Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
5sz6m3.jpg

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
As a Sabres fan,

The return is right around what we hoped. Adams was looking to the equivalent of 4 firsts and came away with 3 and a 2nd. I think we all would have liked another smaller piece but it didn't happen. I am very happy with Tuch and Krebs. It is nice to have another top prospect in the hopper

Vegas is getting a young, elite center, who rarely become available. They paid a price which didn't disable them and they should be thrilled. He should be good for 75-85 points a year. Hopefully he matures and the Vegas room should be good for that. He isn't the alpha there.

I think this is a great example of a win win trade.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Not sure you can prove it's fake though. I wouldn't waste my time on it to be honest. Defend yourself and let others worry about what they said. You said you exhausted yourself trying to find it but it's been like what... 30 min's? Are you saying you read every thread that fast? Come on man! :laugh:

The site is search indexed; but even done manually it doesn't take very long to scan a thread. I did it when there was an active Ana/Buf Eichel thread series. Just search for Drysdale (there's many fewer hits for him than Zegras).

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I much rather have Eichel than the package Sabres received.

Vegas GM is doing an impressive job acquiring high end talent. Pietrengelo, Stone, Patches, and now Eichel.
Whether or not it leads to a Stanley cup aside, have to give credit to Vegas for going whale hunting and going all in

That’s way better than the GMs in the league who keep the status quo just enough to not get fired

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
I like this trade for Buffalo. It means something when you trade a player who publicly did not want to play for you for two players who are from the area and would love the chance. I think that part really helps with the moving on part of the trade.

Reactions: Ducks

varano

Jun 27, 2013
this seems....terrible for the sabres...

Also terrible for krebs. Hes going to be looked at as the Jack Eichel replacement for his whole career and will probably never be close.

Same like Tage thompson will never be ryan oreilly.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Whether or not it leads to a Stanley cup aside, have to give credit to Vegas for going whale hunting and going all in

That’s way better than the GMs in the league who keep the status quo just enough to not get fired
Absolutely. GMs like him (IDK his name), Doug Wilson (SJ) and Rutherford (Pit) don't get enough credit.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I like this trade for Buffalo. It means something when you trade a player who publicly did not want to play for you for two players who are from the area and would love the chance. I think that part really helps with the moving on part of the trade.

It's actually a pretty good return all things considered. I think both teams should be satisfied with the deal.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I much rather have Eichel than the package Sabres received.

So would Buffalo, but you have to work with what you've got. The Sabres weren't going to have Eichel at this point, so anything is better than nothing. In terms of potential payoff, at least it looks better than the O'Reilly trade.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I agree, when an elite, young #1 center comes on the market (unless the reason is heinous) every Gm in the opposite conference should be all in. Good on McC for going all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00