Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Perhaps if Krejci can't find any players to play with... We should help him out and ship him to a different team
Well, according to some the Bruins can't win a playoff series without Krejci.

Doesn't matter the return.

Might as well fold the franchise when he retires.

:sarcasm:
Well the question is, if Krejci is willing to waive and is traded, who replaces him? Spooner? JFK?

Does Krejci give the Bruins a better chance to win than JFK and Spooner? If those two can't replace Krejci right now, would the return the Bruins receive by trading Krejci plus the assets the Bruins use to trade for a #2C make them a better team now and in the future?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I love Lucic as well, but I don't see Edmonton moving him, nor does Boston really have room for him at LW moving forward, they are set at LW IMO.

Chiarelli may love him, but he is going to have to do something to clear cap space, whether that's Lucic, Nugent-Hopkins, Maroon...

We know from personal experience that it probably does not mean Chiarelli's going to trim around the edges and move someone like Russell. If anything, he's going to move one really good player for several role playing/complementary types to help balance out his lineup and add depth.

Honestly, I think Edmonton would have been our perfect trade partner, provided Cam could get over his issues with Peter or look at it as a way to get the best of him. Problem is, I think Edmonton is turning things around. A month ago, I would have said they'd be all over our veteran depth, but they've called up some guys and added some depth with Cammalleri who's playing better of late. They've now got McDavid, Draisatl and NuHop at center so all three lines are driven by dynamic offensive players...

I still think they're eventually going to need to make a move that sends out a big contract but if they get it going consistently that move could probably wait until after the season.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Well the question is, if Krejci is willing to waive and is traded, who replaces him? Spooner? JFK?

Does Krejci give the Bruins a better chance to win than JFK and Spooner? If those two can't replace Krejci right now, would the return the Bruins receive by trading Krejci plus the assets the Bruins use to trade for a #2C make them a better team now and in the future?

They'd obviously have to get a center back. The last time we talked about moving Krejci it was so that they could add Nugent-Hopkins.

At the time, somebody mentioned we might as well give up all hope of winning a playoff series if we move Krejci and that bugged me but I lost track of the post and didn't reply. The Lucic/Krejci talk today reminded me and I've been sitting on that snarky retort for a month so I had to get it out!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
They'd obviously have to get a center back. The last time we talked about moving Krejci it was so that they could add Nugent-Hopkins.

At the time, somebody mentioned we might as well give up all hope of winning a playoff series if we move Krejci and that bugged me but I lost track of the post and didn't reply. The Lucic/Krejci talk today reminded me and I've been sitting on that snarky retort for a month so I had to get it out!
That's fair. I think right now, since Cehlarik's injury, Krejci's line seems to be the most underwhelming out of the other two top 9 lines. Hopefully they can start building some chemistry together. It'd be a shame if Bjork is the odd man out.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Certainly I can't be the only one who isn't interested in adding another $5M+ winger to this team. We've already seen significant contributions from our youth in that area (between DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork and Cehlarik... With my hopes still being high for Vatrano) AND have big money tied up in Pastrnak, Marchand and Backes. Another big add to the wings seems both frivolous and a poor allocation of cap.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I for one don't want to trade Krejci. I just want him to be able to stay healthy.

He helps brings a calm presence to the Bruins at times. When players get running around like its a mad scramble to get a hold of the puck, Here comes Krejci and he just seems with his calm demeanor to settle everything back-down. He's really good on draws and usually makes the right play and is very good defensively as well

It wouldn't kill me if he is traded as long as the return was good .

Krejci inability to stay healthy is his major flaw which will obviously make it harder to trade him along with his NMC but I just want a healthy Krejci first and foremost. The Bruins a much better team when theirs a Healthy Krejci.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Certainly I can't be the only one who isn't interested in adding another $5M+ winger to this team. We've already seen significant contributions from our youth in that area (between DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork and Cehlarik... With my hopes still being high for Vatrano) AND have big money tied up in Pastrnak, Marchand and Backes. Another big add to the wings seems both frivolous and a poor allocation of cap.

I am with you- a) we don't have the cap space to do it and no real hope of getting it this season outside of moving someone we don't want to lose (because no one is taking Beleskey's salary on and Spooner doesn't get you close enough) and b) you nailed it with the forward corps we have-4 young wingers that have proven they can play in the NHL, 5 if you count Frank.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
That's fair. I think right now, since Cehlarik's injury, Krejci's line seems to be the most underwhelming out of the other two top 9 lines. Hopefully they can start building some chemistry together. It'd be a shame if Bjork is the odd man out.

I think Bjork right now is way out of wack he just seems to go go go with no plan. He has great tools but hasn't been able to hone them yet. He seems lost at times in all 3 zones and the only thing that saves him is his skill set but eventually he 'll cost the Bruins an important game but thats all part of his growing progress. I'd really like to see him have a two week stint down to Providence as it will really help his growth.

Reactions: Absurdity

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think Bjork right now is way out of wack he just seems to go go go with no plan. He has great tools but hasn't been able to hone them yet. He seems lost at times in all 3 zones and the only thing that saves him is his skill set but eventually he 'll cost the Bruins an important game but thats all part of his growing progress. I'd really like to see him have a two week stint down to Providence as it will really help his growth.

I'm coming around to this. I'm still high on the kid but he looks a bit lost out there at times. Given they're winning and don't appear to be interested in improving the team via trade, they can probably afford to keep giving him the ice though he might be better off development-wise with a stint in the AHL to get some confidence back. He seemed much more effective at the start of the season.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I for one don't want to trade Krejci. I just want him to be able to stay healthy.

He helps brings a calm presence to the Bruins at times. When players get running around like its a mad scramble to get a hold of the puck, Here comes Krejci and he just seems with his calm demeanor to settle everything back-down. He's really good on draws and usually makes the right play and is very good defensively as well

It wouldn't kill me if he is traded as long as the return was good .

Krejci inability to stay healthy is his major flaw which will obviously make it harder to trade him along with his NMC but I just want a healthy Krejci first and foremost. The Bruins a much better team when theirs a Healthy Krejci.

Agreed. But especially with his contract, you're not getting a good return unless you retain at least 20%, and even then you're probably not getting a lot. The time to trade him was in 2013, we traded Seguin instead and signed him long term. Not here to bicker on whether it was the right or wrong one, but we committed to that.

The problem with Krejci isn't Krejci, it's his health like you said. He's a great player and our offensive depth is destroyed without him. He's putting up a pretty good season, 12 points in 16 games, and he's playing with 2 rookies. Really, if you look around the league, you'd be hard pressed to find a center who has done so much with so little as Krejci the past few years. He's a great player, underrated in all 3 zones. He just can't stay healthy. Really hope he can tough it out for the rest of the season.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Before I retort remember I have very little faith in most of our prospects. Of the ones you list I like DeBrusk and have come around on Heinen. Bjork needs time in the AHL, Cehlarik im far from sold on and Vatrano looks to be playing his way out of town.

That said I do take a run at a power forward who can play on the top two lines. You have to figure out who is really available. I love the Lucic idea but realize it will not happen, Maroon is a possibility and I would add him in a second, not a fan of .Kane but I think he would make them better. There are options out there that can make this team better, I wouldn't fall in love with unproven talent when real players could be available to make them better.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Before I retort remember I have very little faith in most of our prospects. Of the ones you list I like DeBrusk and have come around on Heinen. Bjork needs time in the AHL, Cehlarik im far from sold on and Vatrano looks to be playing his way out of town.

That said I do take a run at a power forward who can play on the top two lines. You have to figure out who is really available. I love the Lucic idea but realize it will not happen, Maroon is a possibility and I would add him in a second, not a fan of .Kane but I think he would make them better. There are options out there that can make this team better, I wouldn't fall in love with unproven talent when real players could be available to make them better.

I basically just wish they had the Matt Beleksey from his first 2/3rds of a season in Boston in the top 9. The top 9 is a little soft, BUT, its not like its Ryan Spooner soft all over, either.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Fenian - I have a few comments/questions for you.

1. I understand you are ready to unload "unproven assets" for a guy like Maroon. Did you happen to catch the commentary on Beleskey during the game last night? Part of the reason he is struggling is that he was brought in when Claude was coach - when the Bruins were playing a more grinding/north south game...and now with Cassidy he is having a hard time figuring things out. A nearly $4m veteran waived to Providence. What if a guy like Maroon comes to Boston and doesn't fit?

2.As for your comment that you have "very little faith in most of our prospects"....are you aware that DeBrusk, who you actually like, had a very slow start to his AHL career? But he really picked up his game in the 2nd half and finished with a respectable rookie season - all thanks to hard work, patience and good coaching? Now look at him. He continues to impact every game. Likewise, Zach Senyshyn is having an almost identical season in Providence - started very slow (statistically) but through hard work and patience, he is putting the pieces together. He scored again last night and has been a ppg player for the last ten games. Danton Heinen had to work hard on his game to get where he is right now and he continues to get better through hard work. Even Jakob Zboril is hitting his stride.

You know who else had a slow start to his career and took time to develop? Brad Marchand - and now he is the best LW in the NHL.

3. Based on my comments above - would you be able to sleep at night if we moved a young forward for Maroon - only to have him struggle - and our former prospect we sent turns out to be a star in the end?

If the Bruins move one of our budding forwards or D, it has to be for a player that fits into the current Bruins make-up. You keep saying the Bruins lack size and toughness. Beleskey has size and toughness...and where is he right now?

Reactions: Chief Nine and DKH

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
No to trading McQuaid unless you get a hard nosed, younger guy in the process. I can't take watching players crash the Bruins crease willingly.

Any you have your eye on?

Unrelated to McQuaid, I think getting a younger guy to fill that role sooner rather than later would be a smart move.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. He seems like a good guy.

If he finds his game in Providence, and if he can return to the 1 season Bruins Beleskey we saw, he'd be a nice add later in the season. That's best case scenario though. And those are a couple of big IF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad