Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Vatrano, Beleskey and Cehlaric for Looch and a number 2

Wow.....You would have to think Lucic would be very motivated if he came back home. If they would take Cehlaric, Beleskey, and Vatrano for Looch and a 2nd in 2018 The buzz of the city....This would be epic. Lucic is not playing poorly. 17 is available. It is interesting.

but again, the relationship between Boston and Edmonton isn't all that great, if Lowe hadn't been bounced by Katz, then that's a separate subject, but the reality is until Chiarelli gets bounced by Katz, it is highly unlikely.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Vatrano, Beleskey and Cehlaric for Looch and a number 2

Wow.....You would have to think Lucic would be very motivated if he came back home. If they would take Cehlaric, Beleskey, and Vatrano for Looch and a 2nd in 2018 The buzz of the city....This would be epic. Lucic is not playing poorly. 17 is available. It is interesting.

Lucic's actual home is the west coast; which I'm pretty sure has been reported he wanted to be closer to his immediate family (mother and sister?).

Lucic was disinterested his last season here, and I think it was an amicable parting of ways. I think the Lucic legacy needs to remain intact. If he came back, I don't think we are going to get the 2007-2011 Lucic.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Chiarelli is interested in Vatrano, I'd try to expand the deal to include one of Nurse of Klefbom.

Nurse would be a great fit here. Assuming it'd take a haul, a prospect that'd sting to give up.

Reactions: Fenian24

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lucic's actual home is the west coast; which I'm pretty sure has been reported he wanted to be closer to his immediate family (mother and sister?).

Lucic was disinterested his last season here, and I think it was an amicable parting of ways. I think the Lucic legacy needs to remain intact. If he came back, I don't think we are going to get the 2007-2011 Lucic.

True, but I've watched a far bit of Edmonton this season, he's still a heck of a player. I'm a big Lucic fan, probably always will be.

That being said, him coming back here is pure fantasy stuff. He wanted to be out west for a reason.

Not to mention Lucic is a pure LW (he's never played the off-wing once far as I can recall), and the Bruins are loaded now and moving forward in left-shot forwards.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
True, but I've watched a far bit of Edmonton this season, he's still a heck of a player. I'm a big Lucic fan, probably always will be.

That being said, him coming back here is pure fantasy stuff. He wanted to be out west for a reason.

Not to mention Lucic is a pure LW (he's never played the off-wing once far as I can recall), and the Bruins are loaded now and moving forward in left-shot forwards.

He's still a good player, I think he's just been immortalized for the player he was here. And I think unless he comes back here to retire, his legacy is better left at what he did, than trying to bring him back now (even if that was realistically an option)

But, agreed with your statements.

I think the Bruins are better off going for some lower profile players, preferably non-rental and young, that fit with the team going forward.

I think the Bruins highest priority should be figuring out the long-term Charlie McAvoy partner (who may or may not already even be in the system).

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

Who knows. Athletes have been know to get re energized when either going home or being traded from somewhere they have been for a while. Hockey players travel anyway during the season so the home thing would not be that bad. Plus i am sure the transition back would be simple. Plus the chance to come back and win another cup and cement 17 to the rafters......retires after this contract or goes home to Vancouver for short money a couple years. Listen, i was only responding to some posts above me...But i tell you this would be a monster get at the deadline. I agree it wont happen but who knows. Chiarelli is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
He's still a good player, I think he's just been immortalized for the player he was here. And I think unless he comes back here to retire, his legacy is better left at what he did, than trying to bring him back now (even if that was realistically an option)

But, agreed with your statements.

I think the Bruins are better off going for some lower profile players, preferably non-rental and young, that fit with the team going forward.

I think the Bruins highest priority should be figuring out the long-term Charlie McAvoy partner (who may or may not already even be in the system).

Hopefully one of Zboril,Lauzon,Lindgren or Vaakanainen will end up filling that void.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i wonder if krejci would accept a trade to buffalo? my spider sense is tingling that they are going to do something stupid soon

if i was them id want some winning vets to help those kids turn things around. krejci is an ideal second center behind a guy like eichel... oreilly could play wing with eichel. krejci works well with guys like okposo

my suggestion krejci and mcquaid
for reinhart and scandella

reinhart is due a new contract but he and scandella together should be under 8. i project a cap saving of 2.

i do think reinhart would be a huge upgrade over spooner. i also think he suits pastrnak more than bergeron does.

of course we get younger too.

if buffalo is about to panic id like to be the one to take advantage

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
No to trading McQuaid unless you get a hard nosed, younger guy in the process. I can't take watching players crash the Bruins crease willingly.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I am NOT trading Bjork in a package for Milan Lucic. Just no. Vatrano still has a lot of upside, would definitely package him for something, but would also rather keep him and play him on the 3rd line with Backes and Heinen.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Spooner would be a good bandaid for CBJ. They wanted a center before Dubinsky went down. He would also be a huge boost to their power play, which has been really struggling over the past year.

Vatrano to Edmonton for a middle round pick? Sure.

I like Pageau a lot but he only has 1 more point than our very own Riley Nash...is that upgrade really worth it considering price and cap hit?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who knows. Athletes have been know to get re energized when either going home or being traded from somewhere they have been for a while. Hockey players travel anyway during the season so the home thing would not be that bad. Plus i am sure the transition back would be simple. Plus the chance to come back and win another cup and cement 17 to the rafters......retires after this contract or goes home to Vancouver for short money a couple years. Listen, i was only responding to some posts above me...But i tell you this would be a monster get at the deadline. I agree it wont happen but who knows. Chiarelli is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Everyone's dumb but you apparently so I floated your Lucic deal on the Main thread - I wrote it up as fair as I could.
I'll give my take later

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Never in a million years.
He expressly stated he’d only be out west for family reasons. After the tragic death of his father being out there was his primary concern.
His deal to the Kings was actually doing him a favor in that respect.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
with cap going up would we be agreeable to this deal with ottawa

bobby ryan signed 4 years at 7.25
dion phaneuf 50% retained 3x3.5
and a lottery protected first round pick

total cap hit for next 3 years 10.75

in exchange for

matt belesky 3.8x2
adam mcquaid 2.75x1
and ryan spooner rfa

wed be gambling bigtime that ryan could turn his game around playing with krejci... hope phaneuf finds chemistry with mcavoy or carlo

i admittedly am a past fan of both ryan and phaneuf.

this trade puts size and toughness in our lineup without sacraficing speed and skill

i think this trade makes us legitimate cup contenders... but its expensive cap hit for sure

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I am NOT trading Bjork in a package for Milan Lucic. Just no. Vatrano still has a lot of upside, would definitely package him for something, but would also rather keep him and play him on the 3rd line with Backes and Heinen.

Not sure if you have noticed but vatrano has been a healthy scratch along with Beleskey. They won' waive him but also won' play him. It's not working here and if he could be included in a package for a physical bottom 6 w it would help the team and him because he does not fit right now.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Spooner would be a good bandaid for CBJ. They wanted a center before Dubinsky went down. He would also be a huge boost to their power play, which has been really struggling over the past year.

Vatrano to Edmonton for a middle round pick? Sure.

I like Pageau a lot but he only has 1 more point than our very own Riley Nash...is that upgrade really worth it considering price and cap hit?

Spooner could have a complete mental breakdown playing for Torterella. He thought Claude was mean? Claude is single A tough compared to a major league all star like Torts

Reactions: sarge88

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

in exchange for

matt belesky 3.8x2
adam mcquaid 2.75x1
and ryan spooner rfa

wed be gambling bigtime that ryan could turn his game around playing with krejci... hope phaneuf finds chemistry with mcavoy or carlo

this trade puts size and toughness in our lineup without sacraficing speed and skill

i think this trade makes us legitimate cup contenders... but its expensive cap hit for sure
Huge no to Phanuef even at the retained rate you suggest, he just screams loserrrrr.

I was always a Ryan fan but he's faded the past few years and that cap hit is brutal for what he is now, a complimentary scorer. I'd be interested in Ryan with a retained cap hit and if Sens would take Beleskey back in return.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I put the deal on the Main Thread

To Edmonton: Vatrano , Cehlarik, and Beleskey

To Boston: Lucic & a second round pick

Will check tomorrow to see what the general consensus is

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I put the deal on the Main Thread

To Edmonton: Vatrano , Cehlarik, and Beleskey

To Boston: Lucic & a second round pick

Will check tomorrow to see what the general consensus is

As a edmonton are guy exposed to edmonton sports talk radio 4-5 hours a day... i will tell you your timing is off. Lucic has had a good 10 game stretch and oilers have won 2 of last 3 games

Post this next time lucic has 3 points in 10 games and oilers have lost 3 in a row

Most oiler fans were ready to run rnh out of town for the cap before these past 30 games... meanwhile maroon was a must keep...

Now maybe maroon needs to be traded... or sekera... and rnh needs to be kept

But its all about timing... whoever is hot... thats who oiler fans want to keep

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

in exchange for

matt belesky 3.8x2
adam mcquaid 2.75x1
and ryan spooner rfa

Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad