Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Little premature to declare them busts especially when all look like they have the requisite skills to play in the NHL

Hamilton is a world class pusssy with the **** he and his mother pulled on Boston

I hate the puke because of it

My lasting image is that 6'5" ginger feather getting abused by Nathan Gerbe

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Cannot believe we are talking Dougie Hamilton return in this thread -- those picks need time and certainly show some potential.

In the meantime, Dougie Hamilton is NOT a first pairing defenseman. He's a soft player who skates well and has decent offensive capabilities. However he's also a guy who, despite being completely protected on a deep Calgary D squad, has average stats of a 2nd pairing guy. By the way, those stats are when compared against Calgary D -- not league wide D. When you do that he's not much of anything at all.

That's not just stat picking. Watching several Calgary games shows that he continues to be what we knew: a pretty soft offense minded D man who doesn't much like his own end or playing hard hockey.

If the Hamilton trade is an example of Sweeney's inability to manage a trade, then I'm not quite sold.

Reactions: zaYG and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But if there's no "need" to make a trade, and thus they shouldn't make one until there is a "need", wouldn't that trade then be a "panic" trade as their need will clearly be known?

I ask these questions because when the team was struggling and also had some injuries, some guys defended inaction by saying he shouldn't trade when they're losing as it would be a panic move. I've never put any stock in that argument, but it still seemed to imply that the time to make a trade is when you're winning, which I generally agree with. And now they're on a little roll, and now we hear a trade now would ALSO be "panic" because they don't "need" anything?

My point is simple. This is not a perfect team, and like any team, it can improve. If I were GM I'd be using windows like this where all the prospects look good to try to make trades to improve the roster. I wouldn't assume all my rookies were going to continue on the same trajectory - I would trust my scouting team and if any of these guys are maybe punching above their weight, I'd try to capitalize.
I would look around

Maybe try and steal Marner from Leafs

He's on a 6 goal pace and may be a perimeter player

Get him in here send him to Providence and have him taught like Senyshyn is to take puck to middle

Another guy I inquire about is Hannifan - belongs here

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I would look around

Maybe try and steal Marner from Leafs

He's on a 6 goal pace and may be a perimeter player

Get him in here send him to Providence and have him taught like Senyshyn is to take puck to middle

Another guy I inquire about is Hannifan - belongs here

Marners game has picked up quite a bit sense the start of the season. I think your right though as some seasoning may have did him some good but he's starting to go to the dirty areas a little more as the season progresses so one would think his goal total will start to rise.(Hes also been in and out of Bobcack dog House.)

I feel he'd flourish with Bergy and March. He has a tremendous hockey IQ but I think it would take a kings ransom to get him out of Toronto.

Although the perimeter player maybe right on cue and the Leafs could sell high on him. I watch a lot of the leafs and keep waiting for him to take charge. I feel his shot isn't an NHL shot yet, he has tremendous play-making skills and is a great passer but needs to work on his shot if he's ever going to be a goalscorer in this league or get some Branden Gallagher or Theo Fleury grit and go to those dirty areas more often.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marners game has picked up quite a bit sense the start of the season. I think your right though as some seasoning may have did him some good but he's starting to go to the dirty areas a little more as the season progresses so one would think his goal total will start to rise.

I feel he'd flourish with Bergy and March. He has a tremendous hockey IQ but I think it would take a kings ransom to get him out of Toronto.

Although the perimeter player maybe right on cue and the Leafs could sell high on him. I watch a lot of the leafs and keep waiting for him to take charge. I feel his shot isn't an NHL shot yet, he has tremendous play-making skills and is a great passer but needs to work on his shot if he's ever going to be a goalscorer in this league or get some Branden Gallagher or Theo Fleury grit and go to those dirty areas more often.
Eventually Leafs fans will turn on him

Bjork-JFK - Marner next year will be a fast and skilled third line

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Seriously people?? How many times does a moderator have to come on here and tell everyone to stay on topic?

This is a thread for Bruins trade rumours and proposals.

It is NOT a thread to ***** about the draft, Don Sweeney’s “failures”, former players... and (possibly least of all) Matt ****ing Barzal.

I HATE handing out infractions, especially to good posters who know better. Please, for the love of Holy Christmas, don't put me or any of this moderating team in that position... Especially when it's so clearly easy to avoid.

Didn't work. Please try again.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
bjork, zboril and next year’s 1st for e. kane (extended). would have to be another deal to create some space under the cap, but i’d be more than happy with something like that
after the roster freeze. should try to poach him before the deadline.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
bjork, zboril and next year’s 1st for e. kane (extended). would have to be another deal to create some space under the cap, but i’d be more than happy with something like that

would personally hate that trade.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

If it takes a 1st round selection, a 1st round pick, and a rookie who's likely the equivalent of a mid-1st round pick in any draft to get an injury prone Mayweather-wannabe who's having a career season (in an all-too-convenient contract year), I'd rather ask the Senators what the price would be to get Chris Kelly back here.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
TSN speculating that the Sens could trade some role players. Pageau would be a very solid pickup. Money playoff player. One of the best 3rd/4th liners. Sizeable improvement over Nash especially in the post-season.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
TSN speculating that the Sens could trade some role players. Pageau would be a very solid pickup. Money playoff player. One of the best 3rd/4th liners. Sizeable improvement over Nash especially in the post-season.

I like Pageau. Wonder if he could be had without subtracting much off the current roster.

I'd suggest Spooner but if the Sens don't want money back then if might not work. Spooner makes almost the same as Pageau and is due a 3 million qualifying offer with arbitration rights.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
According to Insider Trading, Nucks and Blues are looking for Top 9 forwards. Spooner might be a nice fit for either of them- what would we want to make that happen? I'd suggest Beleskey but no one is looking for a top 18 forward right now

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
According to Insider Trading, Nucks and Blues are looking for Top 9 forwards. Spooner might be a nice fit for either of them- what would we want to make that happen? I'd suggest Beleskey but no one is looking for a top 18 forward right now
Vatrano will probably be of interest for teams. He's cheap and still has potential.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Vatrano will probably be of interest for teams. He's cheap and still has potential.

Not a bad thought. Something is going to have to give with our roster the way it stands now. I suck at deal speculation, so no idea what Vatrano would fetch in return- a prospect, a mid-round pick?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

IMO Spooner is basically worth as close to zero as you can get. And by zero I don't mean Beleskey zero...he has negative value thanks to his contract. I mean that if you called every GM in the league, I bet roughly half would say "sure I'll take him and pay him $2.8M", and the other half would say "I'd rather have $2.8M cap space." So trading him to me isn't giving up value and it's not going to get you anything back, but you might be able to get someone to just take him and give you cap space.

But I think one argument to keep him here in Boston is that this GM doesn't seem keen on making moves, so what's the benefit of cap space at this point? May as well let him play out the year as forward insurance and you can ditch him in the summer if you have to extend anyone.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Not a bad thought. Something is going to have to give with our roster the way it stands now. I suck at deal speculation, so no idea what Vatrano would fetch in return- a prospect, a mid-round pick?
If Jimmy Murphy is to be believed, he believes the asking price from the Bruins seems to be higher than expected. I'm not so sure what Vatrano's value may be, but I'm guessing a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd be surprised if he returned a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: Dr Hook

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Wonder if there's a trade with Ottawa. Despite being in the same division, I think the 2 franchises probably could find a deal. Specially if it's roster players from there coming here, and prospects heading back that way.

Pageau anyone? I'd love him at 3C. 200 foot game too. I'd give up quite a few prospects to get him too. Plus I guess something to make the cap work. At 3.1m he's got a pretty cap friendly deal too.
No thanks.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I dont think he is a sizeable improvement over Nash at all.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I dont think he is a sizeable improvement over Nash at all.

I wouldn't say he's a massive improvement, but he's a better player than Riley Nash. Better goal scorer and point producer. Pageau's GPG the last two seasons is almost 80% higher than Nash, his PPG is 60% higher.

Riley Nash couldn't score 4 goals in a playoff game in his dreams.

He's a better face-off man as well, at 53.5% over the last two years.

Question is, at 3.5 million per this year and the next two years, is Pageau a big enough upgrade on Nash now at 900k, and on JFK in the years moving forward.

Now that I think about it, I'd pass.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But I think one argument to keep him here in Boston is that this GM doesn't seem keen on making moves, so what's the benefit of cap space at this point? May as well let him play out the year as forward insurance and you can ditch him in the summer if you have to extend anyone.

I think Sweeney makes a move that makes sense for the long-term, but I agree he isn't a wheeler-dealer type. As much as I don't like Spooner, it was a relief to see him back when we basically had half a PBruins roster up front earlier in the year. Maybe it makes sense to keep him as insurance. If he really doesn't have any trade value, then sure, keep him. I'd have to think some team out there that needs scoring and another PP option might give something for him.

Reactions: zaYG

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Sweeney makes a move that makes sense for the long-term, but I agree he isn't a wheeler-dealer type. As much as I don't like Spooner, it was a relief to see him back when we basically had half a PBruins roster up front earlier in the year. Maybe it makes sense to keep him as insurance. If he really doesn't have any trade value, then sure, keep him. I'd have to think some team out there that needs scoring and another PP option might give something for him.

Sweeney doesn't seem to be a wheeler-dealer type, but I'd like to see him become more of a "tinkerer" outside of just the trade deadline and July 1st.

His only in-season move outside of last minute at the trade deadline has been a waiver claim on Landon Ferraro.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Sweeney doesn't seem to be a wheeler-dealer type, but I'd like to see him become more of a "tinkerer" outside of just the trade deadline and July 1st.

His only in-season move outside of last minute at the trade deadline has been a waiver claim on Landon Ferraro.

Wow- hadn't thought of the larger picture, but that is definitely inactivity. From a fan perspective I agree with you; I always feel like there are one or two deals to be made that might give us a bit more outside of the core players and the youth that need to play. I like Schaller well enough, but I have to think, to use him as an example, that we could do better at that salary/term if a player became available either through a low-level trade or a waiver pick up.. There must be a reason behind it but what that it is I can't imagine. (and no, I don't think he is afraid to make a deal as I know some will say that)

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
If it takes a 1st round selection, a 1st round pick, and a rookie who's likely the equivalent of a mid-1st round pick in any draft to get an injury prone Mayweather-wannabe who's having a career season (in an all-too-convenient contract year), I'd rather ask the Senators what the price would be to get Chris Kelly back here.

i think on a line with bergeron and marchand, even if you view him long term mostly as a passenger type, his shot and straight ahead speed alone would lead to more production than their recent linemates. i don’t think bjork’s ceiling is as dominant a player as kane’s is when he’s on, he’s a ridiculously athletic player that can dig pucks out and create offense by himself. i don’t recall people being upset about horton’s reputation when he was brought in, and even when he was here posters regarded him as ‘lazy’, same rep he had with fla fans at times. i view him as a long-term, already proven investment, and personally, the team could use some personality imo, but that’s aside from the real value. and metrically, he’s driven offense as much as anyone but eichel and is a monster retriaval player. i like him. would overpay for him to be here long-term. reputation is a dumb reason to discount raw skill and ability to produce.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
i think on a line with bergeron and marchand, even if you view him long term mostly as a passenger type, his shot and straight ahead speed alone would lead to more production than their recent linemates. i don’t think bjork’s ceiling is as dominant a player as kane’s is when he’s on, he’s a ridiculously athletic player that can dig pucks out and create offense by himself. i don’t recall people being upset about horton’s reputation when he was brought in, and even when he was here posters regarded him as ‘lazy’, same rep he had with fla fans at times. i view him as a long-term, already proven investment, and personally, the team could use some personality imo, but that’s aside from the real value. and metrically, he’s driven offense as much as anyone but eichel and is a monster retriaval player. i like him. would overpay for him to be here long-term. reputation is a dumb reason to discount raw skill and ability to produce.

Reputation is the least of my concerns. We employ Brad Marchand. Look how many games he's missed over the past 4-5 years... From eyeballing it, almost 100. Also, besides the lockout season and his sophomore season, he's put up pretty disappointing offensive numbers for the price it would take to get him extended.

I really don't care that much about his personality. If he wants to put up 30 goal/60+ points while putting up pictures of him calling someone with a stack of cash, eat your heart out. But I would be upset if we gave up a top 3 prospect on this team, a 1st round defenseman who the jury is still out on, and a 1st round pick especially considering we've hit quite a few home runs there.

I don't want to give a streaky, injury prone player who so happens to also be a distraction at times a big, long term contract when he could miss 30-40 games every year. We're already doing that with Krejci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad