Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I much rather have Eichel than the package Sabres received.

Vegas GM is doing an impressive job acquiring high end talent. Pietrengelo, Stone, Patches, and now Eichel.
Eichel doesn't want to play for BUF anymore. Which tanks his value in addition to the fact he is injured and needs neck surgery. If anything VGK overpaid.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Krebs is going away for life for just saying hello to some guy who was selling junk. That ain't gonna happen to me.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
This thread is embarrassing for most of you. No, Peyton Krebs isn’t our savior. He’s a great prospect who is starting with us in the AHL, no need to rush him. For years, since Jack arrived the Sabres have been a 1 line team with zero depth and zero ability to bring along prospects to fill out that depth. That seems to be changing, there’s an actual plan to build a team instead of just relying on one or two AMAZING players.

No salary retention, no conditions tied to Eichel’s performance or games played. Wads of cap space, who knows? Maybe the team utilizes that to bring in a star in the future via trade/FA. So many people writing this off because it’s easy to say lol sword team bad.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
2 years from now, Vegas is still going to be a very strong team, stronger than many of the other teams who could have afforded to pay even more for a top player, but didn't due to risk aversion or just poor judgment.
2 years from now they’ll be where the sharks were a couple years back. No younger players in the pipeline and an entire core on the wrong side of 30 aside from Eichel. If they don’t win it this year or next they’re in serious trouble.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
2 years from now they’ll be where the sharks were a couple years back. No younger players in the pipeline and an entire core on the wrong side of 30 aside from Eichel. If they don’t win it this year or next they’re in serious trouble.
In two years their top C will be 27 and have 3 years left on his deal for a reasonable cap it.

Reactions: BKarchitect

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
In two years their top C will be 27 and have 3 years left on his deal for a reasonable cap it.
I mean I guess it’s reasonable. Depending on how he comes back it’s either reasonable or a massive anchor that ends up being the death knell for this particular front office.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
So is Buffalo going to flip Tuch? He’s a great piece but not sure what their plan is moving forward

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Where’s the guy that proposed this LOL

To BUFFALO:

Shea Theodore ($5,200,000)
Alex Tuch ($4,750,000)
Peyton Krebs ($864,000)
Nolan Patrick ($1,200,000)
2 1st round picks (20-30th overall)

Reactions: weslox

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I thought his timeline to return was 3ish months post surgery? Say for mid March even, 4 months from now. Still a decent chunk of season left. Guess we will see...
He is doing a newer surgery, not hard for VGK to say he needs another month to take it to Pkayoffs, and if they are out of it by then, may as well let him heal longer.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
So is Buffalo going to flip Tuch? He’s a great piece but not sure what their plan is moving forward

i expect he's squarely in their future plans. still in his mid 20s, grew up 2 hours from buffalo as a sabres fan, has a skillset unique to the sabres current roster, signed longterm on a reasonable contract. i think buffalo sees him as a key piece in the deal.

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
Where’s the guy that proposed this LOL

To BUFFALO:

Shea Theodore ($5,200,000)
Alex Tuch ($4,750,000)
Peyton Krebs ($864,000)
Nolan Patrick ($1,200,000)
2 1st round picks (20-30th overall)

still drunk probably, sane fans werent there.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
with an aging core and no prospects to fill cheap roles

I guess, if you don't think Dugan, Brisson, Morozov, Dorofeyev, Thompson, Miromanov, Korczak, Cormier, Chyka etc can fill in top 9/bottom pair/backup roles.

:dunno:

We can agree to disagree on the prospect pool.

Not having Smith, Tuch or Krebs next season is going to hurt their top 6 depth a little, I will give you that.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Surprised by the number of people poo-pooing on Buffalo.

Buffalo's original ask was 4x first or equivalent, with no retention on Eich or cap dumps. And they wanted one of the pieces to be a good center prospect.

Buffalo received 3x firsts and a 2nd, no retention and no cap dumps, a good center prospect.

All they gave up was an extra 3rd rounder.

It's a lot better than say... any of the thousands of offers from Rangers fans. of 2 B prospects and some conditional 7th rounders + cap dumps.

I've got a feeling there's going to be 30 GMs regretting that they didn't beat this offer. NHL never learns and continues to drastically undervalue Sabres players on the trade market. Except for Flyers with Risto. LOL

Reactions: rams

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Great trade for Vegas. Eichel is exactly what they need.

For Buffalo imo its a meh return. Tuch is a good 2nd line player if he can stay healthy while Krebs is a question mark still but looks decent so far in the NHL. He won't be close to Eichel that's for sure

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Surprised by the number of people poo-pooing on Buffalo.

Buffalo's original ask was 4x first or equivalent, with no retention on Eich or cap dumps. And they wanted one of the pieces to be a good center prospect.

Buffalo received 3x firsts and a 2nd, no retention and no cap dumps, a good center prospect.

All they gave up was an extra 3rd rounder.

It's a lot better than say... any of the thousands of offers from Rangers fans. of 2 B prospects and some conditional 7th rounders + cap dumps.

I've got a feeling there's going to be 30 GMs regretting that they didn't beat this offer. NHL never learns and continues to drastically undervalue Sabres players on the trade market. Except for Flyers with Risto. LOL

Flames will absolutely regret not getting this deal done. They are the perfect example of mediocrity. Treliving had a chance to get a franchise center and face of their franchise for the next decade and he failed.

Brad just can't close deals. He fails everytime.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don’t quite understand how that statement is wrong? If he’s healthy it’s reasonable, if he’s not it’s a massive concern. Where’s the issue with that?

This?
I mean I guess it’s reasonable. Depending on how he comes back it’s either reasonable or a massive anchor that ends up being the death knell for this particular front office.
Just a tad overdramatic. :laugh:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't think the price paid by Vegas was too high, but I honestly really wonder if it'll be worth it. Going from Stepehenson to Eichel is a big upgrade, but how much does it really help the team? Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone was already an elite line. How much better can Eichel make that line? And you already have Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith. Eichel's obviously not going on the 3rd line.

The cap implications are going to be tough too. Dadonov is gonna have to be fired off somewhere for cap space (idk why they even traded for him).

Once everyone is healthy (a ways out), maybe it makes more sense for Vegas to split up their top-six for depth? Especially considering Tuch went the other way. Roll some pairs of Eichel/Pacioretty, Stephenson/Stone, Marchessault/Karlsson. Reilly Smith fills in one spot on lines 1-3, then plug in the least bad fill-in remaining for the rest (Roy? Janmark?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca