Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I believe they did get full value?? Or very close. What else were we going to get?? Krebs was apparently untouchable yesterday.....

They got full value for an injured Eichel; not a healthy 1C version of Eichel.
Krebs is not a blue-chipper; Tuch is a solid top-6 winger, the picks are 25th-55th OA range. Very underwhelming if Eichel is healthy and back to form after these next 4-5 months.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
healthy Eichel thats a great trade for Vegas.

Anything less than a 1C- averaging 65-75 pts a year for the next 5 years and this is a bad trade for Vegas.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
They got full value for an injured Eichel; not a healthy 1C version of Eichel.
Krebs is not a blue-chipper; Tuch is a solid top-6 winger, the picks are 25th-55th OA range. Very underwhelming if Eichel is healthy and back to form after these next 4-5 months.
Yesterday Krebs was called untouchable. Today he not a blue-chipper. HAHAHAHA

Reactions: displacedsabre

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The cap will be gone when he comes back (playoffs). Even if he's totally ready for the last month of the season, they will just say he needs more therapy and muscle building. Or, another player hits the LTIR

As for this summer, it might be tricky but it can work. At least then, there will be more flexibility and trade partners with cap space.
It works for Tampa Bay, why would everybody not at least give the concept a spin? If the player can legitimately rehabilitate, then you start the playoffs with an extra and rested (albeit rusty) elite player. Worked for Kuch, maybe it can work for Eichel.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm pushing 40, so don't often say this, but...

lol.

I'm not going to read 35 pages of comments but I assume it's filled with Sabres fans contorting themselves into all kinds of mad shapes trying to justify how this is a massive haul/A+ trade for them.
A whole lot of bickering between many different fans, but I see where your bias resides, and have to say- it feels good to be hated.

Hopefully we'll be good enough one day to get this many fans panties in a bunch due to the Sabres play, because the way we're garnering hate right now is pretty embarrassing for everyone involved. Still entertaining, though!

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Since you are so bored to dig through my post history did you also see the part where I said Krebs+Tuch+2 1sts and 2 cap dumps was the return I expected from Vegas or does that not fit you somehow trying a gotcha moment on me? This is exactly what Eichels value was. Not Strome + 1st
Smith and Fleury aren’t cap dumps. They might not have moved the needle a ton, but not cap dumps

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is what a rebuild looks like, and if I were a Sabres fan I'd probably be pretty happy with the efforts being made.

In all fairness to Sabres fans they rightfully thought this was going to be what happened to them years ago. You don't drive the franchise off a cliff like you did without this kind of situation in mind being the catalyst of a rebuild. This is at least redemption for ROR.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It works for Tampa Bay, why would everybody not at least give the concept a spin? If the player can legitimately rehabilitate, then you start the playoffs with an extra and rested (albeit rusty) elite player. Worked for Kuch, maybe it can work for Eichel.
I dont have issue with it. Even with Kucherov, his surgery was legit. We are only talking about a time measured in weeks that he might have been able to play but stayed on IR for cap reasons. At that point, what is a team supposed to do? Not use LTIR space? The trade deadline passed. There arent options.

Also of course you dont have the player. Vegas may be challenged to make the playoffs. I wouldnt bet against them though.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Just for your information. It is very important to me to be right, especially in this thread, today. I'm right, you are wrong. I will also not admit any wrong arguments i might bring forth, because i lack character to do just that. Rather keep silent and don't say anything. It's all forgotten tomorrow anyway.

There is only one opinion that is right. I own those rights. Now go suck a beach ball

Reactions: OrangePMD

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Prospect. Yes. Nothing is every guaranteed but love the potential.

Krebs is indeed a grade A prospect but not a blue chip. Do you think he stabilizes as a center or winger in the end? I'm hearing some comments where some think he is a center solution? A bit premature on that part right?

Could this be yet another mistake by the Knights where they trade a center (Suzuki/Patch trade)? When the Habs acquired Suzuki, he was a RW/Center type but people forget about that. Rare cases where winger/center types turn into a true center IMO.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I believe they did get full value?? Or very close. What else were we going to get?? Krebs was apparently untouchable yesterday.....
IMHO, Krebs was never more than "trade bait" for the VGK. As a young franchise, the concept of developing young players to plug holes has an internal value of about 0.01% against the idea that they can be traded off for more established players for immediately success. How well this works in the long term we'll see, but that's what you get with a "win at all costs" owner who only now is starting to face his first adversity in injuries.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I don't have to look. I was here in the trenches when it was happening. Your reality is different than mine I guess. I think you should defend your own statements and not the entire Sabres fan base. A lot of different things were said and that also applies to the Habs when fans say "Habs overrate their assets". FFS, every fan base does and not all fan bases are one voice. A very disinengeous stance to take on HF boards and some people should learn from this generalizing statements.

I don't believe all Sabres fans said the same things. Do you?

I exhaustively looked for a single instance of any fan asking the return should be Zegras + Drysdale. There were plenty of people saying the return SHOULDN'T be those two (and frankly that should be obvious to one and all). There was a fair amount of Zegras OR Drysdale.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
IMHO, Krebs was never more than "trade bait" for the VGK. As a young franchise, the concept of developing young players to plug holes has an internal value of about 0.01% against the idea that they can be traded off for more established players for immediately success. How well this works in the long term we'll see, but that's what you get with a "win at all costs" owner who only now is starting to face his first adversity in injuries.
Awesome trade for Vegas. WIN/WIN

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It would be false to say that Sabres fans as a whole ever suggested or expected this, but to the one guy who brought up Adam Fox, I hope you're reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad