Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Dreger said during the 1st intermission of the BOS vs. DET game that he believes it is likely the Bruins will waive Beleskey within the next week.

Yeah I heard that too, at this point it may be the only logical choice and who knows maybe we get lucky and some team needing Forward depth may take a chance and claim him off waivers.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
with cap going up would we be agreeable to this deal with ottawa

bobby ryan signed 4 years at 7.25
dion phaneuf 50% retained 3x3.5
and a lottery protected first round pick

total cap hit for next 3 years 10.75

in exchange for

matt belesky 3.8x2
adam mcquaid 2.75x1
and ryan spooner rfa

wed be gambling bigtime that ryan could turn his game around playing with krejci... hope phaneuf finds chemistry with mcavoy or carlo

i admittedly am a past fan of both ryan and phaneuf.

this trade puts size and toughness in our lineup without sacraficing speed and skill

i think this trade makes us legitimate cup contenders... but its expensive cap hit for sure

Two older and slower players. I'm not sure how much toughness you get out of those two. Bruins actually get softer losing McQuaid.

No way do I want to pay 10.5 million a year for the next 3 years for Ryan and Phaneuf.

If it's salary the Bruins want to drop, they can simply not qualify Spooner this summer, and McQuaid is easily moved with just this year and one more year remaining.

Reactions: DKH

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Everyone's dumb but you apparently so I floated your Lucic deal on the Main thread - I wrote it up as fair as I could.
I'll give my take later
It was not my idea...It was Fenian 24....I just put in the players that Chiarelli was rumored to like. Last week he was rumored to like Heinen and Cehlarik and yesterday i read they liked Vetrano....AND, the Edmonton fans have a thread about trading Lucic....Beleskey is a salary dump for us. In that context the deal makes sense.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It was not my idea...It was Fenian 24....I just put in the players that Chiarelli was rumored to like. Last week he was rumored to like Heinen and Cehlarik and yesterday i read they liked Vetrano....AND, the Edmonton fans have a thread about trading Lucic....Beleskey is a salary dump for us. In that context the deal makes sense.
Ok. I'm still chuckling over him pronouncing Senyshyn & Zboril busts when both are coming along not well but very well:naughty:

Can't wait to read the spin

Reactions: veganbruin

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I will lose my shit if we get Lucic. Too long a term and $$$. He's 29 and he won't be getting any faster. Especially if it's for any of the young prospects. Doesn't make any sense for the style play the bruins have been executing which emphasis speed and puck pursuit. Still say we go after M Stone. Vatrano Spooner and Beleskey.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I've actually been giving some thought to Lucic myself... I was thinking more along the lines of them retaining 40-50% but swapping Beleskey is an interesting idea.

Regardless, the way I see it they haven't found anyone to play with Krejci yet. DeBrusk does better away from 46 and vice versa. We know 17 & 46 have great chemistry and love playing together. Lucic is not what he once was but I think people hold that against him, like he should be this raging bull 22 year old forever...

Just look at what he is now, a guy who puts up ~20 goals and ~50 points every year, who finishes top10 in the league for hits every year, a guy who can get a building rocking and who will occasionally scare the shit out of the opposition. I think that's easily worth $3m or $4m. The points alone are worth that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've actually been giving some thought to Lucic myself... I was thinking more along the lines of them retaining 40-50% but swapping Beleskey is an interesting idea.

Regardless, the way I see it they haven't found anyone to play with Krejci yet. DeBrusk does better away from 46 and vice versa. We know 17 & 46 have great chemistry and love playing together. Lucic is not what he once was but I think people hold that against him, like he should be this raging bull 22 year old forever...

Just look at what he is now, a guy who puts up ~20 goals and ~50 points every year, who finishes top10 in the league for hits every year, a guy who can get a building rocking and who will occasionally scare the **** out of the opposition. I think that's easily worth $3m or $4m. The points alone are worth that.
The Oilers fans in the thread all seemed to like Lucic and didn't want him traded - like 10 for 10.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I am against the Lucic thing. Love him, still wear my "Lucic's crew" tee shirt proudly, but that ship has sailed a long time ago. He's 29 and paid a lot of dough for a long time. No thanks.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Oilers fans in the thread all seemed to like Lucic and didn't want him traded - like 10 for 10.

Exactly.

Lucic is 3rd on their team in scoring, on pace for almost 20 goals and 60 points.

He's 6th among all NHL forwards in hits, (behind such luminaries like Ryan Reeves, Martin, and Rinaldo) and only he and Dustin Brown have more than 20 points and 90 hits.

Guy is still a one of a kind player in this league, and still effective. Why would a struggling team want to shed one of it's better forwards?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Exactly.

Lucic is 3rd on their team in scoring, on pace for almost 20 goals and 60 points.

He's 6th among all NHL forwards in hits, (behind such luminaries like Ryan Reeves, Martin, and Rinaldo) and only he and Dustin Brown have more than 20 points and 90 hits.

Guy is still a one of a kind player in this league, and still effective. Why would a struggling team want to shed one of it's better forwards?

Exactly. He is earning his dough and won't be moved. I can't see a trade between Chiarelli and our organization.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
If anyone on Detroit is untouchable, then it's Larkin. He's one of the few bright spots in that organization.
I would say Mantha as well. They have a few nice kids to build around but they need a great DMAN. They have nobody now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly.

I love Lucic. I love Seguin. That 2011 nucleus - Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Seguin, Marchand looked like it had another Cup or two or three in them.

But Lucic is 29 and looking at big coin going forward

The left side is deep and I still believe Donato ends up there

Reactions: BruinDust

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I like Pageau. Wonder if he could be had without subtracting much off the current roster.

I'd suggest Spooner but if the Sens don't want money back then if might not work. Spooner makes almost the same as Pageau and is due a 3 million qualifying offer with arbitration rights.

Yes that is exactly the kind of move that would make sense for both teams. I don't think Spooner ever becomes an effective Center here in Boston, he needs a shot somewhere else. Pageau with Heinen and Backes would be an interesting 3rd line to watch.

Reactions: DKH

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Perhaps if Krejci can't find any players to play with... We should help him out and ship him to a different team
The team started playing way better, and winning consistently when Krejci came back.
He gives strength down the middle. Unless you can get back a better center, then why ?
And from what others have stated on here, he ain't waiving his no movement clause.
Perhaps this is just a comment tossed out there.

Reactions: sarge88

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I love Lucic. I love Seguin. That 2011 nucleus - Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Seguin, Marchand looked like it had another Cup or two or three in them.

But Lucic is 29 and looking at big coin going forward

The left side is deep and I still believe Donato ends up there

I love Lucic as well, but I don't see Edmonton moving him, nor does Boston really have room for him at LW moving forward, they are set at LW IMO.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We have a better chance of seeing Jimmy Hayes back in a Bruins uniform than we do Lucic.

Chiarelli made that mess (6/36?), let him live with it
Absolutely. I believe any discussion about Lucic coming back to Boston (regardless of whether one is pro or con) is a complete waste of time. Don't think there is any chance of it happening.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Too bad Beleskey didn't get sent to Providence two months ago to see if he could get it going again. Its gotta be mental.

Id do Looch for Matty B & Vatrano certainly but Edmonton never would for reasons mentioned. Not Spoons tho. Not sure my wife could handle me yelling at 17 to move his feet tho.

Its a tough call on making moves this season. Stick as we are and see how the kids do in 2nd Season but likely "waste" quality year of main crew. Or make two moves, quality D and quality F, and make a serious push. Im in camp #2. Only reason to lace up is the Cup. I just hope they don't screw around and make any gray area moves.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->