C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft) (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Its going to go

Yakapov
Murray
Galchen
Forsberg
Grigorenko

Every year, the draft never goes according to plan, and every year, most of the posters around here continue to think that it will. It's especially bad this year, because other than the likely Yakupov going #1, everything is completely wide open. Most drafts might have a guy who's highly ranked and could drop a fair amount, this one has probably 3 or 4 of them.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Every year, the draft never goes according to plan, and every year, most of the posters around here continue to think that it will. It's especially bad this year, because other than the likely Yakupov going #1, everything is completely wide open. Most drafts might have a guy who's highly ranked and could drop a fair amount, this one has probably 3 or 4 of them.

Well said. I said this last year too when everyone was like "no way Larsson falls past 3 when the Devils fans said they hoped they got Larsson" or "no way Couturier falls past 5" when Jets fans among others thought they might have a shot at Sean. Or Ryan Murphy falling out of the top 10, or Dougie Hamilton falling as far as he did. As unlikely as it is, nothing is certain. We could even see Alex fall to 8th for all we know.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
not if Roy is the new head coach you can be sure that if Grigorenko is still on the board in that situation MTL will take grigo I would think

Roy is the head coach, not the head scout. I doubt he has much input in the decision, they will probably ask his opinion but will go with who the whole scouting staff feels is the best guy for the team.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
not if Roy is the new head coach you can be sure that if Grigorenko is still on the board in that situation MTL will take grigo I would think

and if you believe that's the reason why, then you don't know much about the hierarchy of teams. Roy won't have that kind of decision making power. Timmins loves Galchenyuk and Forsberg. If Columbus takes him, then things may change...but Grigorenko does not appear to be on Habs radar as their choice

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site

Nonsense. Montreal may or may not take Grigorenko at #3...but that decision will be made by Trevor Timmins and his staff and not by Roy (if he's brought in as head coach).

My guess at this point is that the Habs top 3 is as follows:

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Forsberg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
he won't be there when the leafs pick 5th. guaranteed
I do think it's very possible that he won't be there at 5, but I wonder why people constantly guarantee things. The only thing close to a guarantee is Yakupov going first. The top 5 really is pretty fluid in terms of predictions.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
One thing is for sure: the teams drafting in the Top 5/6 will each get a shot at a highly touted player with the potential to become a star ... and as been said over and over, there's a solid chance the player selected at #6 could be #2 on Anaheim's draft list.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Oilers need a center then d-man goalie then winger in that order.

Wouldn't surprise me if they took Galchenyuk.

Gutsy move but I don't think that organization will take such a chance after getting burned so many times in the past.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Yup, remember Fowler? He was going top 5. I remember when we had 7th in 2009, Leaf fans wanted MPS or Cowan but no way both were available and probably neither. Then, we were definitely taking MPS if we he was available.. right?

Fearless Leaf*

Fine, I will take the bet that Montreal won't get there hands on Gally come draft day, gutsy implication but I am willing to take the risk that he won't be in Habs jersey come draft day. We will either see them passing on him for some-else or via trade(moving up/down for certain reasons).

So what do u say? u up for the bet or chickening out. ;)

I will be 100% sure to stick by my words come draft day and will open this thread for the outcome.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I can see him and/or Grigorenko falling out of the top 5. I really don't see how it's 'guaranteed'.

I agree, Grig especially. He does not have an NHL physique, all the rest in the top 10 do except TT. I think he is going to drop a lot.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
1.Murray
2.Forsberg
3.Galchenyuk
4.Yakopov
5.Grigorenko.....

EDM is gonna mess everything up....They need to just leave Murray alone so he can drop to the Isles...

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

How do you figure? He has injury issues and many question that. This draft is completely wise open after Nail and on this site I've read "guarentees" we won't get Nail, Forsberg, Murray, Grigs or Galchenyuk. I really have. I'm willing to bet they get one :sarcasm:

hogtownhabsfan*

Fine, I will take the bet that Montreal won't get there hands on Gally come draft day, gutsy implication but I am willing to take the risk that he won't be in Habs jersey come draft day. We will either see them passing on him for some-else or via trade(moving up/down for certain reasons).

So what do u say? u up for the bet or chickening out. ;)

I will be 100% sure to stick by my words come draft day and will open this thread for the outcome.

Sounds like some wishful thinking.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sounds like some wishful thinking.

leaf fans can keep projecting their wishful thinking and making bets with me. it's all good. habs will draft either galchenyuk or forsberg - and unless there is trade or the isles take a d man - neither will be available at 5 i believe

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
leaf fans can keep projecting their wishful thinking and making bets with me. it's all good. habs will draft either galchenyuk or forsberg - and unless there is trade or the isles take a d man - neither will be available at 5 i believe

I think most leaf fans will be perfectly fine with Grigorenko.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
and a huge gut feeling simply because I just think they will pass on him or trade the pick to move down and grab an extra peice along.;)

interesting, so who pray tell is your gut telling you this extra piece is? because any hab fan and their grandmother will tell you habs need forwards, especially a skilled center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad