Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Since half of your posts, or more, are in jest, I can't tell if you're serious with these offers. Would you honestly be willing to give up McAvoy for OEL, or are you just saying that Arizona wouldn't give up OEL for anyone less?
I would not give up McAvoy any more than I'd sell my dog for a blank check to Michael Vick.

McAvoy and Pastrnak are in my mental vault

If I became managing partner of the Arizona Coyotes today I sure as well am telling my GM the only way OEL is going is for guys like McAvoy and Pastrnak

McAvoy and Keller are tight so I'd look there is Boston was persistent

I'm looking to add to OEL if I'm owning Arizona

I'm not being someone's bitch in Boston

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He's a top 10 but Keith is near end and Burns at 33 will be trending down

If I own OEL I want serious serious talent coming back

You make my Pastrnak deal you have McAvoy & OEL and Domi or Dvorak as a third line center and who can jump up

If I owned OEL I'd want serious talent coming back too. And I'd ask for Pasta or McAvoy first too. But if I'm Sweeney there's no chance I give up McAvoy and Pasta seems close to that status. I'd have to know I was winning a deal.

If Arizona is looking to make some changes in their youth, I'd make a lot of decent assets available, including any rookie not named McAvoy, any dman not named McAvoy, any forward not named Marchand, Bergeron or Pastrnak, any prospect and any pick.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Don Maloney: Firing by Arizona Coyotes 'not unexpected'

Sadly Don is no longer in charge so I will since I'm great at this stuff and probably better than Maloney

To procure my 26 year old stud defenseman I want

1. McAvoy, Bjork, Vakkainenen for OEL and a draft pick not a first

2. Pastrnak & Carlo for OEL and Domi
I am not here to kiss my sister. Let the Arizona GM go get a better offer. I am sure Chiarelli will give him Draisital (sp) and Nurse......

My last offer....KRUG, BJORK, ZBORIL and my number one. There, i over paid.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I owned OEL I'd want serious talent coming back too. And I'd ask for Pasta or McAvoy first too. But if I'm Sweeney there's no chance I give up McAvoy and Pasta seems close to that status. I'd have to know I was winning a deal.

If Arizona is looking to make some changes in their youth, I'd make a lot of decent assets available, including any rookie not named McAvoy, any dman not named McAvoy, any forward not named Marchand, Bergeron or Pastrnak, any prospect and any pick.
Bingo exactly 100% how I feel

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Sadly Don is no longer in charge so I will since I'm great at this stuff and probably better than Maloney

With OEL being an unrestricted FA after next season there's no way I do either of these deals. Big OEL fan, but not enough to give Pasta or McAvoy away for no more than 1 3/4 guaranteed yrs of OEL. OEL will more than likely be dealt this yr or next and I wouldn't think considering his contract status the return will be a player the caliber of McAvoy or Pasta but rather picks and prospects who has yet to make their NHL debut or mark in the NHL.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not here to kiss my sister. Let the Arizona GM go get a better offer. I am sure Chiarelli will give him Draisital (sp) and Nurse......

My last offer....KRUG, BJORK, ZBORIL and my number one. There, i over paid.
But you are not overpaying

Three of the assets are Zboril Bjork and a first

We know little what they will be

Krug you don't even like

Run this on Main Board where there are serious hard core hockey fans who would know the value

I don't see how a deal can be done without McAvoy or Pastrnak

The good news it could be expanded to fill holes on both teams

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With OEL being an unrestricted FA after next season there's no way I do either of these deals. Big OEL fan, but not enough to give Pasta or McAvoy away for no more than 1 3/4 guaranteed yrs of OEL. OEL will more than likely be dealt this yr or next and I wouldn't think considering his contract status the return will be a player the caliber of McAvoy or Pasta but rather picks and prospects who has yet to make their NHL debut or mark in the NHL.
Here is the silver lining

If he's not dealt and starts next year in Arizona and some of Boston young players not named Pastrnak & McAvoy take a significant jump you can then use your prospect and young chest to go get them

The deal for OEL would be next year not this and would be based on Arizona coveting Boston young players like Carlo, Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork and the kids to be signed out of college and in the AHL

If DeBrusk looks like a 30 goal scorer and you will include a young highly thought of defenseman then it changes

But OEL needs to be close to UFA status and Boston guys need to be doing it in NHL taking a jump like Pastrnak did or near that level

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

If he's not dealt and starts next year in Arizona and some of Boston young players not named Pastrnak & McAvoy take a significant jump you can then use your prospect and young chest to go get them

The deal for OEL would be next year not this and would be based on Arizona coveting Boston young players like Carlo, Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork and the kids to be signed out of college and in the AHL

If DeBrusk looks like a 30 goal scorer and you will include a young highly thought of defenseman then it changes

But OEL needs to be close to UFA status and Boston guys need to be doing it in NHL taking a jump like Pastrnak did or near that level

Agree!

There will be quite a bidding war for him but it'll be interesting with Karlsson, Doughty, and McDonough as well, all having the possibility of being UFA after the 2018-19 season.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

except the plan is OEL has informed them he'll be there longer term, which likely eliminates UFA Status in 2019..... you do realize his younger brother is in the organization as well

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
except the plan is OEL has informed them he'll be there longer term, which likely eliminates UFA Status in 2019..... you do realize his younger brother is in the organization as well
No I don't

I'm assuming he wants out because that seems to be the premise

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No I don't

I'm assuming he wants out because that seems to be the premise
the reason is the same, think about this: how would we feel as Bruin fans if your franchise is as unstable as Arizona has been and has its own thread, constantly fighting off relocation, swapping ownership/bankruptcy procedures, even though publically stating they're committed to the state

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

We know little what they will be...

Whoa, whoa whoa.

He's not overpaying because the bulk of his offer is made up of futures?

I could have sworn someone on HFBoards said that Sweeney knocked it out of the park when he dealt Lucic and Hamilton for futures. :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Whoa, whoa whoa.

He's not overpaying because the bulk of his offer is made up of futures?

I could have sworn someone on HFBoards said that Sweeney knocked it out of the park when he dealt Lucic and Hamilton for futures. :naughty:
Based on Lucic impending UFA and Hamilton and agent end run to force Sweeney to deal him to Edmonton

I'm playing GM

I don't have to trade OEL and certainly not for that package

Lucic went for Martin Jones, Colin Miller, 13th overall

Hamilton got 1 (15), 2 (45), and (52) and was threatening to sign an offer sheet that would have been paid out a year later and the picks worse

I read Spitfire post here 'last' year when these guys were 19 a complete bust so little showmanship on my part

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

That seems silly to me.

When was the last time a veteran 1 year from free agency brought back a young, legitimate 1st line winger OR a young, legitimate #1 defenseman? Not a maybe-when-he-gets-to-the-NHL prospect, but a guy who's already playing at that level in the NHL right now.

I can't ever recall it happening.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Based on Lucic impending UFA and Hamilton and agent end run to force Sweeney to deal him to Edmonton...

Well, they could have just matched Hamilton's offer if they really wanted to keep him.

And OEL is a pending UFA, 1 year away, similar to Lucic. So a similar discount should apply, no?

Fwiw, I think it was silly to claim the returns a bust last year. IMHO, they've done a great job maximizing the return on those picks and drafting in general. It really is remarkable how many players it looks like they're going to hit on.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Return on OEL should be reflective of his FA status, but sometimes we're surprised. IMO, the time to acquire OEL may have passed unless you're a team with a tremendous opportunity to win it this year and he's the piece that makes you the favorite. Simply too much chance he becomes a rental.

Could wait for FA when OEL, Doughty, McDonagh, Karlsson, Myers are FA...but suspect at least 2 of those 5 are resigned by then.

Ryan Ellis (hurt), Stralman, Sustr also available in '19. And there other other less painful trade options.

May not need a Doughty/OEL/Karlsson by that time, with McAvoy in the fold.

Reactions: sarge88

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

We know little what they will be

Krug you don't even like

Run this on Main Board where there are serious hard core hockey fans who would know the value

I don't see how a deal can be done without McAvoy or Pastrnak

The good news it could be expanded to fill holes on both teams
You want it both way's, you want to keep the great young talent but you dont think they are good enough to trade for a elite player? Zboril is a number one projecting to be a 2-3-4 Dman. Bjork is a hobey finalist a number one pick at 14 to 20 pick. AND KRUG who you love. Thats a solid package right there.

Last week the Av's and Pred's traded the six kids and picks below for Turris and Duchene.....Thats how these trades go...a bunch of high Quality potential....for greatness that no longer fits or we dont want to pay....Happens all the time. Ask Seguin.

Defenseman prospect Samuel Girard, Nashville’s 2016 second-round pick
Forward prospect Vladislav Kamenev, Nashville’s 2014 second-round pick
Forward prospect Shane Bowers, Ottawa’s 2017 first-round pick
Goaltender Andrew Hammond
2018 first-round pick from Ottawa*
2018 second-round pick from Nashville
2019 third-round pick from Ottawa

Not that Duchene is great but Turris is a excellent player.....And the AVs's got lots of picks and high thought of prospects. Thats the way it goes in these deals for great players. Nobody is giving you talent for talent, but they will give plenty of promising players and a great dman like Krug back....

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Been listening to calgary talk shows this week... theres presure starting to move one of their offensive dmen for a defensive dman

If we like kevan miller as a top 4 guy would we move carlo for brodie?

If they took belesky too for stajan... would that make it better for us?

Brodie is 27 and signed 2 more seasons at 4.65
Stajan is an ufa after this season signed at 3.13

It might be difficult to make this work with the cap but im kind of wondering if boston fans think brodie is worth it

BruinsNetwork

Well, they could have just matched Hamilton's offer if they really wanted to keep him.

And OEL is a pending UFA, 1 year away, similar to Lucic. So a similar discount should apply, no?

Fwiw, I think it was silly to claim the returns a bust last year. IMHO, they've done a great job maximizing the return on those picks and drafting in general. It really is remarkable how many players it looks like they're going to hit on.

In fairness to the Bruins, they were only about 250k off from what hamilton signed in CGY for, he simply did not want to be here anymore.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Good blue lines win Cups. McAvoy and Carlo aren’t moving unless it’s a no brainer trade (ex. McDavid).

Team getting healthy, Rask getting his game back. Youth getting experience. I’d say things are going just great. Sweeney isn’t in the position to be taken advantage of in a trade. Once the holidays pass, some teams will fall out of the playoff picture, and look to move talent for futures. At that point Sweeney can potentially make a move. Perhaps package some prospects/ picks for a mid-20’s player with impact potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad