miss with many, many guys. No pick is really "safe" but that could work to Galchenyuk's advantage and bump him up. If all the other top guys have question marks, why pass on the guy with the highest upside (Gally)?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
It really is interesting to guess at where Galchenyuk will end up going. The more you see of the guy the more you want your team to get him. Really is too bad he missed almost the whole season since it would have been fun to see if he could have competed for the top spot.

Definitely would have been a 2 man race, I think. Have teammates ever gone first and second in the same draft? Sedins were close at 2-3. But anybody ever go 1-2?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Aua0AF0CQAEAzCc.jpg:large

I would have thought Don would not survive having so many players of Russian descent around him. :laugh:

habitue*

I wouldn't mind Grigerenko at all, lazy at times or not he will still become a legit #1 C. just don't see the Habs taking on Gally.

Galchenyuk is EXACTLY what the Habs badly need.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
looking at these pictures of him I'd say he's likely 6'0, or 6'0 3/4 he's about the same size as malcolm subban and he's 6'1

hogtownhabsfan*

Galchenyuk to me doesn;t look that tall, probably a hair over 6 feet, but he's got a tiny head and no neck, along with massive shoulders, long arms, and a thick well built frame. He's probably around 190-195 already.

Fearless Leaf*

Except we're picking 3rd and you're picking 5th.

Again, I have my own opinion and take, I have said countless times that I see Habs passing on him or trading down.

Wishful thinking/gut feeling or not, this is simply my take on the whole scenario.

hogtownhabsfan*

Again, I have my own opinion and take, I have said countless times that I see Habs passing on him or trading down.

Wishful thinking/gut feeling or not, this is simply my take on the whole scenario.

Care to explain why you see the Habs doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad