Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Surprised by the number of people poo-pooing on Buffalo.

Buffalo's original ask was 4x first or equivalent, with no retention on Eich or cap dumps. And they wanted one of the pieces to be a good center prospect.

Buffalo received 3x firsts and a 2nd, no retention and no cap dumps, a good center prospect.

All they gave up was an extra 3rd rounder.

It's a lot better than say... any of the thousands of offers from Rangers fans. of 2 B prospects and some conditional 7th rounders + cap dumps.

I've got a feeling there's going to be 30 GMs regretting that they didn't beat this offer. NHL never learns and continues to drastically undervalue Sabres players on the trade market. Except for Flyers with Risto. LOL

Of the 30 GM who "are going to regret not beating this deal", how many could pick up a $10M cap hit player? And how many of those guys would be risking their job by beartng that offer and then have Eichel potentially not be the same player after coming back from unproven neck surgery?

I think it's a decent deal considering the cap limitations and injury concerns. I think that many folks are underestimating the impacts those factors have on the deal.

Reactions: Team Cozens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad