C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft) (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
Well, if Grigs is in NHL next season I can see Galchenyuk making russian team for WJC in Ufa playing first-line centre. We have Prokhorkin - still very good but not elite talent like Alex and Grigs, we have Buchnevich but he's too young and all depends on how he'll play in KHL next season. It will be very important for Russia to win next WJC and I think Alex will be invited to play for our team.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Why can't he play for the US?

An obscure IIHF rule that says you must live for 2 years after the age of 10 in that country in order to represent it.

By all accounts, Galchenyuk has only spent 1 year after the age of 10 in the USA - the 2009-10 season when he played with the Chicago Young Americans.

If he had been drafted by an American OHL based team such as Saginaw or Plymouth, he would be eligible to play for the US.

Beakermania*

An obscure IIHF rule that says you must live for 2 years after the age of 10 in that country in order to represent it.

By all accounts, Galchenyuk has only spent 1 year after the age of 10 in the USA - the 2009-10 season when he played with the Chicago Young Americans.

If he had been drafted by an American OHL based team such as Saginaw or Plymouth, he would be eligible to play for the US.

The rule is something about "competing in the domestic national competitions of that country". I think playing in the CHL means he's in a Canadian Domestic National Competion.

Going forward The NHL might be considered both the domestic competition of the US and Canada and it might not matter if he's on a Canadian or US NHL team.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

id love to see Toronto be able to pick up Galch, seems like he would thrive under the pressure... Best ceiling in the draft offensively I find, also American for Burke lol

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
id love to see Toronto be able to pick up Galch, seems like he would thrive under the pressure... Best ceiling in the draft offensively I find, also American for Burke lol

Grigorenko definitely has a higher offensive ceiling than Gally.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
This guy has future star written all over him. I'm going to be upset if Montreal grabs him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Did anyone see how hard he was pushing on the bike tests? This kid has a ton of heart and it's obvious. I'll take that over Mikhail "how do you respond to your critics who say you don't try hard enough? That's their opinion." Grigorenko any day of the week. Seriously hoping by some miracle we manage to nab him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Did anyone see how hard he was pushing on the bike tests? This kid has a ton of heart and it's obvious. I'll take that over Mikhail "how do you respond to your critics who say you don't try hard enough? That's their opinion." Grigorenko any day of the week. Seriously hoping by some miracle we manage to nab him.

This...I watch it and was impressed...If Murray is not there at 4 I would love Galy on the Isles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad