Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
With all the injuries especially at forward , does anyone think the B's could explore the Matt Duchene idea again? I wonder if something where Krug was the main piece going back would work? Of course that means the Bruins would have to have another deal worked out for a D, maybe Spooner + Vatrano gets something decent back?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The worst thing this team could do is make a panic trade with all the injuries. For one, trading Krug makes zero sense. Why are you dealing a top 4 defenseman, and creating an even bigger hole on the backend? No, Spooner + Vatrano are not bringing back a defenseman equal to or better than Torey Krug. This would be a "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation in a nutshell.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
With all the injuries especially at forward , does anyone think the B's could explore the Matt Duchene idea again? I wonder if something where Krug was the main piece going back would work? Of course that means the Bruins would have to have another deal worked out for a D, maybe Spooner + Vatrano gets something decent back?

Not even close in regard to whats been reported for near a year now.
The Avs ask , and holding firm so far, is for a top pairing young D man, a prospect and a pick (#1).

Bear in mind that the Bruins have about 2 million in space. Duchene makes 6 million.
He also has less than two years left on that deal and supposedly an extension will cost 8 AAV long term.

I frankly don't see a match.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The worst thing this team could do is make a panic trade with all the injuries. For one, trading Krug makes zero sense. Why are you dealing a top 4 defenseman, and creating an even bigger hole on the backend? No, Spooner + Vatrano are not bringing back a defenseman equal to or better than Torey Krug. This would be a "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation in a nutshell.

Posted similar yesterday.

If DS was able to add a youngish F/D with term for a couple picks/prospects, I would be all for it, but what’s the likelihood of that, especially when dealing from a position of weakness.

Duchene doesn’t fit that description. He makes a lot of $$$ and isn’t putting up the numbers to make it worthwhile. Plus, he will be looking for a big extension in 2019-20 at the age of 28/29.

Pass.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
from bos: trent frederic, jake debrusk, matt beleskey, and this year's 2nd round pick
to bos: nick bjugstad and a 4th rounder in 2019

with heinen, bjork, and cehlarik all primed to contribute in the nhl, despite cehlarik's injury troubles of late, i believe you can risk trading a guy like jd, as much as i like him. frederic is a phenomenal prospect, but i think his top-end in the nhl is that of the player the bruins would be getting in this deal. you move beleskey's cap hit and to do so, move some guys that are slightly higher value atm than you'd like to, and include the high pick as well. bjugstad's a player that, when healthy, is a difference maker and plays hard at both ends of the ice, and has a reasonable cap hit at 4.1 for a player of his age and ability. the bruins need a reliable middle-six center that can distribute the puck and gather pucks down low. this is a long-term fix as well as one that's needed right this moment, to me.​

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
from bos: trent frederic, jake debrusk, matt beleskey, and this year's 2nd round pick

with heinen, bjork, and cehlarik all primed to contribute in the nhl, despite cehlarik's injury troubles of late, i believe you can risk trading a guy like jd, as much as i like him. frederic is a phenomenal prospect, but i think his top-end in the nhl is that of the player the bruins would be getting in this deal. you move beleskey's cap hit and to do so, move some guys that are slightly higher value atm than you'd like to, and include the high pick as well. bjugstad's a player that, when healthy, is a difference maker and plays hard at both ends of the ice, and has a reasonable cap hit at 4.1 for a player of his age and ability. the bruins need a reliable middle-six center that can distribute the puck and gather pucks down low. this is a long-term fix as well as one that's needed right this moment, to me.​

For the second time,

Yeah...no.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Posted this in the trade forums..

Im not saying sell the ship or make a panic trade.. But it would be nice to see Sweeney show that he can purchase the car with spare parts rather than sell the car for spare parts. We have yet to see this. Understandably up until this point, but IMO now is the time. This team needs help.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Posted this in the trade forums..

Im not saying sell the ship or make a panic trade.. But it would be nice to see Sweeney show that he can purchase the car with spare parts rather than sell the car for spare parts. We have yet to see this. Understandably up until this point, but IMO now is the time. This team needs help.

it's a tough time of year to find much unless it's on the waiver wire. Pittsburgh was able to pull a deal off, but I guess it depends what you are looking for.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hate doing proposals because value wise I'm normally off, so these are just some starting points on guys I think they should target with all these injuries.

Spooner + for Bozak.

Leafs unlikely able to keep him, we need some C depth right now. UFA at season's end.

Other guys I kick the tires on who are UFAs and likely to not return to their teams:

Kyle Turris
Joe Thornton

I realize it's quite unlikely we get a trade done between division rivals, and also realize that Thornton probably wants a chance to win the cup. Just tossing out names. I would really love Backlund on the Bruins, another UFA, but doubt Calgary trades him. Super underrated player

I don't think the Bruins should panic either, that's why I'm posting UFAs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

While I wouldn't make that deal if I was Boston, I give you credit sir for a proposal that isn't an offer on Duchene or Landeskog.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I hate doing proposals because value wise I'm normally off, so these are just some starting points on guys I think they should target with all these injuries.

Spooner + for Bozak.

Leafs unlikely able to keep him, we need some C depth right now. UFA at season's end.

Other guys I kick the tires on who are UFAs and likely to not return to their teams:

Kyle Turris
Joe Thornton

I realize it's quite unlikely we get a trade done between division rivals, and also realize that Thornton probably wants a chance to win the cup. Just tossing out names. I would really love Backlund on the Bruins, another UFA, but doubt Calgary trades him. Super underrated player

I don't think the Bruins should panic either, that's why I'm posting UFAs.

You will never see Thornton in a Bruins jersey again as long as Sinden is alive.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
While I wouldn't make that deal if I was Boston, I give you credit sir for a proposal that isn't an offer on Duchene or Landeskog.

i think it's an overpayment, because i value frederic higher than even jfk, but the structure is something i thought people could work with. naturally, there are players i'd rather move. i also have an inordinately high opinion of bjugstad.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

That really is terrible beyond words. I ' always in favor of trading prospects for established talen but this doesn't work for either team. Nobody is taking Matt Belesky, if he isn't bought out this summer it will cost them a high pick to move him at the draft.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Right now, anything that weakens the prospect pool - ESPECIALLY at the center position - is not a good move, if you ask me. I know we all hate to say it, but in the next few years, this team needs to start seriously preparing for life without krejci and bergeron. True, their times' not over yet, and hopefully won't be for the next few years, but trading away solid prospects like Frederic and JFK, who CAN play as natural, all-rounded centers, isn't a good idea.

I dunno how they could make any trades for centers work without overpaying out the backside though

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ryan Spooner to NYI for Cal Clutterbuck
Riley Nash, Frank Vatrano and a 2nd to Minnesota for Chris Stewart

Maybe we have a chat with NYR for Grabner

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i think it's an overpayment, because i value frederic higher than even jfk, but the structure is something i thought people could work with. naturally, there are players i'd rather move. i also have an inordinately high opinion of bjugstad.

You just answered your own question in regards to why I wouldn’t do the trade. It is an overpayment even with Beleskey included and I don’t think the Panthers would have any interest in him anyway.

In addition, I am very high on Frederic. Within a short period of time, I think he will be better than Bjugstad and I wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice he and DeBrusk because the the B’s are shorthanded at C presently.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I wouldn't mind a trade to shore up depth in our middle 6. I don't know what is available right now, and reasonably only teams in panic mode because of injuries are looking to make trades this early in the season. But we definitely are in a position of strength to make a trade that works for the team now and in the future. Reasonably we have 2 or 3 spots opening up on D and 6 prospects that look like they could one day be on the team, 3 of which have a very high value in Urho, Lauzon, and Zboril. Our wing prospects are in a similar situation, even at center we have JFK, Frederick, Studnicka, and Donato and they won't all fit into the Bruin's future plans although I wouldn't be looking to trade a center as they are the furthest away from reaching the team and is a position we are going to have to fill in short time.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I don't think you can trade players that are injured.
I doubt they trade any of the significant players (top 6 forwards, top 4 defensemen), as others have said robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I think you are looking at Draft picks and AHL prospects, which means if there is a trade, it won't be a significant player coming in.
If a trade is made, I will expect a 3rd line center.

If Sweeney knew that Backes was going to be out, he should have made the trade before he went out for surgery. Even if they had
to delay the announcement a few days.
I'm not saying put Backes health in jeopardy by delaying his surgery.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
You just answered your own question in regards to why I wouldn’t do the trade. It is an overpayment even with Beleskey included and I don’t think the Panthers would have any interest in him anyway.

In addition, I am very high on Frederic. Within a short period of time, I think he will be better than Bjugstad and I wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice he and DeBrusk because the the B’s are shorthanded at C presently.

i like jfk and studnicka a lot, and don't like the idea of banking on every given amateur piece to pan out in such a fluid, exact way. as i said, i believe bjugstad is what you hope frederic becomes, and very well may not. bjugstad's only 25. you could be right about frederic being better, but who knows. the bruins have somewhat of a glut of young forwards. koppanen shouldn't be forgotten either, a big, skilled center that's already signed an elc with the club.

regardless, if i'm narrowing down the group, i keep cehlarik, bjork, and heinen over debrusk. and i keep jfk and studnicka over frederic. so if we're moving pieces from the 'cabinet', that's where i stand on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->